Home

Notice To All Members!

Darth Groovy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lil Killa

That was actually dissabled for some time on some of the forums not too long ago...

I totally did not know that. That must explain why I recieved no "report post" emails for so long. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyways, it appears to be working here, so just that you are all aware of that option.

And YES this is all Kurgan's fault. :D

*waits for Kurgan to come and defend himself*

great...look what groovy started :p

but anyway guys, back on subject...no more bags of hell!

We're all friends here, hopefully, from one time or another. It's the internet. No need to waste your time and argue and bicker back and forth. We're here for a common goal, to relax and have some social fun with eachother.

So chill out, guys ;) ...lest the angel in my sig take thine life!

RP is right. The whole "bag of hell" thing is a private joke among mods. I guess it is a "you had to be there type thing", but we ran wild with it. Actually I ran wild with it more than others, but it is still funny to me.

All jokes aside, RP brings up a good point, we ARE all here for a common purpose, and we mods are not here to rain on your parade, we just strive to keep the forums a safe "family environment" the way Star Wars was meant to be. There is NO shame in reporting a post to a moderator, and NOBODY will know you did it, unless you indicate it in a thread. All of the "report post" features are discreet and private. So always come to us first, when you are not sure, that cuts down on our warnings, bannings, closing s and what not. We will ALWAYS listen to you first before we take action. ;)

I know we can all get along, and still have a good time. :)

Edit- Also for the record, a "bag of hell" does not contain "Zed Juice"". Although he would like to THINK that, it is far from true. ;)

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

bagofhell.jpg

Kurgan started it, I swear.....:eek:

Hate to be nitpicking, but for the pentacle to symbolise our lord Satan, it has to point downwards ;)

When it's pointing upwards it's the Pagan symbol for white magic ;)

You have to know this stuff when you're wearing it, you know :p

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I also want to point out that we NEVER ban somebody because of his/her opinion. It is simply how you express it.

For example:

Member #1: Slipknot sucks.

Member #2: Slipknot rules, you ****ing suck

Member #1: Shut the **** up and eat a bag of hell.

Moderator: Both of you guys cool it.

Member #1: STFU, and let me defend myself, and while your at it, all you mods can eat a bag of hell.

Member #2: Why should I listen to you , you, nobody cares what you say, so **** you, and your father's favorite snacks.

Now, as far as I can see, Member #1 was not out of line, until he retaliated against Member #2. It was not the "opinion" that got him in trouble, it was the way he started telling Member #2 off. Even though Member #2 started it, it is irrelavant, we punish those who break the rules, not who started the fight. If both parties are involved in the fight, both of them get the same treatment.

Now what we do is send both of these members a warning via private message UNLESS THEY'RE INBOX IS FULL. Now once they get warned two more times in either the thread or private message, if the argument persists with hateful remarks and name calling, we temp ban both members. If they re-register during a temp ban, the temp ban becomes permanent. If they come back at the end of the temp ban and start up on old habbits again, they become gone for good.

If you want some really good solid advice, when somebody starts calling you names and telling you off in a thread click the link on the post that says: Report this post to a moderator. DO NOT HARASS THEM BACK. Honestly, I have not recieved a report post email in almost a year, so obviously that feature is overlooked. If you can't find that, then just pm one of us, we all keep our pm inboxes clean. Just let us handle it, in the end it makes you look better, and we can keep the threads under control rather than just closing them all the time.

That deserves to be stickied.

I reported racism once and your mod said it was just a bit of fun.

Well, trip, that's partially becasue you irritated everyone in that thread, didn't show any signs of coming from uzbekistan, but rather from england, and because it wasn't meant racistically.

Archived