Home

Battlefront System Spec Questions [MERGE]

Triforcer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, seeing as how the engine locks performace at either 20 or 30 FPS and the graphics are very poor and the maps small I would think just about any graphics card would run this game, heck - anything as powerful as a console should run it because all SWBF is is a console game for the PC.

Originally posted by AgtSmith

Well, seeing as how the engine locks performace at either 20 or 30 FPS and the graphics are very poor and the maps small I would think just about any graphics card would run this game, heck - anything as powerful as a console should run it because all SWBF is is a console game for the PC.

Actually, for me, it's a console game on a console. Imagine that!

hey im back, My card works! but I have to have the settings on low. would a Verto GeForce FX 5200 Video Card, 8x AGP, 128MB DDR work on at least meduim settings? its 100 bucks and I think i Might get it. I cant order online and its at comp usa so Im guessing its the best I can get for under 100.

EDIT oh also I cant see the cinema movies inbetween levels in the single player would this be because of my graphics card or another problem?

Joel, here's the thing. the 128 cards are OK for this generation of games. I think you can get away with playing BF on high with it if you have a decent machine the rest of the way (+512ddr ram, +2.0 ghz processer ect)

BUT you may want to keep playing BF on low settings and save up for a cutting edge card...

here's why.

I struggled through four years without updating my old computer:

512 SD ram (much slower, may as well be 128.)

on board sound

600mhz Intel Celeron

64mb Geforce 4 mx420

20 GB HD

I saved up a pretty penny and picked up this beast:

1gb DDR ram

Audigy 2 sound

AMD 64 processer

ATI Radeon X800 pro 256DDR3mb

160 GB Serial ATA HD

-----

Now, the next gen hardware is already on the horizon. Right now your video card is pluged into a PCI slot, well the next gen mobos/processers are called PCIExpress, which has I belive double the transfer speed (may be 4x, I forget.) Either way, right now 256 mb is the cutting edge and 128 is the standard....soon 256 will become the standard and PCI:x will be the cutting edge.

Get yourself a few hundred dollars and pick up either a GeforceFX 256 or Radeon X800 pro/platnium. It'll be worth your money when running HL2 and all of the next gen PC titles.

O.K., I am happy to say I shall be getting a new computer (it was supposed to come on September 21st, but it got delayed because of the company getting confused with the credit card and location or something). I hope it'll come by the end of this week, or early next week (maybe Monday, my Birthday) Now, here are some of the system specs for the new computer:

1024 MB of RAM (1 GB of RAM)

nVidia GeForce 6800 gt 256 MB RAM

160 GB Hard Drive

AMD 64 3200 Processor

Windows XP Professional

Broadband Cable Connection (Earthlink)

How good do you think it'll fare? Will my computer run this game under the highest settings easily, without lag? I sure hope so, as the nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra was number one on the best graphics card (tested under Doom 3) and the one I am getting is the second best.

I have been bored, and unable to play Star Wars: Battlefront until my new computer comes, as my current computer is...not good. It has a nVidia Riva TNT2 Pro video card...and 256 MB of RAM...

Then, after the computer comes, my Dad still has to install Windows XP Professional, Xandros Linux, and drivers...

:fett:

I'm also experiencing the move problem. The screen just goes black, i can hear sound just no video. i'm updated quicktime (just in case) direct x, and video drivers but nothing has helped. my system stats

AMD 2000+

512 mb ram

nvidia 440 mx (yeah i know but it's either college or a new card)

80 gigs on the hard drive

I'm unsure what would cause this. Anyone have an idea.

P.S. oh, i have all the video settings set to low and shut other down in an attempt to elimenate the card. I't set to 800x600 now. hmm, i wonder if my palette is set to high???!!

Originally posted by xenno

I'm also experiencing the move problem. The screen just goes black, i can hear sound just no video. i'm updated quicktime (just in case) direct x, and video drivers but nothing has helped. my system stats

AMD 2000+

512 mb ram

nvidia 440 mx (yeah i know but it's either college or a new card)

80 gigs on the hard drive

I'm unsure what would cause this. Anyone have an idea.

P.S. oh, i have all the video settings set to low and shut other down in an attempt to elimenate the card. I't set to 800x600 now. hmm, i wonder if my palette is set to high???!!

I have the same problem I dont get it....

oh also. I have a 68MB video card and I put my settings to high and it runs smooth and looks pretty good! I dont get it I thought 68MB couldent run high details?

ok, here's what i found out (i'm now playing finally). first you need to make sure you have direct x 9.0c installed. it's part of the install but just in case you decided to skip it using the expert install go back and install it anyway. If your using an older card you MUST have 9.0c compatible driver. for nvidia that would be the 61.77 driver. if not then you will have sound but no movies or background animations when your in the menu screens. I'm hoping this will help out those with black screens :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I was going to buy this game for my pc, but, not trusting the Min specificatin posted on the official FAQ I want your opinion...

I have a:

P4 1800 Mhz

512 Mb RAM

Geforce4 5200 fx 256 mb ddr

Win Xp

How are my performances going? As far as the official specs I should be able to play it without too much troubles...

Im stockpiling games, Doom3 and Thief3 runs both like crap (Doom3 in particular is unplayable)....

I dont want SW:BF to take dust on my library like them... should I buy it?

II dont mind about low detail, I just want a smooth playing experience .

PC System Requirements

Computer

Required: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer

CPU

Required: Intel P3 1.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 1000 MHz

Recommended: Intel P4 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 2400+

Memory

Required: 256 MB RAM

Recommended: 512 MB RAM

Graphics Card

Required: 64 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability

Recommended 128 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Vertex and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability

Sound Card

Required: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

CD-ROM

Required: 8X Speed CD-ROM drive

Recommended: 16X Speed CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive

Input Device

Required: Keyboard and mouse

Supported: Joystick and Gamepad

DirectX

Microsoft DirectX 9.0c is included on this CD. You will be prompted to install DirectX during the installation of this game if this or a more recent version isn?t already properly installed on your system. NOTE: DirectX may require the "latest" updates for your operating system. This may also include the latest drivers for your motherboard, sound, and video hardware.

Installation

Installation requires 2.7 GB of free hard drive space. We recommend that you have an additional 200 MB of free space available after installing the game for the Windows swap/page file.

Internet Connectivity for Multiplayer

Required: DSL, Cable, or faster connection

Those are the official specs. So of course, the game should run fine, just make sure you have the latest stable drivers for your video and sound cards and the latest stable directX.

The thing is however, your MP experience probably won't be smooth, because everyone is complaining about the 20/30 fps cap that the majority of servers have. Hopefully a few patches from now this will be fixed.

Originally posted by Pho3nix

You should buy more RAM (so that u've got 700+RAM) and a Radeon 9600 XT or 9800 XT graphics card.

He could, but it won't make much difference in the game. I have less than he has and I can run at full detail with smooth framerate (offline, heh).

His specs meet or exceed the recommended requirements, so he's fine if he doesn't want to spend a bunch more cash. ; )

I don't see any reason why not. Here are my specs and the game runs fine in SP on full detail, 1024x768 res:

AMD Athlon 2400XP+ (2 Ghz, I've also tried with an 1800XP+ at 1.6? Ghz)

Windows 2000 Professional

256 mb pc133 sdram

ATI All-in-Wonder 9600 (not Pro, not XT, just regular, and 128 mb ddr vram)

DirectX 9.0c

Soundblaster Live! (regular version)

The age of the game doesn't matter so much as the engine used, how well they did their compatability testing and how good the current drivers are for the stuff you're using. The sys specs are what they are.

Archived