Home

Admin Tool etc?

spinalsoup

Originally posted by spinalsoup

How about you guys at Lucasarts as quick as game-company-possible direct resources towards BlackBagOps to create an admin-tool for Battlecraft?

They have the know-how. You have a complete lack ;)

Would they listen to someone who doesn't even know the name of the game? ;)

they just need to release some tools. Even though i think it would have some good points, i dont dare to think about the bad things

Poor Jedi Academy, died so young

RE: BBO

not going to happen

Pandemic/LEC better release better admin hosting tools and player browser/joining patches this week, or I am afraid that admins and players will just get too frustrated and this game will die like previous LEC titles.

the irony is that that game was built to be multiplayer, and built to emulate a PC game (Battlfield)....get the PC MP game is the most frustrating and troulbed part of this game.

Hi I am a programmer and I have done some work in online games such as Loradon Online. http://loradon.com

If it helps any I have been programming a little enhancement for the current server.

Its a smaller and easy to use GUI but it allows you to run the server from the system tray, run as many sessions as you want, surpass limits such as player limits, bandwidth limits and several others, and it makes the server less bulky, thus making it faster.

I also am working on cracking the current server to figure out how to drop players connections from the server which will be useful for banning/kicking. I will figure out how to do some other goodys too.

I dont know exactly when this will be released but I hope to have a beta released sometime next week.

So have some hope. Im pretty sure third party tools by other programmers are coming pretty soon.

Thanks but I will most likely release it open beta.

Right now I am packet spying one of my servers. I have it monitoring packets sent to the server and I am trying to gather as much information as I can. I want to figure out the join packets, get the name and IP of the player, and then get a little control. So if I want to kick them it will just block there IP and they will time out from the server. I can do a ban method too like this too. I have plans of making a pretty nice tool to do all this.

The remote admin tool for multiple admins is a great idea and I will consider it.

Originally posted by frayedends

I also saw a post by Kevin Lockett @ BBO on one of our mailing lists that said he wasn't interested in doing an admin tool for this game. I don't blame him, either.

I could be persuaded to put something together for SWBF. I am available for contract work from the middle of Nov to the end of Feb 2005 which is enough time with the right developer support. Feel free to pass this information on to Pandemic. My contact details are here.

Archived