Home

Lame, Complaining Newbs on the Board

DieStarWarsGeek

Originally posted by Decepticon

im taking back my copy if a patch isnt out in a week and im buying warhammer dawn of war. in the mean time i will be downloading the starwars mod galactic conquest for bf1942, which is pretty much the same thing swb tried to pull off except gc is ten times better with 50 vehicles and space maps(deathstar!!!) and the advantage of being on the battlefield1942 engine. oh did i mention it was free too?

ps....the name galactic conquest was unoriginally borrowed from the starwars mod created by prolific games and put into swb.

is this an honourable mention to the mod or just a big kick in the nuts for the modteam at prolific games?

You decide!!!

and yes i may be a complaining newb but i am in no means lame, unlike this game.

Get a refund, then buy yourself a life ! :crybaby::violin: :violin: :violin::crybaby:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by FpS_Vandal

And BF1942 sucks. :atat:

C'mon now... now, you're gettin a little ridiculous, kid... When a game captivates hundreds of thousands of gamers worldwide, it really must not be that bad, huh?

Going strong in what, 3+ years now?

I'm enjoying SWBF right now, its a change of pace from BF42 and BFV and just with these games, I have my gripes with SWBF. But I'll remain patient and see what a few patches bring.

Like I said you may be right but remember 30fps is fluid motion and I remain firm that I have no slowdown in multiplayer.

The game chooser needs to be better though.

And BF1942 sucks. :atat:

30 FPS is not smooth, whether you are bothered by such a dramaticly poor framerate. Games that are far, far, far more advanced run at averages well over double that and the game experience differance is quite noticable to any veteran of FPS games.

BTW, before you make your self look stupid 30 FPS is not necessarily fluid motion. You are confusing computer games with TV and DVD/movies which use motion blur to create the illusion of fluidity at low FPS (26 FPS I believe). TV and DVDs/movies show each frame projected on top of the previous frame which allows for a clear and fluid picture even at low FPS, games draw each frame independently so framerates below 60 or 70 are easily discernable as choppy and flickery.

The correct term is n00b.

Wait for the patches.

Also, maybe a lesson learned for everyone. If a software company is not willing or able to release a demo before the game is available-------and you buy it sight unseen--------you might just get screwed.

Not saying that I got screwed buying this game, but I have been in the past. Just be patient and wait for the patches.

1) 30 is fluid motion, there is no frame skipping. 60 is smoother and anything above that is not noticeable by human eyes.

2) I was joking about BF1942. It's obviously a good game, people enjoy it. I don't, I never got into the game, nor its popular mods. (DC for example.)

3) I've been playing FPS games since Doom, over 10 years ago. But thanks for assuming I'm new to the genere and calling me stupid.

Considering that I don't own a copy of SW:BF (computer can't handle it, I have no consoles . . . :confused: ), a statement of opinion of the game is out of scope. I can at least say one definite idea, something that I gravely learned from Jedi Outcast:

Don't have full confidence in patches to improve the errors. They might create others.

the reason for my recent joining of this forum is simple, SW:Battlefront is so buggy that I needed a troubleshooting forum to help fix my problems. THis is the only forum that I found that exclusivly deals with SW:BF (the lucasarts forum was of no use) I didn't come here to trash the game. I'm sure i am not the only one who joined up for that reason either. So I guess one can argue the fact that if the game wasn't so buggy, perhaps there would be less "newbies" joining. (BTW "newbies" is so last decade).

Yes I know there will be patches soon. I have full faith in that. But i would like to attempt to resolve the several bugs and issues that I have with this game now.

True I am disapointed with the game, but I remain optimistic. As of right now my opinion is that this game is average to good. I am looking forward to the patches because I know once the many many issues have been taken care of, I am sure the game will be a good to awesome game!!!

Anyway my point is that some of us on here who have complaints are warranted. Hopefully said complaints will lead to patches which will fix our problems and silence the complaints. After all it is the squeaky that will get the greasing!

1) 30 is fluid motion, there is no frame skipping. 60 is smoother and anything above that is not noticeable by human eyes.

i am really containing myself trying not to get angry. 30fps is not fluid motion, idiot!!! anything less than 70- 80 fps is noticable with my eyes. especially in sections with lots of troops. heck even the 60fps lock in doom3 is noticeable.

Originally posted by SITH_ShadowCat

My FPS seems smooth, 30 and above. If I knew how to check FPS I'd know for sure. I haven't run into a problem on the net where I sayed the framerate was weak.

I love morons who make statements like this in which they decalre something impossible as true because they are so uneducated on the subject that they can't even lie with believable accuracy.

The game will not render more than 30 FPS in MP.

2) I was joking about BF1942. It's obviously a good game, people enjoy it. I don't, I never got into the game, nor its popular mods. (DC for example.)

3) I've been playing FPS games since Doom, over 10 years ago. But thanks for assuming I'm new to the genere and calling me stupid.

http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html (just one explination, try to find someone to read it to you)

Your words show you to be stupid. 30 FPs in computer games is not seemlessly smooth because of what I mentioned above. As for what the human eye can detect we just don't see things in frames so there is actually no limit. In PC terms though well over 100 FPS is detectable by nearly anyone.

Just why do you think all this hardware is out there if 30 FPS was acceptable framerate?

Originally posted by Steelhed

What, You Don't even own the game and you're bashing someone who already does for their opinion, WHAT A MORON... See it's cheap shot artist like "DieStarwarsGeek" That will be the first one to cry when he has a problem with the game.. Most of these Bashers like this idiot are hypocrates, I see it day in and Day Out, And with no remorse cause on these boards you do not have a face, and so these pimply faced geeks exert the only power they have in the world by bashing others online here.... I hope that Guy Gets The "KeyEntry.exe" Error, I wanna see him come here and whine about it..

Uh, I said I owned it.

I'm not bashing, I'm defending. Seems like you enjoy doing it, however, calling me cheap shot artist, moron, idiot, hypocrate(it's spelled hypocrite btw), pimply-faced geek.. Geeze.

Who's the Basher hiding behind a faceless screen name again?

And I have expressed my concerns about the game also.

For people who don't know, Game companies are businesses. Businesses have deadlines. This was one of the most rushed games I've waited for, but the flaws in it are small in comparison to others. People with no realist view bash this game. Opinions are welcome, whining is not.

Originally posted by AgtSmith

I love morons who make statements like this in which they decalre something impossible as true because they are so uneducated on the subject that they can't even lie with believable accuracy.

The game will not render more than 30 FPS in MP.

Boy do I love troll noobs. :rolleyes: Now they intened to defened there satus by flaming all the fourm memebers who have stuck with this game for a long time. Fine, have it your way my dear king, it runs at 30 FPS, happy now? You have done nothing but bash people about the stupid FPS. How 'bout this, who cares? Maybe you, but that doesn't mean everyone else in here does. Get off your high horse and smell the roses.

Originally posted by Decepticon

that article wouldnt make sense to the droves of 14 year olds coming in here saying 30 fps is smooth.

Ironic that you ARE 14, as ironic as everything about this crap filled topic. I'm with you DieStarWarsGeek, all the way.

First post here :)

Can you blame people for wanting to vent? The issues are kinda harsh. Yea, it seems to go with the territory for new PC games, but it really shouldn't and it hurts the whole industry when a highly anticipated class A game is released in this kind of state.

Look on the bright side, the venting is more or less the worst it's going to get and will chill out over time. If the game didn't have so many issues, you'd see a forum full of totally happy people going off on how great it is, like I've seen on forums for games that aren't released with big hiccups.

Unfortunately, that is not the case.

Hopefully the patches will come and the game will shine and the tarnished beginning will be forgotten and when that happens the hapiness on the forums will be that much better given the bumpy ride.

As it stands though, the issues are bad enough that people need to be able to vent and others should be warned perhaps to not buy the game until the problems are resolved.

Yea, a lot of them are all venting the same thing, but if it were 50 people going on and on about how great the game was, would you have a problem with the redundancy there?

Thanks for the article, seems I was mistaken. Learn something new everyday.

What I don't appreciate is the attitude and tone you've taken with me for no reason. I didn't say anything inflamitory, nor did I insult you, I posted what was withtin the realms of my own knowlege, which was flawed.

Yet you call me immature "14 year olds who come in here" blah blah. Take a look in the mirror, bub. You're the one flaming me just because I've read a bit less than you.

I maintain that I can't notice the diffrence, perhaps its because for 4 years I was playing on a terrible machine that routinley got less than 20 FPS on the Half-Life engine, so Battlefront running 30 looks fine on my new hardware.

Forgive my inexperience, but I wish you'd be a little more tolerant of the shortcomings of others, and a little less harsh and abrasive, it makes you look dumb, when you obviously aren't.

Boy do I love troll noobs. :rolleyes: Now they intened to defened there satus by flaming all the fourm memebers who have stuck with this game for a long time. Fine, have it your way my dear king, it runs at 30 FPS, happy now? You have done nothing but bash people about the stupid FPS. How 'bout this, who cares? Maybe you, but that doesn't mean everyone else in here does. Get off your high horse and smell the roses.

Ironic that you ARE 14, as ironic as everything about this crap filled topic. I'm with you DieStarWarsGeek, all the way.

hey why are u being a smacktard, especially to poor AgtSmith? he is sick of idiots and im sure he is sick of you. plus im 24, not 14. thats 10 more years on your sorry ass. though you are probably alot odler and therefore should be more ashamed. why dont you stop trolling and give up. i feel sorry for you and your kind who have been supporting this game for so long when it wasnt even released. you shouldve known better.

"14 year olds who come in here" blah blah. Take a look in the mirror, bub. You're the one flaming me just because I've read a bit less than you.

hey sorry for the generalisation on 14 year olds and 30fps. i feel sorry youve been playing halflife at 20 fps, what machine was that one, a 486?

Boy, this topic gets better by each post. I hope the mods close this because the topic has can through hell. The reason I'm picking on poor AgtSmith is because he's being exeremely rude to everyone including me, and there is nothing right in that. I won't resond to the rest of your post about me Decepticon, because frankly it speaks for itself.

The reason I'm picking on poor AgtSmith is because he's being exeremely rude to everyone including me, and there is nothing right in that. I won't resond to the rest of your post about me Decepticon, because frankly it speaks for itself.

well thats no reason to pick on anyone, just because you feel they are rude, doesnt give u the right to be batman and start throwing battarangs about!!! now AgtSmith obviously has a brain, and also has anger issues like alot of us. but where does this end huh? when will we all just turn off our lightsabers and chill? what ever happend to turning blaster to stun. no need to be a nasty dude.

Archived