Home

How In The Hell Does This Get Passed Quality Control????

Steelhed

"KeyEntry.exe Has Generated Errors and Will Be Closed By Windows" "You will need to restart the Program.." This Is PC Version and I've tried it on tow different computers and the same thing happens.. You cannot even load the game... Pure Incomptenece!!!!!! And No, There is Neither Anti-virus software or any copying material of the Sort.. One PC's Spec

P4 2.4GHz

9800Pro

Win2k

%12 RAM

2nd PC

P1.6GHz

9600Xt

256 RAM

Win2k

I am haveing problems too. What happening with me is after I install the game and try to run it the system tray box that appers when something is runing does apper. Plus one more box also. it has the icon of the game on it to but it says FATAL. then it does nothing and says system not responding. I have the game working on my desk top that is real old. but my laptop thats some what new is the one giving me probs. Also on both pc's it some what messed up in loading where when it asked for the 3rd disk it also said some error and asked for the first disk. I have got the game to load ok since then, but cant get the laptop one to work. I called lucas and they said to download the new drivers for the vidieo card. I did that and still nothing. I have a DELL Inspiron 8200 with 512 and a geforce 4 440 go graphics card. Any help would be great.

I have the same problem with KeyEntry.exe crashing on the install game screen, can't get passed it. I have DirectX 9.C installed, i've tried to contact lucasarts both email and phoning there techical help line....the phone number given on the website was out-of-date and didn't work either.

Glad I found this forum and i'm kinder glad its just not me who is having these problems even though we ALL deserve to be able to play this game after waiting so long and spending our hard earn cash.

Not sure why you all are having this problem. Part of my job it to test systems and I haven't seen this. I installed the game on 16 systems with 95% identical configs, mem, hdd, cpu, and board revision differences. All have 9800 pro's, 512mb ran, 2.8 or 3.06 cpu on an 865 chipset board. 15 systems run fine so far system 16 crashes but after looking at the error I just went and found the movies directory and renamed it, it no longer crashes this system is an odd ball as it also won’t run Domm3.

I will be doing a lot more testing over the next few days. As for why this bug got passed QC I don’t know. A dev can’t test every possible configuration when it comes to pc’s. I for one have rarely ever run into any serious problems when it comes to games on any system I have ever had, perhaps I am just very good at building a high quality system. :p

Perhaps if everyone would post there config we could track down what the issue is.

I'm having the same Keyentry.exe problem! No more than 3 minutes into installation, i get kicked back to Desktop. I've tried installing Windows SP 2, turning off all processes, updating video drivers, and installing DirectX 9.0c...nothing. I'm runing the folling system:

Windows XP Pro

AMD 2400

1Gig of 2700DDR Ram

Radeon 9700 Pro

80Gig HD w/tons of free space

48x CD-RW Diskdrive

Please Help!!!!!

Archived