Home

Battlefront RENT-SERVERS and LEAGUES

Alegis

This post is to have a nice summary of some server hosters and leagues out there. I will keep this post updated as more services will come, you may add anything you want to etc.

BATTLEFRONT LEAGUES

Teamwarfare (TWL)

Starwars gaming league

NGGC

battleArenas

E-Battles

StarWarsBattles

RENT A BATTLEFRONT SERVER

UKGamer

EPG Servers

RapidGamer

JetstreamServers

Hypernia

speedlinkservers

clanservers

I'm an admin at TeamWarfare for SW:BF and I'll be working hard to make sure that TeamWarfare is the best place to enjoy playing Battlefront competetively for the PC.

The 8v8 ladder that is now open for signups is currently the largest competetion anywhere currently forming, with 37 teams signed up already and more signing up each day. We're still waiting on basic server admin functionality among other things before we give this game the 'competetion ready' stamp, but you can still get signed up and scope out the competetion in the meantime. We're working directly with Pandemic producers to make sure that the game gets patched to include the features necessary for competetive play, so it shouldn't be too terribly long before we open things up for challenges.

We will be opening an 8v8 league when enough teams sign up on the ladder.

http://www.teamwarfare.com

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

irc.gamesurge.net - #twl_sw

xfire - 194schetter

You asked for it, you got it! Star Wars Gaming League http://www.starwarsgamingleague.com is now officially open and is taking teams. This is THE place to play SW Battlefront competitively.

This is a league format 12 vs 12 Season. Season One will consist of 2 weeks of preseason, 8 weeks of regular season and 4 weeks of playoffs. It will culminate in crowning a champion, the proven best team in Battlefront!

There is a 32-team limit for Season One, so hurry and get signed up before the slots are filled. Star Wars Battlefront is absolutely the most exciting game to come out in a long time. It is the perfect competitive clan match game due to its emphasis on lightning fast play, tactics and teamwork.

We’re proud and pleased to announce that OISRadio.com http://www.oisradio.com will be the exclusive shoutcast station for the matches and the Match of the Week! OISRadio.com is the recognized leader in excitement for your gaming ears. Check out their site to hear some clips of past BF42 matches! OIS has rightly been called the, “James Brown of Shoutcasting.”

For now we’re calling all team captains to come to http://www.starwarsgamingleague.com and register on the forums to indicate you’d like one of the available team slots. Again, we expect them to fill up quickly; so if you want to be in the thick of the excitement, don’t delay!

Polish your thermal detonators everybody, cause this game is going to be a blast!

Miyamoto Musashi

Jeremy Phillips

Co-Founders of Star Wars Gaming League

http://www.tthosting.ca

hosting@tthosting.ca

100mbit - low low pings - Sun Servers - 2 ghz Linux machines running 2 gb of Ram per box.. Enquiries please email me

All I am waiting for is the binaries.

hosting@tthosting.ca

I will also host clan forums for a reasonable price.. my uptime and customer support is unparrallel considering I eat sleep and breathe the internet..

PHP/MySQL Support

TThosting Runs 2 ghz Sun Linux Servers With 2 GB Ram on 100mbit connections - For Game Server and clan hosting Please email hosting@tthosting.ca

Apache/1.3.20 Sun Cobalt (Unix) mod_jk mod_ssl/2.8.4 OpenSSL/0.9.6 PHP/4.3.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_perl/1.26

I will be taking orders for SWB as well. AIM me at GotGameServers if your interested - I havent added swb to the order list yet.

Will be $5 per slot up to 32 players.

Anything more than that and you might as well rent a dedicated server from me and put however many slots you want on, heck put 2 or 3 16 slot servers on there if you want.

p4 2.8ghz 1mb cache - 800mhz fsb - SATA HDD's - 1gb pc3200

$130 per month

Originally posted by ECGN|MMmmGood

So people are hosting them without any admin functionality at all?

Sounds like they are out to make an easy buck more than anything.

I don't think you have a remote understanding of how the hosting business works. Do hosting companies decide which players to kick or remotely change to a specific map on whim? No, that's what the people renting the servers do. If you want to blame someone for not providing rcon/admin then you should not be looking to the server companies, which are just fulfilling needs but at the software developer. I'm pestered constatly by people that know there is no rcon but still want a server. Unfortunately most of these people wanting servers can't be helped due to the broadcast on 0.0.0.0 "oversight".

The hosting companies have to spend time setting up the servers (costs) and in fact this game is more expensive to some hosters as there is no rcon quit type of command and less to customize, so hosters get bugged more to help with changes and customers need a lot of hand holding when they think something is up with their server but in fact it's their client or the game itself. In that kind of support, this game seems to need about twice the average amount of handholding. Then we look at CPU useage and bandwidth for other costs. The bandwidth here for a 16 slot server should be around 512mbps according to the read me but I've not had anything decent for less than 1mbps. That's one expensive server for us to host. Add in the hand holding too and the constant tweaking we get asked about and your idea of a fast buck is simply ludicrous.

Battlefront Blitzkrieg (A multi-clan war)

Due to the lack of multi-clan wars (not including team battles and ladders), my group, Ghost Legion, has decided to host its own Battlefront war using the services of BSC (http://www.battlestats.com).

A scoring system and a match-finding system has been worked out, which you can see in the rules page located to the left side.

The war starts 8th of October. No groups may join after 10th of October, at 1am.

Please, sign your clan up at battlestats if it is not already, and participate in the festivities. The more clans the more fun we all have.

Hello all

We @ BattleArenas are proud to announce that we will be running a ladder and league on launch aswell as currently developing an anticheat which is close to release.

We have seen the growth in the Star Wars Battlefront and will totally support it in any way we can. At this moment BattleArenas is close to beta testing stage and we are looking forward to release.

You can watch the development aswell as put forward what you would like to see in a league you want to play in, in our forum @

http://www.BattleArenas.com

Originally posted by Jetstream

I don't think you have a remote understanding of how the hosting business works. Do hosting companies decide which players to kick or remotely change to a specific map on whim? No, that's what the people renting the servers do. If you want to blame someone for not providing rcon/admin then you should not be looking to the server companies, which are just fulfilling needs but at the software developer. I'm pestered constatly by people that know there is no rcon but still want a server. Unfortunately most of these people wanting servers can't be helped due to the broadcast on 0.0.0.0 "oversight".

The hosting companies have to spend time setting up the servers (costs) and in fact this game is more expensive to some hosters as there is no rcon quit type of command and less to customize, so hosters get bugged more to help with changes and customers need a lot of hand holding when they think something is up with their server but in fact it's their client or the game itself. In that kind of support, this game seems to need about twice the average amount of handholding. Then we look at CPU useage and bandwidth for other costs. The bandwidth here for a 16 slot server should be around 512mbps according to the read me but I've not had anything decent for less than 1mbps. That's one expensive server for us to host. Add in the hand holding too and the constant tweaking we get asked about and your idea of a fast buck is simply ludicrous.

Dont talk to me like i'm new to the business, i'm sure i've been renting game servers ( not to mention dedicated/colo ) much longer than you have.

You mentioned the exact points as to why we arent going to rent them, as well as many other providers. If you want to spend all that time hand holding customers and making sure they dont mess it up, thats your call. We use our own custom coded webpanel that has variables in the .ini files and lets them change everything without having to worry about messing something up. No hand holding necessary.

The bandwidth for this game is actually pretty light comparitively to other games with vehicles ( at least for us, we get very good bandwidth rates because we have high commits ). CPU is also very low.

That's not why we dont host it. We dont host it because of the high support cost and low-profitibility. The game simply wont scale if you have 100 customers renting servers and they are ALL asking how to change their server name.

I totally agree with Mr. Good.

I certainly hope all companies renting SWBF servers at this point are giving their customers full disclosure as to the limitations of the product they are buying.

Personally I think its like selling people cars and not giving them keys. Until there is a real server manager and remote control it is futile to rent a server for public use (i could somewhat understand renting a private server since you dont have to worry about kicking your friends)

Yeah i tell them up front theres no admin tool. lol

My main thing is im being screwed because i dont want to bother with windows boxes.

There should be a class action lawsuit against lucasarts (whoever) for favoring windows hosting companies and not parallel developing a linux server along with the windows server for release.

When a new game like this comes out companies such as myself and others look to the extra attention it brings with it to get some new customers. As my other thread brought out in the vote there was a 3:1 ratio of linux vs windows GSP's (well 3 to 1 favored linux vs windows).

Im still waiting but i think this is going to go the way of the dodo along with the other co's that wont release linux servers for their games.

Archived