Home

KotOR/TSL GUI Dialog Editor (DLGEditor) - Current Version: 2.3.2

tk102

DLGEditor v2.3.2

Download here (April 30, 2008)

v2.3.2

- Rearranged some code to prevent unnecessary crashes upon launch and recompiled with PerlApp 7.2

v2.3.1

- Recompiled with PerlApp 7.1 (support for diacritics in username)

v2.3.0

- Fixed bug where undoing an add of a reply to a reply or an entry to an

entry would not undo the creation of the implied entry or reply. Thanks to Dashus for this.

- Fixed bug where Edit: Delete All Orphans was not enabled right after a File: Open command (again, thanks Dashus)

- Animations can now be added without having to select from the list (they can be typed by number)

See readme.txt for more information.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:thmbup1: Excellent work t102!!! This is one great tool that will save a lot of headaches :compcry: and time when editing/creating dialogues. And I love those new functions you added since the last version, especially the copy/cut/paste function.!

:sheepdanc:guitar2:band1:guitar1:cowdance

And concerning the bets you and Mono have taken: I wont delete Mono's post because he says "good job tk" and I won't merge this thread with the other because posts are inserted in a thread according to the time they were posted and the other posts would be placed at the top of this thread, before tk's announcement. Sooo...conclusion of this story: you both loose... send the money over here! :D

Thanks a lot guys! :D

And that means a great deal from you Fred. :D FWIW, I found myself thinking, well what would Fred do here?

Soliloquy: Perl/Tk (the GUI) can be tricky or tedious at times but eventually it lends itself to cut/paste code, which to me, means that you're on the right track design-wise. If you find yourself having to make a lot exceptions for special cases, then it might be time for a redesign. And adding the menubar at the top is surprisingly effective at focussing the purpose of the program.

Please let me know if you find any bugs or have critiques/ideas for this app.

Originally posted by Tanesh

Great work. :) I like the option "show orphaned replies/entries". I've just finished a personal dialogue with the old editor with over 200 replies/entries and found a lot "orphans" I forgot to connect with each other. :rolleyes: Thank you! :D

How did you create orphaned nodes in the conversation? Was it by accident? Where you using DLGEdit or (shudders) the GFFEditor?

If someone who has created/can create one of these, kindly send it to me (email in the KT readme..blah..blah..blah) so I can make sure that it can be checked for in the Kotor Tool conversation editor.

Also, should it be called a conversation or dialogue editor? NWNs' toolset uses the former....

So what you're saying is that there are EntryList items that don't appear in any ReplyList item's EntriesList or ReplyList items that don't appear in any EntryList item's RepliesList, correct?

If that's so, I think I am OK due to the way I parse the DLG file; non-referenced entries are not processed, so only the actual "tree" (or directed graph, if you prefer) is loaded and rewritten into GFF when you save.

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

So what you're saying is that there are EntryList items that don't appear in any ReplyList item's EntriesList or ReplyList items that don't appear in any EntryList item's RepliesList, correct?

Yes, that's it. I used tk's old DLGEdit to write my dialogue and because it was so big, I missed to connect some dialogue options with each other. And then the happy searching begun ... especially with the empty replies ... *sigh*

But tk, I've got a little problem now. When I want to open said dlg file, I get an error message:

"Can't call method "get_field_ix_by_label" on an undefined value at dlgeditor_101.pl line 1361. (menu invoke)"

and the option "View" in the menu is missing until I choose with right click an option like show conditionals or indices. But still after that I can't fold or unfold the trees ...

:confused:

It's only with one file and it worked fine a day ago. What could that be? :confused:

While I emailed you this response, I decided to also share it here for the benefit of other folks....

"Ok, while I don't have the time to fix it for you, I did find the problem in you file to be a circular reference as I had guessed.

If you open up your file in the GFF Editor, you'll find that EntryList(126) has a RepliesList index entry of 172 into the ReplyList, and likewise ReplyList(172) has an EntriesList index entry of 126 into the EntryList.

This breaks the rule that conversation trees go down only by direct reference and up only by virtual links. Since I can't take the time to trace out your intended tree, you'll have to patch it up manually."

P.S. Yours is the largest conversation tree I've ever seen at 160 KB! Some of the largest in KotOR are only around 36KB :)

Yes, I had a typing error (184 instead of 144) and accidently switched the lines (172 instead of 173). :rolleyes: Man, I'm getting old ...

And I know it's quite large, it hast 342 replies/entries, the "connections" and starting list not counted. I only wanted to have a nice background story for my sabers ... I guess it got a bit out of control. :rolleyes: But now I have a personal conversation file almost like the other pary members. :)

I'm not sure if I want to translate the whole thing ... it would take a lot of work, that's for sure.

This breaks the rule that conversation trees go down only by direct reference and up only by virtual links. Since I can't take the time to trace out your intended tree, you'll have to patch it up manually.

Am I missing something because this rule has no "teeth" to it. I don't know about NWN, but KotOR doesn't mind moving up the dialog tree without the "IsChild" flag being set. The dialog behaves itself.

DLGEditor does nothing with this flag (other than create the field).

v1.0.2 released (see link in first post of this thread.)

* v1.0.2 - added error checking for StartingList, EntriesList, RepliesList so that if the Index field points to a non-existant structure, a dialog box will appear prompting the user to take action. (Thanks Tanesh.)

TK102,

Thanks for the updated version. I'm working with it right now to create a new dialog and it seems as though there is some general weirdness with the copy/paste functions.

If I try to copy and paste a node, the application will only paste the copy in the same tree as the entry I'm copying.

For instance:

Entry 0

Reply 0

Entry 1

Reply 1

If I try to copy R0 and add it to E1's tree, it pastes it directly below R0 :(

Not sure if this is user error, but I thought I would share this in case it's not.

Hi Achilles,

Are you sure that E1 is properly selected in the tree at the time you initiate your Paste? Sometimes the tree doesn't respond as quickly as expected.

If the problem is persistent and is repeatable, could you send me the .dlg in question along with the exact steps involved in causing the bug.... email is in the Help: About screen.

Archived