Home

clearing out the rumors

chicagodave

thers lots of stuff going around, i wonder if someone can give a definitive answer:

1. theres no buddy/clan option for online play

2.you cant chat in the lobby

3. user controlled server can onlyhost 4

4. voice chat is open mic for everyone

these ugly rumors have been spread in the lucas arts forums.

if anyone can please answer these, thanks.

Originally posted by DarthDurp

right, no clan option for online, there isnt even a lobby for the game, you just join in, for me it can only hold four, but that might be just because my server is bad, and voice chat is open mic for anybody.

oh wow if this is true, im very dissapointed. i just dont understand why they want to screw up this game by not adding small feautures.

Thats why you get X-fire and keep track of your buddies. Unless your getting the console version, then I laugh at you. Jedi Academy never had a clan list and it was fine online, my best advise is go out and make real friends instead of meeting people over a Star Wars game. *prepares for some random flame on that comment* I don't care about user contolled servers since those are the laggiest, I'll stick with dedicated thankyou. The only thing I don't like very much is the open voice thing, but this is were PC will also shine since not everyone will have mics.

Wolfgaming.net will probably host 2 servers on dedicated machines right away. 1 in the Us and 1 in Europe. Both will be on dedicated 10mbit lines and powerfull servers so no lag will almost be guaranteed. Although keep in mind that our servers will be actively admined.

When the servers do get online depends entirely on LA, if they manage to get out a dedicated server on the day of release the US server will go online immediately. The European server will depend on a linux based ded. server.

For more info visit http://wolfgaming.net

P.S. Mod, I hope it's ok to post this here, after all it's for the good of the community and of course everyone is welcome as long as they know to behave

No No No. Is it true that the mic is open for everyone and not just for your team? That would be awful! Cant tell you how many insults there will be and flame wars over the mics. If you can talk to the opposite team and not just your own teammates! I would prefer there be no VOIP. I have got to see it for myself. I dont think they would do that. This is why they should have taunts to keep people from using alot of profanity, racist remarks and other useless crap to insult the other team.

Originally posted by Whoopknacker

Is it true that the mic is open for everyone and not just for your team? That would be awful! Cant tell you how many insults there will be and flame wars over the mics.

If it would be anything like the geek contestants that are on that techtv Arena show, I'll pass on the voice stuff.

Open mic IS the way to go. Most Xbox'ers already know this. Button push chat is inferior in an action game....so this is good news.

The 4 player server is likely because this game will require a huge amount of bandwidth. If someone has a T1 or something then I am sure they will be able to host more.

A note here - having AI controlled factions like sandpeople, ewoks, etc, is not worth the bandwidth they absorb. I hope there is an option to turn off the AI factions. That would make the servers more stable.

No clan support on the PS2 is very understandable. It would require a LOT of work. No clan support on the Xbox (that has it built in) is not acceptabe.

Originally posted by JediCrow

Um...ppl that are playing it on a console maybe?

True. The point being however, console kiddies should expect their inferior hardware to have shortcomings like this.

This is one of the infinite reasons why I would never play a game like this on a peice of junk console.

Give it a rest, dude. I agree that first person shooters belong on a PC platform for a number of reasons (ease of customization, patching, communication, more options for control, ect) but there's no reason to bash folks for wanting a cool X-Box or PS2 game, don't be a cockbite about everything your whole life.

Remember, they are gonna lay down 50 bucks just like you, so maybe you should consider everyone instead of just yourself.

Originally posted by ouchy

Open mic IS the way to go. Most Xbox'ers already know this. Button push chat is inferior in an action game....so this is good news.

The 4 player server is likely because this game will require a huge amount of bandwidth. If someone has a T1 or something then I am sure they will be able to host more.

A note here - having AI controlled factions like sandpeople, ewoks, etc, is not worth the bandwidth they absorb. I hope there is an option to turn off the AI factions. That would make the servers more stable.

No clan support on the PS2 is very understandable. It would require a LOT of work. No clan support on the Xbox (that has it built in) is not acceptabe.

open mic is ok if the player is on a headset and is disciplined enough to only speak when needed..

in our clan setting for other games open mic is highly frowned upon because of all the unnecissary sound coming over comms is highly distracting and anti-productive.

the voice activated is the 2nd best option but push to talk is by far the most courteous and best option. it is actually not difficult at all and i find it much easier to keep the comms clear and concise..

ofcourse some of this is a mute point as most people like to use their own comms, most public comms tend to be more chaotic then beneficial.

1- I never use the intergrated voice chat. I'll use software that is made for that, this way I only have my clanmates/buddies on. And also, it is easy to know who is online.

2- I always use all seeing eye for server browsing and use it to find buddies/clanmates.

3- I don't recall the last time I played a non dedicated server for any game

4- If I want to chat about SWBF, I'll hop on an irc channel that talks about it, not start up the game just to chat.

So, none of it affects me :)

In game you can only talk to people on your own side on the score screen which is the closest thing to a lobby you can talk to everone

The host has the option to set the number of AI characters per human player but with the maps being so big its kinda borning without the AI

and yeah the open mics are kinda anoying the other day someone was talking on the phone with the headset still on lol :)

Archived