Home

Problems at end of install

Zombiehobo

I can get almost all of the game installed. It goes to the third disk then pauses while installing yav1.lvl and sits on it for a while. After a moment it pops up with an error message that reads.

Component Transer Error

Component: Game

File Group: Game Files

File: E:\GameData\data5.cab

Error: Incorrect function

I have made sure the cd is fully spinned down before I hit next from disk to disk and this is about the fourth time trying ot install. I have also made sure only this is running nothing else. My computer also is well within all the requirements. Any ideas?

Tried to install again and this time I got a slightly different error.

Component Transfer Error

File Group: Game Files

File: E:\GameData\data5.cab

Error: Data Error(cyclic redundancy check)

So the type of error is different but not the fact that it just makes me exit out. Every other game has worked fine for me as well, this is really the first oen ot give me trouble.

Here is my exact error, and what it says in the trouble.rtf file.

Component transfer error

FileGroup: GameFiles

File: D:\GameData\data5.cab

Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

In the troubleshooting section. trouble.rtf this is what it says.

"Component Transfer Error

You may see a Component Transfer Error message when installing the game. If this occurs, you may be attempting to install to a location such as your CD-ROM drive."

LOL, installing to my cd-rom drive is the last thing i'm doing. Wonderful help there. Apparently nobody bothers coming here. Figures.

I'm running Win2000. I have the latest DirectX installed, and re-installed from the SWB install disc 1. I have equal to or greater than all the recommended specs.

What OS's are you guys running? This might be a Win 2000 issue. Also I'm logged in as Adminstrator.

Due to the archaic statement in the trouble file, I'm copying all three discs to my hard drive and I'm going to install from my hard drive. In hopes of taking my cd-rom drive out of the equation. It probably won't work, but I'll let you know if it does. I'm up for anything at this point.

I have been looking around and alot more peolpe are having this probem too. It seens what i can get out of it is that the sent out a ton of bad #3 cds out and we need to get new ones. IT sucks but its better then finding out that we are no way of getting the thing fixed but just hope you don't pick up another one that is bad too.

Archived