Home

Cheat Request (JA) *major spoilers*

Kurgan

As some of you may have heard, I'm trying to play through Jedi Academy Single Player on the Dark Side path, but I keep having program errors (crashes) and save games get corrupted.

It takes awhile, after all to fight through ALL of those saber battles... ; p

So does anyone know if there is a cheat or cvar to set what "path" you're on (Dark or Light)? Or is there some way to "warp" to the "Dark Side" version of the last two levels?

I ask this because my save games are corrupted and I don't wish to go back and kill Alora every single time.

Thanks in advance!

PS: This may sound a little odd, being as how I started the "Not Enough Customization..." thread sticky, but rest assured if I get the info I'll merge this thread with it.

; )

****************MAJOR SPOILERS**************

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

******THIS WILL RUINZ YOUR GAME******

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

******************WARNING*****************

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

********DO NOT READ; THERE MAY BE SPOLIERS********

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

*********SPOLIERS*************

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

THERES SPOILERS IN THIS BOX, IT WILL RUIN TEH GAME IF U READ THEM

***********WARNING, SPOILER***********

I saved before you chose. Everythings the same besides the final battle is Luek instead of teh evil Tavion.

Are you just asking how to load the final map verses Luek?

Thanks for nothing guys... ; )

And so you know I've beaten the game already, three times. I was trying to get through the Dark Side part recently but JA was continually crashing on the last mission. I must have restarted about a hundred times.

; p

I finally did beat it (again), by starting on the Power Station mission (from my old "dark side" save, though I could have just cheated the objectives and clipped to Alora), and then warping to Korriban 2. Annoying, but it got the job done. The trouble is since the game "doesn't know" what choice you make if you just begin on that mission, it defaults to "Light Side" every time (unless you killed Rosh before).

It would have been nice to know if there was a way to just let the computer know you were "Dark" or "Light" so you could mess around with that. Oh well...

Btw, I put "major spoilers" in the title because I'd have to blank out the entire thing with the spoiler tag, so I figured a person reads at their own risk.

Yeah, but does that affect the different cutscenes/boss battle?

I'll have to try that...

Then again, isn't "enemy" the "team" of the bad guys? So that would mean that you could only harm Jedi, and not reborn/cultists...

It seems like when you're on "player" team, you CAN hurt your allies (hence why you lose if you kill them on purpose), but if you're an "enemy" you can't hurt other enemies. Unless I'm just seeing things?

Why you... stuck up... half witted.... scruffy looking.. nerf herder!!! You slimey, no good swindler, you gotta lotta guts coming here after what you pulled! I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain...

YOU WILL PAY THE PRICE FOR YOUR LACK OF VISION!

*okay, that was overdone, I'm sorry. ; )

And of course crow, is right, I just wondered if there was another way.

Originally posted by Durocha

By the who, the question has been answered, but I thought to mention it anyway. The console command:

"playerTeam free"

Makes you an enemy to both the player team and enemy's.

Ooh, I didn't know that. I'll have a try with that some time. Thanks!

Doubt it changes anything, though PlayerTeam free does make you free from all your alliances.

It's probarly hard-coded in the games SP source code, and since that hasn't been made avaliable, no one can check.

You could ask that programmer at Raven how the game changes and makes it the Dark Side ending, ChangKhan his name was wasn't it ?

Archived