Home

Best Game Ever?!

-=DarkZero=-

Best game ever? No.

Fun game to play? Yes.

I think people were either expecting BF: 1942 with it's balanced gameplay with each side, which it really doesn't have. Or some sort of innovative product, which again, it's not. I have to admit, there are some flaws in both the MP and SP, but I'm still having fun playing, watching blaster shots fire, and being in a hurried mess when I realize that the AT-AT's are a bit to close for my liking.

And I'm using the PC version.

-The Grinman :D

Im also playing the PC version, and sure there are some balance and server issues.

People either didnt have 1942 the day it came out, or have very very short memories, because that game had terrible balance and stability issues until its first patch. Most games, particularly online games, do. There is simply no way to test a game to the extent that it will be tested once 10's of thousands of people get their hands on it and start playing.

Rest assured the few issues with SWB will be patched.

Originally posted by coax74

I'm used to BF1942 as well and think SW:B is pretty good. Though the bots kept screwing me up while playing MP (I kept wondering "Who the eff is this WOOKIE guy and why does it seem that he keeps killing me???).

I thoroughly enjoy the Hoth and city maps. Naboo has to be the worst in my opinion. Anyhoo, this is still ten times better than Star Wars: Galaxies so I can't complain that much!

i strongly agree with you.....the Naboo maps SUCK!

Well.... this game from a PC gamer ONLY standpoint is just not that great. If all you know is Console games then it has to be terrific. But there are SO many things missing from the PC vantage point.

Im NOT saying its not fun.... but I can tell it was made mainly for the console players in mind. I see this mainly in fine tuning controls.... and saving preferences. The folks that would understand this are the ones that play Battlefield 1942.

As far as the gameplay..... its OK..... I HATE... I said I HATE those damn bots! They ruin it for me. :(

The maps are far to small......

The vehicles react oddly and the flying ones WOULD be nice if we had larger maps! :mad:

The terrain is bland. In BF:1942 there is just more "stuff" to make it interesting.

The balance issue is also a big problem. But I feel that will be resolved quickly.... like BF:1942 with a few patches.

I hate to say this ESPECIALLY after spending $45 on it, but this was built as a console game.... and one that needs one BIG patch... and more maps that are larger. Plus a MUCH needed over-haul of the Server Selection Screen!!!!

Im sad. :( Someone hold me :p

Originally posted by DEADLYSUSHI

IGN scored it TOO high. Do you folks play on just consoles???

Im not saying the game is bad...... its ok. Better than average. But Battlefield 1942 blows this game away. So far many PC players feel the same way. Im glad I bought SW:B, but I will be playing 1942 much more.

I feel the main problem with SW:B is a very poor power balance.

Also, the maps arent that great. They LOOK great.... but dont play great.

And this is just me talking here but I dont care for the computer controled bots (aka: AI). When I am online I want person againt person..... no BOTS please. :rolleyes:

You hit it right on the head - the only people who will like, heck even tolerate, this game are people who only have played consoles before or just have no experience with modern FPS games (like BF, BF:V, FarCry, HL2, D3, JO, etc). This game would be great back in the days of Q2 or even Q3, maybe compared to UT2k4 - but compared to any title of merit released in the last two or three years it is a joke.

If you want a console game you can play on your PC then this is it.

Archived