Home

The best StarWars game?

DF3377

Hi,

i just tested the Troopers modification and i think it rulez.

I never saw so good simulated starwars fights on the stardestroyer!

Now im waiting for battlefront..

But on a few points it seems a bit crappy on this game ,

did you ever seen the clips from the xbox version?

Shooting seems very easy as example no recoil at the weapons and a crosshair becoming red when aiming an enemy.

Tat's too easy i think, i hope the gameplay will be good on pc demo.

Can we switch to the 3rd person in the pc version?

This would be cool, i liked 3rd person in soldner.

PS:Vehicle physics was a good feature in bf 1942 i hope they will use it in battlefront!

The engine for the the vechile physics on Battlefront will definately be much better than BF42. I have been a die hard BF42 player since 2 years ago. The modding community could not make the ATAT walk with the BF42 engine, it wasnt designed for that.

Yes you can switch to first person. Also the no recoil, there is some recoil I think for the sniper. Anyhow these are not rifles that shoot copper with gunpowder. Recoil comes from the big bang in the chamber, shoot a .22 vs a .45 and youll know what I mean. Laser fire should not have any recoil anyhow.

Well i never waited so intense for a game :/ i'm like addicted since june 2004, Many people saying great things about this game, and i sure believe em, i've been waiting so long for a game like this and now its finally there.

But cant realy judge the game cause i havent played it, but i will soon! :D

Naaahhh , the best star wars game of all time isn't even in production or even been pitched to LA yet. The game is an SP game where you live in a virtual star wars universe can go anywhere, do anything, become a jedi, sith, bounty hunter, smuggler etc. Play in first or third person mode, have gameplay similar to JA but better. Basically a game like Bethesda's Morrowind or Grand Theft Auto but bigger with more planets and the ability to fly any ship of your choice to any planet at any time plus the ability to recruit wingmen, in otherwords a totally nonlinear game. Some of you are thinking galaxies but my ideas go far beyond what galaxies is or what it can do plus my ultimate star wars game is not an online lag/bore fest with empty cities, but a single DVD filled with gameplay, NPC's enemies, and ships which would probably be around 5-7 gigs, and literally take months to complete, give or take. any devs taking notes? until that game is in our hands we have battlefront which is shaping up to be the best star wars game to date, i can't wait.

True that, man. I think we're gonna have to wait quite a few years till we ever see that game, i have the faint hope that i can somehow become a game designer for LA or a company in their employ or that a dev sees potential for a game like that and is reading my posts. However Battlefront does fill that void quite a bit more and is sure to keep me busy for many moons.

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

in otherwords a totally nonlinear game.

After JA, I've soured a bit on non-linear gameplay. Without a solid story, I think a Star Wars game like that would be very good. That is one reason why Galaxies doesn't appeal to me at all.

I would have a definite story in the game, however you are encouraged to do side quests and other stuff to build strength, stamina, reputation, etc. Also to find new weapons (ie. better blasters, the ability to wield dual blasters, build a lightsaber), buy new ships that are faster, better looking and whatnot. You could also train yourself to use the force better by going on missions from the jedi council. I imagine the game would have progression like the xbox game fable where your decisions would affect the outcome of the game as in choices between good and evil. But on top of everyhting would be an epic story. The problem with galaxies is that you have no real direction, it's basically you living a virtual life with no real excitement. What's the point? No, i think the game i imagine would make you feel like you're integral part of the universe in a big way and that only you have the power to save it, hence it not being an online title.

The best Star Wars game would simply be.... Not a game. If Star Wars was real, that would be the coolest thang since sliced hamburger patties. I am not religious, so I have no problem saying this, Star Wars is to me like Christianity is to Christians. If Star Wars was real, that would be my equivalent of meeting God, or going to Heaven. Not a day goes by when I don't think of Star Wars. Ya know how in The Matrix, humans are asleep but they're dreaming that they live in the regular world? Well, if that happened to me, but I was dreaming I was in the Star Wars galaxy, I'd be fine with that. Enslave the human race, go ahead. As long as I get to live Star Wars.

Originally posted by jedijohn

i like tyler's and revlt's ideas best, but wait what about a game where capturing command posts is your objective or one where you work through a jedi academy or better still a racing sim, i will call it it super bombad racing,lol:D

hmm, super bombad racing, sounds familiar. ill bet some big gaming companies are pissed that they didnt come up with that name first! :p

Well, I've played just about every Star Wars title since the SNES days including Battle Front and I can honestly say Battlefront is my favorite. Now, give me the benifit of the doubt when I say one of the reasons KOTOR is not my favorite is because I dislike RPGs, the game was so well done that I finished it once (played through half of it again) which is more than I've ever played any RPG, but I'd take Rouge Squadron and Jedi Knight II over KOTOR.

I thought JKII was the pinacle of the Star Wars licence, especially seeing as how SW:BF is so similar to BF:1942 a game which I despise with my whole being. Then I decided "What the hell, I HAVE to play SW:BF or I won't be a true fan." I put it in and WHAT A DIFFRENCE!!!

BF:1942, to me coming from Day of Defeat (http://www.dayofdefeat.com) sucks because it has no charecter, you feel so distant from the person you control, plus it felt so unrealistic and cheap, unlike the heavy hitting, fast paced gameplay of DOD.

But the BF system is PERFECT for the starwars universe. Instead of being Kyle Katarn, master Jedi you're a regular schmuck with a white helmet. Being a stormtrooper, for a fan, is SUCH a rush. It's incredible how much fun the game is when you put the right persective on it. Also the Vehicles in BF42 pissed me off because they felt so wonky. In Battlefront, nothing is cooler than being in an AT-AT and firing into a group of rebel speeders, watching them fly apart in 100 diffrent directions. It's crazy fun. More fun than picking up an enemy and slamming them into a wall with force choke :) heeheehee.

The BF system REALLY gets an improvment here with atmosphere. If you've ever played BF:Vietnam or 42 you know how empty it can feel. You're generally in a huge map with 64 other people (or bots) and you can't hardly find another soul. When you finally do, the sounds of the voice overs and the gunfire just are so....weak. Uninspired.

In SW:BF, the maps are a measure smaller and 64 people is CRAZY there's blaster fire EVERYWHERE you look, small skirmishes break out all over the place, and it's VERY immersive! The Stormtroopers have that awesome, cold walkie talkie sound to their speech and the radio that tells you whats going on...(We've lost a command point!) sounds MUCH better than in the Battlefield series, it's like a Grand Moff is overseeing the battle, you almost feel like you're an individual unit in an RTS game!

MAD cool! To date, battlefront reigns supreme for me.

Originally posted by FpS_Vandal

If you've ever played BF:Vietnam or 42 you know how empty it can feel. You're generally in a huge map with 64 other people (or bots) and you can't hardly find another soul.

The rest is merely opinion but this is one think I must correct you. I don't know which maps you play but at 64 players most of them are full of chaotic gunfire. I have no idea how the hell you could've avoided them all.

Second of all, you should try Forgotten Hope right here

It's a mod for BF1942 and it's 100 times better. So much more "emotion".

Archived