Home

PC Dedicated Files do NOT work

jasa-chosen

The documentation is rather feeble. When I start the server, it just crashes every time. Also, what are the parameters to start as a service, and how about multihoming?

Here is my INI

[sYSTEM]

APP_CHECK_TIME=10

[sESSION1]

APP_FILENAME=battlefront.exe

APP_WORKING_DIR=C:\MASTER HOSTING\Lucas\SWBF

APP_COMMAND_LINE_BASIC=/win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound

SESSION_NAME=EPGLoadServer

MAX_PLAYERS=32

START_PLAYERS=3

AI_UNITS=0

HEROES=1

TEAM_DAMAGE=1

SHOW_PLAYER_NAME=1

TEAM_SELECT=0

AI_DIFFICULTY=1

RANDOM_ORDER=0

BAND_WIDTH=6

LAN=0

AUTO_RESTART=0

MAPS=bes1a bes2a end1a hot1i kas1i kas1i nab1i nab2a bes1r bes2r geo1r kam1c kas1c nab1c nab2c tat2r

Originally posted by Nathaniel_EPGS

I am having the same problem, the server has very weak documentation.

(sigh) the Ps2 one works but not the PC!! [/quote/

SOme of my mates down here in Australia have downloaded the software intended for use with the pS2. They have not been able to get it to work.. What have you done to get it to work on your system (what ports have you opened etc).

Thanks,

Red_Six

PS - not much time to go until release for you guys in the USA. If you get online and see a player named Jek PORKINS, that's me and you better watch out cause I'll be blastin!!! :D

Originally posted by jasa-chosen

Anyone else having problems getting this server program to make the server? I config it and it will not output to a new dos window. Will the servers not run till it hits midnight? And my server has 12 ips so i dunno if that is a problem? Any way to set the ip you want it to run on?

Nope. You don't choose your ip. How can you have 12 IPs? Anyways, if you know the gamepart and want to forward it to your router, pm me. your ip can be found on http://www.whatismyip.com

Originally posted by Nathaniel_EPGS

TO FIX THE PROBLEM WITH PC YOU MUST INSTALL DX9 ON YOUR REMOTE SERVER!!!

There is no rendering happening, but whatever.

Wanted to bump this for some other admins to find.

DirectX on a server? PLEASE! But it at least started.

Now to figure out why the clients all complain that its full or something when trying to connect....

Archived