Home

Best Game Ever?!

-=DarkZero=-

unbelievable game...I'm right with you on the hyperventilating, but the network connections suck. How is it 100,000 people are playing tonight, and when i do an optimatch search it comes back with no games matching my search critiria. I've got everything on "any"!!. Only way i can play is with quick match. But when i do finally get in a game, and one that has no lag, i drool all over the floor and scream "kill those rebel scum"

IGN is reknowned for its horrible reviews. The guy that reviewed BF obviously played it for all of 15 minutes, and my guess is he doesnt like first person shooters to begin with.

Reading a bunch of player reviews is the only way to get a good take on a game. Too many of the review sites are getting their pockets padded by devs to give good reviews, and they just bash the games that wont pay them off.

IGN scored it TOO high. Do you folks play on just consoles???

Im not saying the game is bad...... its ok. Better than average. But Battlefield 1942 blows this game away. So far many PC players feel the same way. Im glad I bought SW:B, but I will be playing 1942 much more.

I feel the main problem with SW:B is a very poor power balance.

Also, the maps arent that great. They LOOK great.... but dont play great.

And this is just me talking here but I dont care for the computer controled bots (aka: AI). When I am online I want person againt person..... no BOTS please. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DEADLYSUSHI

IGN scored it TOO high. Do you folks play on just consoles???

Im not saying the game is bad...... its ok. Better than average. But Battlefield 1942 blows this game away. So far many PC players feel the same way. Im glad I bought SW:B, but I will be playing 1942 much more.

I feel the main problem with SW:B is a very poor power balance.

Also, the maps arent that great. They LOOK great.... but dont play great.

And this is just me talking here but I dont care for the computer controled bots (aka: AI). When I am online I want person againt person..... no BOTS please. :rolleyes:

Well too bad for you that you bought the version that is disliked the most (or should I say: loved the least) but you should try it on console sometime. The feeling is awesome

I like the concept, player models, environments and sound.

I dislike the vehicle controls, arcade feel and the size of the maps.

The vehicles seem like a real after thought, they move more like ships from Rogue squadron and less like fighters. I never knew speeders and hover tanks could strafe.

Its a great idea for a game don't misunderstand but the countryside maps feel like you're in an shoebox, very confined and unnatural. All the city maps play well but look at how few vehicles there are. They're pointless in the city and as an infantry game it plays well.

Maps like Dune sea and Geonosis feel like you're fighting in a snow globe. Without the modeled static rocks or mountains the terrain would be very flat and boring. Remove statics from BF1942 and you can still have an interesting terrain. I guess its differences in the engine is all.

I hope they fix the flight controls and make the fighters more useful. on maps like Dune sea the xwing is about useless.

Like the later Jedi knight series its a great deathmatch game but the vehicles even though they're there don't add to it.

I pray for a major patch.

Where's all the cool stuff they promised us just 4 months ago? The bothan, officer, booby traps and ability to make your own command posts or defense positions. If you've been waiting for this game for 6 months and tracked it you've seen major changes and not additive changes but rather them removing this and that.

Thanks for the new Star Wars arcade classic.

Boy am I glad I never picked up BF1942 (just played a demo), from what everyone else is saying it sounds like your BF1942 days are making this game come out worse. You loss really, I'm having a blast playing this game on and off line. The only grip I have is that there isn't much team work, but I'll give it more time. Just blasting people UT2004 style is fun. Best game ever? Maybe. Best Star Wars game? Definatly.

Absolutely NOT the best game ever. I am a huge SW fan and will buy just about any SW game out there but I am also a huge BF 1942 and BF Vietnam fan.

My first problem with the game (PC version) is the server selection screen. WTF is that all about. The servers jump around constantly and are always full of bots. Secondly it seems like there are a ton of oneshot kills in this game and to me personally it feels very unbalanced. Also the mission maps are very small.

It is a good game but I would hardly say it is the best. One thing that truly compromised this game was making console versions of it. Leave it a PC game only. This game needs some serious patching and server stability.

Personally (after only playing a little bit yesterday) I think it is indeed a great game if you are a Star Wars fan. I have never really liked BF1942 for the reason that I just don't care much for 'real' vehicles etc. The arcade action in SW:BF really fits the game well in my opinion. As for the bots, sure they suck, but sure do make the battlefield full. Don't forget about them screaming ewoks all over Endor as well. I am not sure if they actually help, but they get everyone fired up with their insane screaming :).

Basically a great game for FPS Star Wars fans in my opinion, not so great if you are really into the more realistic FPS like BF series, Counterstrike etc. (I always liked TFC tons better than CS to give you and idea).

Only major criticism I have is what someone else mentioned. Finding a friggin network game when all the servers are constantly flipping around. Then when you finally find one, which seems to be not full, but then magically is, you have to sit through the whole refreshing process again :/.

Surely there is another way of doing this, currently this truly pisses me off.

I think the game is great. Yes i have it on the PC and I still enjoy it. Yes it is in need of a patch. The server program is faulty it crashes alot. The menu's need work. Also some of the vehicle controls need work. Alot of people that have played BF:1942 complain about it because the controls are alot different. The game play is very loose. I dunno if a patch can make it tighter or not. But the other things i mentions a patch can fix because I seen them do it for JA. It all depends how much LA wants to support this game. I think they will patch it and be very active on the game. Why cause they invested alot of money in it. The developed a new engine and probably are planning on expansions. But overall I dont really see why people are saying the console version is better. The pc version is very fun and everyone says the main reason for getting the game is multiplayer. Well lets see here ps2 16 people and they have a dedicated server file. 16 people is not very fun on maps like these. X-box 24 people. Ok 12 on 12 alot better but no server programs so most of the servers will run of people connections so most of the servers will be 4, 8 or 12 man servers. PC 50 man servers with dedicated server program. Now were talking 25 on 25 fun, fun, fun. Who wants to play the game with bots? Most of the console people will end up playing with bots. Bash the pc version all u want but we will think of you when we are fragging with 49 other people. Once patches come out this game will be very fun to play. If they dont release patches it will still be playable but will probably become like the JA community. Anyway great game i say 8.5 out of 10.

Originally posted by ..The Squall..

Ok, tonight, I bought the trilogy, and the game, it took me 3 hours to find the game------>sold out everywhere, Anyway, it, frigging owns, who agree's, this game kicks so much ass it's so coooooool thats all i can say, I've been like hyperventalating for like 2 hours.

hyperventilation lol

Originally posted by ..The Squall..

Ok, tonight, I bought the trilogy, and the game, it took me 3 hours to find the game------>sold out everywhere, Anyway, it, frigging owns, who agree's, this game kicks so much ass it's so coooooool thats all i can say, I've been like hyperventalating for like 2 hours.

dp:eek:

I'm used to BF1942 as well and think SW:B is pretty good. Though the bots kept screwing me up while playing MP (I kept wondering "Who the eff is this WOOKIE guy and why does it seem that he keeps killing me???).

I thoroughly enjoy the Hoth and city maps. Naboo has to be the worst in my opinion. Anyhoo, this is still ten times better than Star Wars: Galaxies so I can't complain that much!

Archived