Home

Rebel Pilot vs AT-AT??

THE jEDi-sLaYEr

Thanks for getting back and testing this out everyone. After many atempts myself...I agree it is not possible. Hope I didn't get to many excited, I just wanted to clear this up.

I haev however discovered how exciting and fun it is to be a pilot regardless of which side you're on (I like Imp and CIS pilots best, please forgive me rebs), but the rebel and republic pilots are fun also.

Only thing I hate is people don't take advatage of there classes. When I'm a pilot I like to stick with good players and destroy the enemies health and ammo droids while supplying my guys with health/ammo from my packs...then once we cap the spawn repair the droids we destroyed. Also, more people need to repair and use G to switch secondary weapons/abilities. Its fun to destroy things at the enemies spawn then rebuild once you take over (Mounted guns, etc). All classes have these little perks but I rarely see people use them.

The point of the whole hoth battle, that the rebels have a hard task at hand, to stop those atats coming in, rebels were getting f***** up, but they did get a few down, i dont mind a challenge :p, so i also dont mind if its towcable only, BUT the grapple hook would be a nice addition, but the atats would be too easily down, imagine a few pilots storming the 2 atats from the sides, those atats wouldnt stand a chance against them, only if they are continuesly guarded by atst's...

I have to disagree here -- I think the Rebels have an insane advantage on Hoth. Two snowspeeders with competent pilots/gunners can easily down the Imperial AT-AT's before they become anything close to a threat. There's really no imperial weapons capable of countering the snowspeeders -- except for a crafty imperial pilot to snatch a snowspeeder and shoot the rebels down.

If the Rebels use teamwork and fight decently they absolutely have a fair opportunity to win. Get two players in each Snowspeeder, troops on turrets and Pilots fixing the turrets, Vanguards destroying the AT-ST's, and snipers picking off incoming troops, and it's almost a guarenteed win.

I'm always imperial missile trooper. I can usually take down a Snowspeeder with a little assistance, even though the tracking of the missiles is garbage. Hard though. AT-ATs annihilate all the infantry, the Imp troops take the CPs, and the lack of much of an anti-infantry vehicle for the Rebels usually ensures victory. Usually my experiences :D

yeah, Hoth is pretty fun and the snowspeeders are nice, first time i ever used the snowspeeder with my friend when we were on ventrilo i was the cable guy and we took down 4 AT-AT's with one snowspeeder which was pretty fun, but the next time we only only got one, seemed like me friend lost his touch over night them gained it back at the end of the map :)

I've managed to win the Hoth battle as the rebels in single player in under 3 minutes once.

Started as a pilot and jumped straight into a snow speeder (AI on cable). Went straight off to pull down two AT-ATs (another speeder had the same idea). By the time I'd done that I found that we'd already captured the other empire command post so we won 20 seconds later! (AT-ATs are mobile command posts remember so you have to have them both out of the game to win this way)

I've also managed to take out a few snowspeeders with the main AT-AT guns but it's really hard and not very reliable. I'd definatly rather be holding a missile launcher for that task. Preferably behind the AT-AT ;-)

I have some tips to protect your AT-AT, apart from the obvious cover fire from AT-ST/Ground troops.

If you move as close to the mountain sides as possible, this makes flying round the legs hazardous. You can also walk both the AT-ATs in formation, with one slightly ahead of the other so that the snowspeeders collide with the other AT-ATs legs, of course this lessens the tactical benefits of 2 independant moving CPs, but can be effective in reducing (if not eliminating) AT-AT losses.

Archived