Home

Dedicated Servers Thread

[RNGD]Tyrant

Ok I found all the ports needed for gamespy located at http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/firewalls.shtml

I opened up all the ports including the port needed for the game itself and I still can't see the server listed. I then completely turned the firewall off and am now wide open to the internet with no security and no restrictions and I still can't see my server in the list. Has anyone been able to get the dedicated server files from gamespy to work? If so could you explain how you got it to work. Thx.

EDIT: Ok I just tried direct connection to the ip address my server is running on and I could not connect. I know there's nothing wrong with the internet connection on this server. I use and have used this server for other connections and currently use ventrilo with no problems. I have to conclude at this point that there must be something wrong with the battelfront dedicated server files downloaded from gamespy. Oh and I can also ping my server from a remote location.

Originally posted by Vader523

Im downloading the PS2 one now. Sucsk for XBoxers lol, but when I get the game tomorrow I will host a game from my PC. Nice find, thank you so much!

Just wait for the first guys cheating on the PS2 and the PC servers. After that you will wish to have a Xbox...

Greetings from Germany

RealRauch

I guess we can't post our own topics in this forum. That might help to keep things more organized rather than trying to wade through this thread to find specific items later.

I'm looking for the complete list of incoming TCP and UDP ports necessary for this game server. I'm also looking for the complete list of parameters to run it from a command line. Anyone have any insight on these things?

Well I have the dedicated PC server installed and running. I have a few issues. Can't seem to connect to it directly by IP address but works fine if I find it on the list of servers?

Anyone know whats going on with this. I do have multiple IP addresses bound to this PC is it using one at random? I only tried the main IP address guess I will try the others.

Just read there are no Admin controls besides what I see :( thats going to suck big time if I can't change settings.

Well good luck to all running a server see you in the game.

Well, This has to be the most unconfigurable server I have ever worked with...

I have gone through all the ports and can not even see my Battlefront server on the list.

I have three other servers running without any issues;

Jedi Knight II : JO

UT2004: DM and ONS

All running on linux boxes.

I will try again tonight when i get home, but right now i very disappointed in Lucas Arts, all the Hype with a fizzel when released. Also dilike the idea they got involved with gamespy, just another big brother looking over me and my servers.

[iLB]Pebbles

http://www.bedrock-jk.net

Originally posted by Alf

HI everybody,

i've tried to run the PC dedicated server. I've chosen the options i want and the clicked on start.

The console window pops up and the it gives me a windows error (Error in Application) and the closes.

Any hints?

Greetings

Alf

Strange but true...Do you have DirectX 9c installed on that system? It is required for the dedicated server to run.

Originally posted by ForcedRegIsLame

Strange but true...Do you have DirectX 9c installed on that system? It is required for the dedicated server to run.

Yes i have and also installed WIndows XP Servicepack 2, the newest Chipset-Drivers and the most recent Graphic- Card drivers...

Specs:

Athlon XP 2800+

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

512 MB RAM

Greetings

Alf

Originally posted by kailaurius

Ok I just tried direct connection to the ip address my server is running on and I could not connect. I know there's nothing wrong with the internet connection on this server.

A buddy and I spent a couple hours yesterday testing the different connection options and we were unable to connect to any server using Direct Connect unless it was created as a Direct Connect server.

So, nasty comments about why the developer(s) thought this was a good idea aside, the question remains - how do you start a dedicated, Direct Connect server (or connect directly to a LAN server without going through GS)?

(I currently run BF servers in LAN mode so they aren't advertised - with ports open/forwarded people have no problem connecting directly)

woof

I just bought three copies of this game for PS2, one for me, one for my brother, and one for my girlfriend so that we could all play together. And I'm incredibly disapointed. The game says 16 players over broadband, we're only able to join servers with a max of 6 people. It takes a long time to load server lists, and we ususally don't even get the same games in the list. And now that I find a file to run a dedicated server from my computer, I have to wait for it to download of off fileplanet. Why couldn't this be available off the official website? Why do they have to make it so difficult to play the games I just spent 150$ to play? SOCOM II has server lists that work and allow people to play without the frustration of trying server after server, and then being told "Session is full" when it obviously isn't. I love this game, we've been playing the spiltscreen non-stop, but I wish the online play would work as well as they brag it will when they talk to magazines etc.

Basically: Why can't I play my game?

Why are there so many people who post about the problems they are having; but noone who has the PS2 pc ded server working is giving any ideas on how to help others get running?

If anyone has any thoughts they would be appreciated.

I can start and play in a lan-based game so the server app is running correctly. I just cant get it to the net so that it is visible on the session list.

Running XP pro sp1a, behind a netgear router. I have forwarded all the ports I have seen listed and still no joy.

Pc firewall is Norton so it created permissions for the program automatically.

Next, I intend to try Pc right to the modem to see if its the router.

If anyone can help, I thank you in advance.

ALU -

I know what you mean

The pandemic coders have hardcoded the Window Size and it cant be tweaked

I'm running 1280x1024

and still cant see the whole thing :mad:

Weak

Anyway

I'm trying a batch file with all the command line options to see if that works

If I get it working I'll post my batch file on this forum

(If pandemic is reading this - I'll donate my copy of JK2 to them so they can dl the linux binaries and get a vague feel for what a PC version dedicated server should at minimum look and feel like :cool: )

Best of luck all

Archived