Home

Achilles' "very ambitious" KotOR robes mod is available for download

Achilles

This one is way too big for my little site, so I'm going to put this one on PCGameMods so that people will actually be able to download it :)

Before we jump into the details, I want to take a moment to recognize the following for their contributions on the project:

Prime & Numark79 - Thank you so much for graciously allowing me to use your movie style skins.

Svosh - Without your Photoshop tips and tricks, I'd probably be still working on this the wrong way 6 months from now. You are the PhotoShop Master!

Jatku - Thanks for being my 3am PnP/d20 IM resource.

Ok, now for a break down of goods. For Light Side, I have added 6 new skins as well as several new robes. Each robe has a new item description (which can be found in the readme's on my site or in the download).

The Padawan Robe takes the place of the standard Jedi Robe.

The Jedi Knight Robe simply reskins the existing robe. No other changes.

The Jedi Emissary Robe takes the place of the old Jedi Master Robe.

The next three "prestige class" robes have boosted stats similar to the Qel-Droma Robes.

The Jedi Weapon-Master Robe, the Jedi Watchman Robe, and the revised Jedi Master Robe :bounce1:

Similar robes have been created for Dark Side play and include the following new items:

• Sith Initiate Robe (Dark Jedi Robe)
    Sith Apprentice Robe (Dark Jedi Knight Robe)
    Sith Warrior Robe (Dark Jedi Master Robe)
    Sith Marauder Robes (Guardian prestige class)
    Sith Assassin Robes
    Sith Lord Robes

Just like Bioware, I only made one Dark Side robe skin. Darth Maul was my inspiration on this one :dmaul3:

Screenie

Readme's can be found on my web site along with the screenies seen here.

The download is available at PC Game Mods.

oh Great, ANOTHER MOD IM FORCED TO DOWNLOAD! :p

Bud, thats................................ :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT :D:D:D

i commend you on a excellent mod(s) :D

well done bud

i love that DS Maul-inspired Robe, i think that would go brilliantly with my custom Double-Sabre sith sabre (its only a .UTI change)

THANX ACHILLIES! :D

MattCole

Originally posted by maverick187

the Watchman looks better than the Weapons Master... typical Achillies...lol good job

Well I wanted to keep variants of the red and blue robes, just in case there were any die hard fans of the originals. Not my fault that Watchmen just happen to pwn :p

very nice work yo, I just saw them for the first time just now (I couldn't seem to be able to open that .rar file you e-mailed me, =P) and they look pretty sweet. Actually, this has also gotten me motivated now to work on some more robes myself , heheh. again, good job!

peace

Originally posted by numark79

very nice work yo, I just saw them for the first time just now (I couldn't seem to be able to open that .rar file you e-mailed me, =P) and they look pretty sweet. Actually, this has also gotten me motivated now to work on some more robes myself , heheh. again, good job!

peace

I can't wait to see what new ground you break this time! Glad that you weren't disappointed :D

Originally posted by stingerhs

excellent work, which seems to be the norm for you. :D :D

btw, what did you mean by 'ambitious' in the thread title???

I replaced every single robe that you see in the game (not including dark jedi, whose models are not separated from their heads, etc)....

Seemed kinda ambitious to me :)

Originally posted by Achilles

I replaced every single robe that you see in the game (not including dark jedi, whose models are not separated from their heads, etc)....

Seemed kinda ambitious to me :)

ahh, total conversion. sweetness. i've done the same thing with my saber mods (which will be released soon :D :D :D ). so, i guess you could call it ambitious. i'm just gonna have to download it when i get home.

:joy:

Originally posted by stingerhs

ahh, total conversion. sweetness. i've done the same thing with my saber mods (which will be released soon :D :D :D ). so, i guess you could call it ambitious. i'm just gonna have to download it when i get home.

:joy:

Errrr....you're working on one of those too? :rolleyes::)

EDIT: Oh, that's right! Your Saber Styles mod. Can't wait to see it.

Darth333 was kind enough to point out a potential bug with this mod.

It seems that Darth Bandon's utc file for Manaan has the same name as the Bandon utc for the Endar Spire. This means that you will have a game crash when you encounter Bandon on the Endar Spire.

The only way to avoid this bug is to temporarily remove g_bandon001.utc from your Override folder. Once you have passed this level you can put it back without fear of additionaly crashes. You will not encounter this issue if you're using one of the Padawan mods.

Thanks again to Darth333!

Originally posted by Achilles

Darth333 was kind enough to point out a potential bug with this mod.

It seems that Darth Bandon's utc file for Manaan has the same name as the Bandon utc for the Endar Spire. This means that you will have a game crash when you encounter Bandon on the Endar Spire.

The only way to avoid this bug is to temporarily remove g_bandon001.utc from your Override folder. Once you have passed this level you can put it back without fear of additionaly crashes. You will not encounter this issue if you're using one of the Padawan mods.

Thanks again to Darth333!

I noticed this myself. I just went solo and used the warpband to warp to the starboard section to get past it. Miss out on svosh's and a few of redhawks items it I go straight to Taris. Sorry about not letting you know about it sooner.

They are just.....so damn beautiful.

Hey you think maybe you could try making new lightsaber colors?

I try but I suck at it, I cant make the gold color actually look like gold and i cant seem to make a silver/platinum color either.

I just want to cry....just like I did when i saw these beautiful robes.

Originally posted by Fearless_Jedi

They are just.....so damn beautiful.

Hey you think maybe you could try making new lightsaber colors?

I try but I suck at it, I cant make the gold color actually look like gold and i cant seem to make a silver/platinum color either.

I just want to cry....just like I did when i saw these beautiful robes.

Actually I made both as part of my lightsaber mod, but decided not to create models for them in the interest of time. PM me with your email addy and I'll send them to you.

• 3 years later...

I am trying to find a way to get this mod. It is one of the best mods I have seen for robes. Can someone PM and I will give you my email address so you can send me it if you have it.... If that is possible. Also do you have to start a new game to get this mod to work??? Thanks

• 8 months later...
Hey, with the death of PCGameMods, has Achillies posted this anywhere else? This was a standard mod for me on my old computer, and I'd love to have it again.

Thanks

Christ, what is with you people and bumping 4 years old threads? Ask in 'Mod Links from PCGM' thread in modding request section.

Or (since Achilles is so obviously still active here) you could send him a PM and ask.

_EW_

The mod is gone guys. Went bye-bye with PCGMs. Sorry.

Since it is gone I will close this thread then to prevent further 'bumps'... if someone has a copy perhaps you can offer to send it to Achilles to re-release it. Then we can re-open this thread. -RH

Re-opened per Achilles' request. :) --Jae

• 2 months later...

Archived