Home

Star Wars Battlefront.

michael_collins

In the Battlefront-Forum they talk about the Dark Trooper a lot.

Many people think he should never be taken into the game.

I too don't think the idea is good:

Because it is not the REAL Dark Trooper.

He isn't 3 Meters high, heavy armored, can fly around and dos have the cool Assault Cannon.

of course some people can mod this... but it will destroy the balance of the game

Go to the official Battlegrounds website off of lucasarts.com. They have some screenshots of it in their gallery section as well as a prerendered model of it in the gameplay section.

From the looks of it, it appears to be a Phase 2 Dark Trooper. The description of it says that it's a cyborg, not a droid as they were in Dark Forces.

This opens a whole new can of worms for those of us who try to make sense of the Dark Trooper project in context of the games and other EU sources. Still, Battlefront seems like the type of game where you don't worry about the plot. Just charge right in and wreak some havoc as a Dark Trooper.;)

I still think its kinda cool that they're in there. Instead of making some "Jetpack super duper trooper" they dook the DT.

Also, the DT project WAS scrapped after Mohc's death, but several atteampts at making similar light versions of the DT (phase ii in particular) was made. You can find these in battlefront, galaxies, galactic battleground.

I think its cool :)

Originally posted by Kyral

In the Battlefront-Forum they talk about the Dark Trooper a lot.

Many people think he should never be taken into the game.

all lies ;)

When the dark trooper was announced (like in march orso) some people may have disliked it but now after release no one really cares i think, they just want to play the game and enjoy it rather than discussing units that should/shouldnt have been there

Gyah! Im sure the guy who did concept work for the original (someone chin was it?) must be cursing LA. The damn thing hasnt got the intimidating elegance the original had, I can still remember jumping outta my seat seeing the first one in the Ice station level all those years ago, ranks up there with my big star wars moments, the best being the mission in XWA where you jump in next to the SSD Executor and Emkay informs you that "Thats vaders ship".....god im gonna install that.

• 2 weeks later...

SWBF has a fat gray stormtrooper with a weak Jetpack (more akin to Force Jump than an actual flight ability). His "cannon" is just an E-11 Blaster Rifle that fires a "shotgun" spread of blasts, and he carries some grenades.

Suffice to say it's nowhere close to the previously seen DT's. ; )

Agreed.

I was really disappointed with the fact that the "jetpack" was really just a jump-jet. However, I was at a small LAN this past weekend and found the Dark Trooper to be quite useful in certain circumstances.

But I am definitely looking forward to seeing Corto's work, as always! :D

:holosid:

• 2 weeks later...

In the Galactic Civil War campaign, the Dark Trooper shows up BEFORE the battle of Yavin, even though it wasn't created until AFTER.

Personally, I think the only reason the Dark Trooper is in game is because they think fans think it'll be cool and say, "oh, they have a Dark Trooper! I've gotta buy this game." Either that, or the designers never played the original Dark Forces and said, "Hey, the Dark Trooper sounds like a cool idea, let's put it in our game."

Archived