Home

Admin-mod for JA?

Panthios

Hi all.

I have played alot of Jedi Outcast and I remember that there where a nice adminmod called Vulcanis Adminmod.

With this Adminmod (and if your the host or have rcon) you could give yourself powers, or other powers. You could make a person to a bunny (only stungun) and such.

Is there any usefull adminmod for JA?

I have searched google alot but havent found anything yet.

I wanna buy JA cause I liked Outcast alot.

Thank you

Best regards

Panthios

Useful? No. Virtually every member on this forum hates adminmods (at least the ones that allow you to be 'empowered'). With good reason - they've singlehandedly discouraged a lot of people from even venturing on MP after a bad experience with adminmods. Please do not start a public server with one. If you just want to play one with your friends, that's fine.

I'll let the authors of the mods advertise their own 'products'.

And JA is quite a fun game. Try going to the Chop Shop servers. You'll find a good experience with the players on there most of the time. :)

*must... restrain... Fist.. of Death....*

Seriously if you want to use an admin mod, don't. Most servers already use them, so there's no reason to add more to the lot. To my thinking, we need LESS admin mods servers and more non-admin mod servers. Rcon is easy to learn (it's in every Quake3 engine game after all) and it's adequate for maintaining a server without resorting to abusive or cheat-like "powers" that are so common to these mods.

Anyway, if you still want to waste your time, the usual mod websites have them all. If you want to know some mod websites, there is pcgamemods.com, massassi.net, lucasfiles.com (part of this network), etc.

Just be careful out there, a lot of admins abuse these mods, and that makes people here (like me) mad, so let's not start a flame war about it if we can...

If you want to responsibly admin a server, there is a Dedicated Server Forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=334you can view for info and tips. Remember that you don't need an admin mod to be an admin...

Archived