Home

What do you hope is improved from Knghts 1

Naphtali

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first post! Yay me! *ahem*

Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic was one of the best RPGs I've played in a long time. I, along with many others are highly looking forward to The Sith Lords.

Now that the above is comon knowledge, I'd like to state what I think should be improved for the next game.

[Light Side/Dark Side]

Now, I've read alot in this thread about people who wanted better dark side choices. That really wasn't one of my personal problems with the game. I think they did fine with that and will likely expand & improve in the next one.

My main erk in the first one, was the feeling that I was mainly alone in the dark side all the way up to the very end. Most of my party would complain when I'd choose a dark side option, and it became annoying to a certain level. (It didn't keep me from loving the game, but it was annoying.)

I heard a little bit about you being able to sway your party to the dark side or light side, but I don't too much detail about The Sith Lords, so they could very well have handled this problem already. But if not, then hopefullly they will.

I don't just want my party to be in my favor, either. i want townspeople and salesman/women/ewoks :)/etc. to sway towards different alignments as well. Example - Maybe some guy likes the fact that I'm aligned with the dark side of the force so he'll give me extremely better prices than he would if I were on the light side of the force. Also, perhaps some npcs won't talk to me if I'm a dark sideer or a light sider. Just a thought.

[Non Jedi Main Characters]

I love using the force in Star Wars games just as much as the next person. But when I was playing the first Knights, I felt the urge to make a character (my third play through) that avoided the force and tried to use blaster weapons and be a Han Solo/Boba Fett type. It was simply impossible to get into though, because the game mainly caters towards Jedi powers. This isn't a complaint or anything, but it would have been neat to have that option.

[Larger Areas To Explore]

I couldn't help but feel a bit fenced in and claustrophobic in the first game. It didn't kill the gameplay for me, but it would be nice to see bigger areas to explore in the next one.

That's about all I can really think of at the moment. I still love this game and I look forward to the next one, regardless. Cheers.

Originally posted by Achilles

Better DS play.

I'd like my DS dialog choices to be more sinister. Yeah, I felt like crap when I stole the Wraid Plate from Sharina but it would have been much more DS to convince her to enslave herself to a Hutt to earn the money...or something like that.

It seemed like 99% of the DS options were just mean, not really evil. Know what I mean?

I agree, but remember that Czerka dude you choke out in the cantina on tatooiene? That was what I thought the whole DS game should have been about. Why shake someone down when you can kill them... We need more sudden deaths, too. I know it's off topic, but I liked the idea of stepping up to the wrong guy (like Calo in the upper city cantina) and just getting fragged... I was pretty funny, as long as I saved before hand.

That Cerka guy didn't die when I did that, and I couldn't fix that mistake with my Lightsaber. The Calo idea was nice indeed, but it sucked if you hadn't saved just before. But since I save right before entering an area, it's fine by me. This also made experimenting with the dialog easier.

Archived