Home

The A.I.- Good or Bad

reltes

i have the game for ps2 and i can only play sp. so far the a.i. in this game is way more sophisticated then most games i've played like this.

examples-

snipers on bespin shooting down from the walkways.

as i got out of a gunship i turned and saw 2 clone pilots with fusion cutters fixing the ship.

droids literally swarming to the last command point on kashyyyk.

a.i. snowspeeders tying up at-at's (i still haven't done that yet!)

watching an at-st manuvering this way and that taking out the rebels who were running full out.

sure there are the occasional ships bumping in to things and whatever but no game is perfect.

post your good and bad a.i. stories here.

It's pretty damn good. While the AI for the heroes could use some improvement (they don't really attack each other, should seek single combat) and the game works on a "swarm" AI functionality, it's pretty good. Not necessarily smart but it does the job quite well. Spawn with a good mix of unit types and don't do anything particularly stupid.

:tied:

On the Xbox Demo, they have a terrible habbit of team killing, when they are piloting an AT-ST they can't help but blow you away.

Has that been sorted?

I'm sure its gonna be sweet on the main game, as I've played the full version and it was superb.

Can't wait to be my Droidika and roll into battle!

Playing the PC version and I started Historical Combat on hard off the bat cause I want to be challenged from the start. You may get some kills on them but their accuracy is unmatched. With a pistol, they can completely annihilate you. They also do a kick ass job taking CPs and defending them. Running into CPs trying to take it over has proved worthless on many occasions. The AI is also flexible and responds to every situation properly, never predictable. I kinda like SP better then MP right now because the AI is so fun to play, and actually end up smarter them some people on the net (letting there CP get captured by me while I stand there). Its not the AI you should worry about, its the intelligence of people on the net.

Originally posted by SITH_ShadowCat

Playing the PC version and I started Historical Combat on hard off the bat cause I want to be challenged from the start. You may get some kills on them but their accuracy is unmatched. With a pistol, they can completely annihilate you. They also do a kick ass job taking CPs and defending them. Running into CPs trying to take it over has proved worthless on many occasions. The AI is also flexible and responds to every situation properly, never predictable. I kinda like SP better then MP right now because the AI is so fun to play, and actually end up smarter them some people on the net (letting there CP get captured by me while I stand there). Its not the AI you should worry about, its the intelligence of people on the net.

well said. a firefight with an AI at close range isn't something you want.

it would be cool if you were able to select who you want to follow you or spread out. I thought that maybe someone could come up with a way to actually have a few teams within a team like team one or team two as in an rts. You would be able to select certain bots by holding down a key or button then dragging a box around those you want for a certain team. A mod idea perhaps? I think the AI is pretty good as well but i think if they actually went for the control points or guarded control points the AI would be excellent. That's really the only thing about the AI that annoys me is that in SP i have to capture all the control points.

Archived