Home

KotOR/TSL GUI Dialog Editor (DLGEditor) - Current Version: 2.3.2

tk102

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

v2.1.6

(Finally) added an adjuster widget so that the top pane can be resized. I don't why it took so long to find that widget. :doh: Anyway, if you put your cursor between the upper and lower pane, it will turn into an up/down arrow and you can drag the upper pane to make it bigger or smaller.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

v2.2.0

Improved mouse click recognition

A long time annoyance has been remedied with this version. The Perl/Tk menu system has a bug in it (on Win32 platforms) that, when a menu item is selected, the focus does not return to the main window. Instead, an extra click is needed to return focus to the main window, so users sometimes find that two clicks are required to get the Treeview to respond.

v2.2.0 of DLGEditor worksaround this shortcoming my simulating a mouse click after a menu selection is made. The result is that the application seems more responsive to user input.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick question.... about the conditional things...

How does it work if you use both fields?

a) If #1 is true and #2 is true , show this thing

b) If #1 is false and #2 is true, show this thing

c) If #1 is true or #2 is true, show this thing

d) If #1 is false or #2 is false, show this thing

I'm sortof looking for a way to do this:

#1 would be c_npc_avail

#2 would be c_hasitem

If atton is in party, show this thing

If atton is not in party, but player has x item, show this thing

If atton is not in party, and player doesn't have x item, hide this thing

:giveup::sweat:

Hi. Your described scenarios can be handled in DLGEditor using these settings:

a) Parm1 "Not": unchecked; Parm2 "Not" unchecked; Logic=0

b) Parm1 "Not": checked; Parm2 "Not" unchecked; Logic=0

c) Parm1 "Not": unchecked; Parm2 "Not" unchecked; Logic=1

d) Parm1 "Not": checked; Parm2 "Not" checked; Logic =1

At least that's what I wrote in the dlgeditor-readme.txt for the "Logic" field description at one time. :)

If atton is in party, show this thing

If atton is not in party, but player has x item, show this thing

If atton is not in party, and player doesn't have x item, hide this thing

That just boils down to: IF X OR Y which is described in c) above.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am new to Modding and I am trying to incorparate 2 DLG files into one. First I need to open and compare them for the differences. But when I open a DLG in the DLG Editor the editor shuts down and produces an error. I can't tell what the error is from the report.

All I do is click File, Open, and choose the .dlg I want and the editor shuts down. If anyone has ideal of what the problem is please let me know.

Sorry about the late response. Computer was down. I have got the newest version now so the problem dosn't happen anymore. I thought I had the latest version but somehow got version 1.0.0.8. and I had downloaded it within the last 2 weeks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've done any TSL editing (so, sorry for the dated praise), but I've recently started using v2.2.4 and I'm totally loving the resize widget and search functions :)

One somewhat odd feature (bug?) with copy / paste-as-copy that I noticed while using the latest version is that the scriptname field for Conditional #1 is not copied over, but Conditional #1's parameters, as well as the entire specification for Conditional #2 (i.e., scriptname + parameters) and conditional logic is copied over. I was copying and pasting a player reply when I noticed this behavior.

Another thing I noticed was that, upon setting Script #1 or #2, the field data is propagated to all its copies, but this doesn't happen when setting/editing Conditional #1 or #2. If this a feature, would it be possible to add a separate option to propagate these conditional changes to the node's copies?

• 3 weeks later...

One somewhat odd feature (bug?) with copy / paste-as-copy that I noticed while using the latest version is that the scriptname field for Conditional #1 is not copied over...

Another thing I noticed was that, upon setting Script #1 or #2, the field data is propagated to all its copies... If this a feature, would it be possible to add a separate option to propagate these conditional changes to the node's copies?

Hi Razorfish.8! In even more belated response to your post...

I've fixed both of these features in DLGEditor v2.2.5. In the latter case, a popup will now occur asking you if you wish to propagate the conditional changes.

I can't see that anyone else has ever reported this type of behavior, so I can only conclude that my computer (WinXP SP2) has some kind of really freaky issues with Perl.

I have the worst time trying to use DLGEditor (the latest version and the two versions before it). I can open the teeniest files, but if I try to open any normal sized ones, it crashes. And crash in this case means Poof! gone, no errors, no warnings, nothing. If the file is small enough, then it may open on the 2nd or 3rd (or 4th or 5th...) try. But as soon as I click on a node in the tree, it crashes. Or in the rare case that it stays open long enough for me to actually click on a node, edit something, click on another node to activate "Save", then it will usually crash when I try to save. :compcry:

I have similar problems with K-Gff. It will open small files (like .uti and .utc size files), but larger files, forget it. Crashes every time. And if say, I want to add a new camera to a .git file, I have to add a new struct, and add each field one at a time because if I copy an existing camera struct, it will crash on the paste operation. And I have to save after each new field, because it occasionally crashes on saving and better to lose one field than ten. For what it's worth, camedit adds the camera beautifully and then crashes on saving. FindRefs shows that it's searching for a bit, then crashes. I think KSE is the only one of tk102's tools I have that doesn't give me any trouble.

Has anyone ever heard of this sort of thing?

Edit tk102: Recently, I upgraded from Perl 5.8.0 to 5.8.8 which addressed a variety of bugs. I have since recompiled DLGEditor, K-GFF, and FindRefs GUI with this new version of Perl. cjt0202 has indicated this has fixed the problem. :)

Archived