Home

I've been thinking about the Series' plot...*series spoilers inside*

Doomie

Well, i've been wondering. Jedi outcast assumes that Kyle went the way of the Jedi and joined the New Republic at the end of JK.

I've just been wondering what the plot could've been like had Kyle gone the Evil way?

Of course, when Dessann and Tavion would've appeared, He and Sariss would try to defeat them. Would he still go to the Valley of the Jedi to do that? Would Desann and Tavion still find it that way? And what about the Jedi Academy? Would it pose a threat to Kyle? What would he do about it? And when Jaden would be discovered, would he try to gain him as an apprentice or just kill him?

post comments on this here. Or not, i don't really care.

This is spoiler heavy, obviously, but:

If Kyle takes the Dark Path in JK1, then he "becomes Emperor." He's wearing Imperial Garb and taking control of the Imperial Palace on Coruscant. He orders Sariss to crush a "small uprising on Danatooa." So we get the impression that he's conquered the galaxy. There is no telling how long it took him to accomplish this, but one could assume that after killing Jerec, he was able to harness the power of the Valley of the Jedi for himself (as Jerec tried to do), rather than just gaining a little power from it for a temporary period, as he did on the Light Path, or as he does to get a "boost" to shock him back into the Force as he did in Jedi Outcast.

So with this power, Kyle is VASTLY more powerful than he was before, and dare I say, more powerful than any Jedi yet living in the SW Galaxy at the time, including Luke. While he wouldn't have had the time to train like Luke did, his power in the Force would be immense. His powers are being boosted by thousands of Jedi Spirits (both good and evil) from the Valley.

Since they obey his commands, another can't just step in and "steal them" like Desann & Tavion tried to do in JK2.

Qu Rahn theorized that someone like Jerec would have the "supernova of a star will be within his grasp" if he took full control of the Valley. This may have been exaggeration or fear-mongering on his part, but who knows.

Kyle wasn't as powerful as Jerec in the Light Path, but in the Dark Path he was approaching Jerec in power, and since he was able to beat him in a stand-up fight, it is reasonable to assume he was equally powerful as Jerec (even with Jerec's boosted power from the Valley). Then he gets the Valley to boost HIS OWN power. Whoa... it's like DBZ or something!

So as to the ending, he may have already killed the Jedi or forced them to join him, if the only threat is a "small uprising" on a planet we've never heard of. He obviously didn't destroy Coruscant if the palace is still intact, but he could have theoretically destroyed the Yavin system, which would have effectively erradicated Luke's New Jedi.

I had a theory (speculation here) for a "Dark Side Game" (Raven/LucasArts, please use my idea!) wherein Kyle takes the Valley, and perhaps some of Jerec's leftover forces, and tries to take over the New Republic. Just like the JK1 Dark Side ending, but he discovers that while he can control some of the power, he doesn't have full mastery of it. So he seeks out the knowledge of the Sith to control all that power. Thus he goes to the Dromuund Kaas planet (from MotS) to force the Sith spirits to help him and uncover the Sith knowledge to master the dark Side.

This gives a chance for people to try to stop Kyle rather than having him instantly become a god after taking the Valley from Jerec, making for a more interesting game.

Desann seems to have trained Tavion on his own. Desann was trained at Luke's Academy. So if Kyle kills off Luke's group, they may never have found and trained those two. Alternately Kyle may have sought out Force users and bent them to his will (or just killed them). Who knows? Lots of possibilities though.

Archived