Home

xbox version of tsl confirmed for December 2004

Darth333

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Of course, people push you down and shove the story down your throat ;)

If you want to avoid spoilers, just avoid the places that might contain them.

Very true. It was easy enough for me to avoid spoilers from the first game, and the PC version of that came out way later.

Sorry for digging this back up. I'm sure most are over it & all that. For those who aren't, or would like a vague idea of what happened heres some words about it from OE.......

I am going to try to comment on the release dates without sticking my foot in my mouth or pissing a myriad of groups off. This is probably impossible, but hey when has that ever stopped Feargus "Slamdunk" Urquhart before.

Anyway now that I'm done with the disclaimer.

There are actually a whole bunch of reasons why the dates have been set they way they have been, some of them have to do with LucasArts and some of them have to do with Obsidian. Microsoft even weighed in on the topic and let us know what they would like to see. What came out of all that was that the US Xbox version would come out in December and the PC and both International versions would come out in February.

Like a lot of people on the boards here, we are disappointed that we will not be shipping the PC version simultaneously. We are probably more disappointed actually, because of all the hard work we put into making it possible for that to happen.

--------------------

Feargus Urquhart

CEO

Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.

Again, sorry for digging this back up from the depths, just didn't feel it waranted a whole new thread. :)

^^

Wouldn't be too surprised if it wasn't....... Then again, by the sounds of it OE were busting their asses to get it out by X-Mas with the XBox version, so if it's delayed, again, it's LA... again. Perhaps something like MS wants an XBox exclusive for the international release too. If something like that happened TSL would be my last LA game. I don't care if they ship gold nuggets with every purchase or KotOR 3-656, that would be it. Ahhhh pesimism...............

Lucas Arts should have taken a clue from Ubi and delayed all versions. Ubi recently said that Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory will be delayed until march because of the PC version. However, it's delaying ALL versions so they can be released at the same time. If the PC version of TSL is behind, why not release both versions when it's done and LA can still make good on their word of releasing them together.

Com Raven, European gamers got Operation Flashpoint long before US gamers did, which is one of the best games ever. Europe also got the Star Wars Trilogy a day earlier on DVD and the Predator SE DVD for months as well. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Darth Straker

Look at the bright side, if the game receives awful and really bad bashing reviews, guess what will happen in February ?

*shudders*

just thinking about tsl being bad makes ME feel bad because of all the anticipation involved since the initial announcement of kotor 2. :mad:

oh yeah, and you guys don't want to hear my thoughts about microsoft and the xbox.

its quite vulger.

Originally posted by Darth Straker

Look at the bright side, if the game receives awful and really bad bashing reviews, guess what will happen in February ?

Based on the critical acclaim it's received thus far, I seriously doubt that's even a possibility. Several reviewers have even gone so far as to say that it's better than the original.

But reviewers aside, the screen shots and the previews themselves have me thoroughly convinced that this is going to be one of the best games of 2005.

Agreed.

I'm not worried about the quality of the story in the slightest.

I'm worried about having every aspect of the story spoiled between Dec. & Feb.

/Rant/ Damn you LA!!! It would be nice to be able to play a KotOR game without having basically everything spoiled by big mouthed XBox players who think its GodDamned funny to ruin the experience just because they keep getting them 1st. Are we, the PC players, not worthy enough? Is our money not green enough? Do we not spend enough on LA/LFL products to warrant equal treatment?!!! /End Rant/

Whoa..where'd that come from...... :p

^^^^ a bit touchy, aren't we?? :p

just look at it this way: we could always be stuck with an xbox only release.

although i personally despise the descision to push the pc release date back, i've decided not to blame anyone. i know i've said time and time again that microsoft just wants more money. true, but what if the release was on the ps2?? the same thing would happen, why? money. the only thing us pc users can do is sat back and dodge spoilers for two months, regardless. :(

Originally posted by Prime

But that won't stop idiots from saying same engine = expansion pack = sUxx0rz!

people are going to be saying that, aren't they?? stupid bunch of peons... :mad:

now i have something else to look forward to.

*heads towards class muttering curses*

Archived