Home

My ping is too high! Help me!!!

Darth_ToMeR

What color was the ping meter? May just be the server. Provide some other info... connection speed/type? Running anything in background (BT, Kazaa, mIRC)? Change the Online settings. Perhaps "Ticks per second" could help you if you lowered it. Increasing I believe would improve performance but take a toll on your system/connection.

Originally posted by Iceman_IX

What color was the ping meter? May just be the server. Provide some other info... connection speed/type? Running anything in background (BT, Kazaa, mIRC)? Change the Online settings. Perhaps "Ticks per second" could help you if you lowered it. Increasing I believe would improve performance but take a toll on your system/connection.

It was yellow, and other server was the yellow-green. i didn't run anything in the background. I have Cable 750KB. and what is ticks per second?

By the way thanks for the reply

Are you trying to connect to a specific server? I put up a server and can't even connect to it with SWBF. The server has 24 other players playing on it and I can't even see it in the browse list. The connection has to go through GameSpy, I believe THAT is where the problem lies... Could be a game killer if they don't fix it. Not much fun running a server if you can't even connect to it...

Stylz

tar Wars Battlefront

Discuss the combat title, Star Wars Battlefront. Please, only Battlefront related topics here.

Technical Help

Having problems running the game? Search through this board and feel free to ask away if you can't find your solution.

One is for help, other is for discussion.

Try joining an all-green server. Their concept of "green" ping definitely varies from what we're all used to. I joined all all-green server and my ping was 80-100. So yellow/yellow-green may be in the 200 range. It's a crappy server browser/network connectivity what can I say.

200 ping is not that bad... it's like good dialup. Probably just the server's fault. I have a T1 connection (university network) and my pings are in the 100 range. Your cable should cut it just gotta find the right server... which is overly hard to do right now.

I'm honestly not sure what Ticks Per Second is. Sounds like "command rate" from a few games I've played in the past but not sure. Probably adjusts overall performance. I'd play around with it. Haven't had the time to do so myself.

Sorry Alegis and thanks for the replies.

I'll try tomorrow join all green server, now i can't find any.

And what this gamespy does?

I know that more servers will be up in a few days, but do you think they'll be lag-free or at least playable?

I live in Israel so europe servers not the best on my PC, but in UT2004 i can play in european servers.

Archived