Home

Lucas Retiring

RoxStar

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

No, I don't have the DVD, but I was looking at the changes that were made... like repaceing the Anakin ghost with that little fu**tard...

I still don't get it.

The Anakin shown in the original episode never existed. Anakin died in Episode III as a young man. Then Darth Vader was born. Behind the mask, it has always been a mangled, half-machine, half-human thing. Therefore, the man in Return of the Jedi never would have existed. Hope that helps.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And why? Because it makes the series more connected, and makes more sence?

I know! Let's let 20 years go by, get access to new, exiting technology and not use it! I'd be dissapointed in Lucas if the DVDs didn't offer some improvments like that.

Now, if I pop the DVD in and there are added musical numbers or something....

I'd be inclined to agree with you.

lol you guys are so freaking close minded, stubborn, childish and lame.

I was 5 years old when I saw A New Hope. To this day the trilogy has all three of my favorite movies of all time (Empire's the best!)

Was ep.1 a dissapointment? yeah. But if it were not part of the franchise I would have really liked it. Ep.2 was much better, really tied alot of the series together.

I'm not upset about using items from ep1/2 in the older films, because I love the franchise as a whole. I've seen the films in their original form, and own all three on VHS. The DVD version is newer, and thus newer things are not bad.

Stop crying about the goddamn movies being changed. We aren't 5 years old anymore, life goes on.

And as far as that bratty little ****er goes....I had my doubts but he does the light/dark thing very well. Quite what I expected from a young Anakin Skywalker....perhaps you would have preffered if they magically made mark hammill 40 years younger and play that part too?

it is more the fact that there is no archive of the original movies availble on a high quality dvd to compare it to the new.

imo the rawness of the first movies is what made them so good, and all the special effects in what make up episodes 1 and 2 are what brought there downfall. they r too perfect, and the acting is less emotional. they coudlve easily had an original theatrical release with audio commentary on top of it.

the audio commentary on the special edition versions would be about how they enhanced everything, and in the theatrical version they should have the audio which is currently being used on the dvd which just came out. im not sure if youve watched the new dvds, but there was alot of new added scenes just rolling passed the screen while the audio people were crapping on how the used old stuff to make the effects. it just didnt match.

Originally posted by FpS_Vandal

I'm not upset about using items from ep1/2 in the older films, because I love the franchise as a whole. I've seen the films in their original form, and own all three on VHS. The DVD version is newer, and thus newer things are not bad.

I'm going to say sure, if GL wanted newer things in his movies then that' shis perogative. They are his. But WE are the people who MADE him so rich, and it is the ORIGINAL movies that are the reason we are who we are. GL OWES it to us to give us the option of seeing our original movies on a high quality format.

Lucas says hes too old to do Episodes 7-9, but I think most feel the legacy needs to be completed. It is no longer the end of things after Episode VI because we all know there is still more, especially if you've read any of the books that chronicle events after Episode VI.

Many of the future Star Wars books have the original characters in their 40's or older so to me the same actors would play the same characters in episodes 7-9. Those three episodes are the future of things farther down the road, not five years from the end of episode six. What has happened to everyone after 30 years and what do they do when they find ghosts from the past returning to make the final circle complete.

Galahad

Knights of the Alliance

http://www.allianceknights.net

Incorrect. The saga follows the story of Anakin Skywalker and his SON Luke. There are 3 trilogies. 123, 456, 789.

789 will likley never be made.

^^^ This is the general consencus, unless you can provide several links to credible sources to back your argument, I see no reason to beleive otherwise.

"star wars is the story of anakin skywalker.

after ep 6 it's over. ?

Thats true only for those that have never read any of the books taking place after episode six. The Timothy Zahn series taking place not long after the end of episode six is pretty good and it only goes on from there. Plus, a Star Wars TV series might take place after episode six too.

Galahad

Knights of the Alliance

http://www.allianceknights.net

Well if it was me I would retire. He has made his mark, and changed film making for the better. And he's in his 50's now. If he started Ep. 7,8,9. He would be in his mid 60's. If it was me I would retire to spend time with my family. He has made his mark and money. I would regret not seeing the saga come to a real close, but I would understand him retiring.

P.S. Even if he does retire, his children and friends can take over.

Maybe their will be Ep. 7,8,9. No telling where Star Wars will go.

Archived