Home

Fable

ET Warrior

It's out, and it ROCKS fellow swampies. This game is fantastic and fun. If it weren't for class and homework I don't think I'd be doing anything else today. It's a TON of fun, and a very entertaining action/rpg. It suffers from framerate issues sometimes, and the combat targetting system occasionally does things that don't make sense, but overall it's AWESOME. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be checking it out sooner or later, but I'm having something like a "fable-hype hangover". All that crap Peter M. said would be in it is now gone, and all that's left seems a bit normal aside from the "hero recognition" system they have. And I've also heard that it's really short.

I will definitely try it out. I'm just not sure if it's a "buy" or a "rent".

I have to wait another month, because I'm in Britain. I really really want to murder those Microsoft bastards. The game was made in the UK and you U.S people get it first, it's ****ing stupid.

Sorry for the language, I've been waiting for this game for years, and then Micro go and make stupid ****ing mistakes like that.

Originally posted by jokemaster

The problem is that they ran out of time and they couldn't fine-tune all the things they promised, but I keep hearing it's excellent nonetheless.

the problem is that PM made the mistake of mentioning ANY cool ideas he had when he was interviewed, and people assumed everythign he mentioned would be in the game... a lot of it was just random thoughts, and was discarded before they even tried developing it. He says he is gonna be more careful about what he says next time ;-)

It looks ok, but since there is no real branching of the plot it seems like a more limited version of morrowind... with nice character creation options. :D

I think that's just something we're going to have to accept from Molyneux. He did it with Black and White, and he did it with Fable. His problem is his vision is much more complex than the abilities of the hardware running the code, which I suppose is often the case, but he also has a nasty habbit of running his mouth ;)

I honestly had NO idea what this was all about (and i didn't dare ask, for you would surely call me newbies or the like) but i saw something about it on tv, and i must say it looks pretty cool. Too bad i don't have an Xbox.

It was fun to see the main character use fireballs and lightning on peacefull villagers. It's exactly what i'd do.

Originally posted by Doomgiver

I honestly had NO idea what this was all about (and i didn't dare ask, for you would surely call me newbies or the like)

Not once recently have I ever seen a Swampie start screaming newbie at somebody just for not knowing about a game.

And I bought Fable the day it came out. It IS Awesome. I have already decked my hero out in full plate armor, pulled the legendary sword from the stone, maxed out all of my strength, and have a legendary status. Extreamly addictive. ;)

Originally posted by Hiroki

Not once recently have I ever seen a Swampie start screaming newbie at somebody just for not knowing about a game.

And I bought Fable the day it came out. It IS Awesome. I have already decked my hero out in full plate armor, pulled the legendary sword from the stone, maxed out all of my strength, and have a legendary status. Extreamly addictive. ;)

Tell me more, or I will have to get a flight booked to the US, come round your house and play it.

Originally posted by Pal™

Can you [LUCKY] people in the US tell me how good this is? And what it's like being an archer? :)

My friend is playing as an archer, and he's a tough dude. He just uses force push and knocks the baddies away and then lights them up with arrows. DEADIFIED!

:D

Eh, Fable looks good, but it's only on the x-box so I'll wait till the pc version comes out.

In relation to Fable...

My friend got Fable yesterday, however he did not come to school today. I have the distinct suspicion that he had Fableidis, considering he showed symptoms of it to my friend last night: 30 minutes of non-stop Fable talk.

Methinks Fable is a plague upon every geek of the world...

:p

Well Pal, you can do tons of stuff in it. The combat is real time, and a lot more action packed than Morrowind, as you have rolls, precise sword fighting, bowmanship, and spell casting, it plays more like a action/adventure game combat wise.

You gain experience for defeting your enemies. They drop small green orbs, which you collect apon there death. As you fight you rack up combat multipiers, which causes each orb to give you even more XP.

You watch your character grow and age over time. You start out as a six year old kid, and age to a battle hardened 65 year old warrior/ranger/mage or a combination of the named. As you increase your strength stats, you will watch your character grow, and develop muscels.

Fighting in it is a load of fun. But even more fun are the things you can do in the world, people will react to you differently depending on how you play the game. You can become a famous hero, who people will flock to, and clap for, and even bow to. Or an infamous and savage killer, who sends villager dashing to there homes apon your entrance.

You can get married, have kids, raise your own special family. There are so many things you can do. :D

Originally posted by ET Warrior

It's out, and it ROCKS fellow swampies. This game is fantastic and fun. If it weren't for class and homework I don't think I'd be doing anything else today. It's a TON of fun, and a very entertaining action/rpg. It suffers from framerate issues sometimes, and the combat targetting system occasionally does things that don't make sense, but overall it's AWESOME. :D

has it got online game?

sorry i didnt read all the thread :p

Archived