Home

What's with the main menu?

Iceman_IX

There are lots of things to mention about this game both positive and negative. But one thing that struck me was the main menu. What's with the angles? I hate this clicking on [what is essentially a] parallelogram nonsense. There's lots of empty space on all the menus too. Music, classic StarWars good, but seems like they just thought they were being fancy for all the consolers and didn't think to make it easy to click on for us PC people.

I totally agree with this... the server browser is even worse. Seems like they just slapped this thing together before shipping. They could've done a better job with this, but I guess it wasn't a priority.

In any case, lets be thankful that the game itself is good.. really good.

Originally posted by sirgazzard

the server browser is crappier than a big bag of crap.

It needs to be fixed immediately.

Server browser isn't that bad. I've seen better, but its usable. If it works for now, then use it, until then look for a patch.

And I love the Main Menu, even if it has the console feel to. Everything looks great before the game even starts, very good first impression on Pandemics part IMO. The funky boxes aren't really that anoying. And what do you want the empty space to filled with?

Larger menus, more options, more visuals (background fmvs, stills of planets or characters). Maybe it's cause I'm running at 1280x? The angling is kind of cool but not very functional.

Other things that detract from the interface are that, after initial loading, sometimes I have to look at the blue boxes before my class model appears. Can't see name of planet or mission while "loading." Nothing big but it lacks polish. I get bored waiting for the loading to end (it has to load 3 times, atleast give me something to keep my attention).

Originally posted by sirgazzard

the server browser is crappier than a big bag of crap.

It needs to be fixed immediately.

Allow me to explain, last night several members of my clan wanted to jump into an empty server to have a run around, it took over an hour to all get together on one server, the way the the browser updates erratically is a pain, you click on the server you want and even before you have got the second click off, the thing is updating and you're joining the wrong server. Why no allowance for joining a server by typing in its ip address was included is beyond me (actually it makes it look like a direct port from a console).

You should also be able to click once on a server and not have it dissapear off the screen super quick, so you can see who's in it.

I'll post it when i get home.

But I agree, it DOES lack polish, it very much resembles a console menu, and the server browser is balls. I can't see who's playing? I can't join by IP? The stupid thing jitters and I don't know what is selected when? I can't tell it to stop updating so I can PICK A FREAKIN GAME WITHOUT IT SCROLLING OFF MY SCREEN!?

:jawa

Archived