Home

Online Info

Vader523

While looking through the game file of the PS2 demo (Which is the same as the full game, just parts are locked for demo purposes.), I found quite a few online features. Heres a list:

Friends (And possibly clan) List

Episode III Planet is Kashyyyk

Games have lobbies

Can switch teams in lobbies

"Quickmatch" option

You can have a profile

Voice chat

Text chat (Not sure on this one)

Game customization includes:

Game Name

Map

Map Type

Heroes (On/Off)

Historical Rules (On/Off)

Metagame Rules (On/Off)

Number of bots

Friendly Fire (On/Off)

These are all labels in the demo's .ELF file. I will post screenshots if you want, just thought I would share the information.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Info on heroes while we're on the subject lol. I found a big group of labels which are:

"human_sabre_stand_block_front1"

"human_sabre_stand_block_front2"

"human_sabre_stand_block_left1"

"human_sabre_stand_block_left2"

etc...

Yes the heroes have lightsabres and block, but I dont know if they attack I cant find anything on attacking, only blocking.

Here are labels that involve this "Metagame" thing:

"ScriptCB_AreMetagameRulesOn"

"ScriptCB_BeginMPMetagame"

"ScriptCB_DeleteSavedMetagameState"

"ScriptCB_GetSavedMetagameList"

"ScriptCB_IsMetagameStateSaved"

"ScriptCB_LoadMetagameState"

"ScriptCB_MetagameSetBonus"

"ScriptCB_SetMetagameRulesOn"

"ScriptCB_StartMetagameDelete"

"ScriptCB_StartMetagameLoad"

"ScriptCB_StartMetagameSave"

"ScriptCB_UpdateMPMetagame"

"metagame"

"metagame_host_state"

"metagame_state"

"metagame_state_local"

"metagame_vote_state" (Possible voting system online?)

"metagamecw"

"metagamegcw"

Originally posted by SITH_ShadowCat

EXCELENT info, some much needed light on the subject. Good very find. ;) I probably won't mind jedi online since they're just bots and they can't really lame, noob, ect. Hearing things like friendly fire on/off, being able to switch teams, and turning bots on/off are just the things I wanted to hear.

No problem! I know what you mean, those are the things I mostly wanted to know.

On a side note: Grappling hooks? There are quite a few labels on grappling hooks. Any info on them out already?

Originally posted by 0MERCURY0

grapling hook = blowing up AT-AT ??? I hope so

its great that you can turn off bots, this will make minigame and flight training servers alot easier.

Of course! Grappling hooks! Must have slipped my mind. Yes I cant wait for the Exploration and FlightTraining servers with no kill to just explore and fly around.

yeah, i 2nd tyler. You're still the grunt and they're next to you. its a bonus, just like the vehicles only having 50% "health" left (which i think is more useful, anyways). disabling heroes means some planets are "worthless" to capture compared to others.

very nice find vader

Some more info: I think the online ability will connect to a gamespy server of some sort. Here are a few status labels:

"gamespy.status.GP_CHATTING"

"gamespy.status.GP_OFFLINE"

"gamespy.status.GP_ONLINE"

"gamespy.status.GP_PLAYING"

"gamespy.status.GP_STAGING"

Chat rooms possibly with text chat? Ill keep looking through the labels and see what else I find.

The demo disc (Like all PS2 games/demos) has a either a SCUS or ELF file. The demo contained the ELF file so I opened it up in a disassembler and it had a lot of labels. The labels included a lot of what I listed. Usually, the demo has all the labels the full game would, so im basically just filling in the blanks.

I think this next clip will answer to the metagame thing

"But perhaps more interesting than the graphics is the "metagame" driving Star Wars: Battlefront. Tentatively called "Galactic Conquest," this mode will throw players into a full-scale war. Once you capture every checkpoint on a planet and defeat the enemy's forces utterly, you'll control that planet. Control all of the planets and you'll win the game -- but you may have to go back to a planet you'd already won to do some mopping up if things fall out of your favor while you're traveling through the galaxy on other missions. "

Taken from one of the earlier gamespy previews. It's gonna be so awesome that you can play GC Online, just hope it will be on PC version aswell :cool:

Archived