Home

SW:BF Gamespy Query Script

DNACowboy

Hey I took your query script and made it so it would out put to a web page so people could put up there server status if they want to. I have included you in all the documentation due to I beleive you were the one who wrote it. And if not and you know who did let me know so I can modify the docs.

The SWBF Server Status can be found at:

http://www.apocalypce.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3

I will be working on that. But I am finishing up with perl version first. I still have to get the maps to display small screen shots when you view the page. I should have that done this weekend and then I will start work on a .php version.

So hopefully within the next couple of weeks I should have it.

For all updates on SWBF Server Status script please see http://www.apocalypce.net. Sorry to keep putting this out there. But I have to take most of these post and post them on my own bbs.

Originally posted by avonnied

i'll look into it.. it really wouldn't be that tough.. the biggest hurdle is going to be getting the server list from gamespys master server....

as far as database design goes that is just a matter of not being lazy :-)

I think that it would be possible to generate some kind of stats for this but I am not sure how good they would be. Due to the server does not give info like in select(bf) where you have the detailed user info.

But I am sure that something can be made to meet the publics needs.

Hey avonnied drop me an email I would like to chat with you about this.

Originally posted by LoRdNaTaS

I think that it would be possible to generate some kind of stats for this but I am not sure how good they would be. Due to the server does not give info like in select(bf) where you have the detailed user info.

But I am sure that something can be made to meet the publics needs.

Hey avonnied drop me an email I would like to chat with you about this.

well there are two types of stats systems

1. select BF type for detailed stats of a single server (relying on FTP access to log files)

2. BF Tracks type for generals stats of all players (only relies on tracking public gamedata)

I think the 2nd type would be more possible since the current log files are pretty useless. There is a topscore file created, I guess a script could be made to post this to the web, but its not really usefull.

The current 'Leaderboard' is very lacking, the community needs a system like BFStats, BFTracks, or Gametrack.

Well due to the lack of data that you get from the servers and logs I am in the process of creating a basic stats system based off of the SWBF Server Status. It will show players names, Kill totals (kills per map), death totals (deaths per map), number of rounds played. But it will not be in alpha till this weekend.

I know that it is not what we all want but I think it will help for the time being. Or till LA gets a useful log that we can parse through.

This system will run on the SWBF Server Status perl script and write to a mysql db and will have a front end of either perl or php. I might release both. But I think for right now I will be working on the php front end.

yea i wouldn't rely to much on getting global stats from log files..

one thing i found when they released the BF42 server with XML logging that just how hard it was to get any logs from people..

i had actually generated a stat system for parsing these logs and its amazing how much info you get out of them..

to bad no one wants to use them.. for these type of stats to be fully adopted the game itself needs to self incorporate some sort of stat transfer.. UT uses NetStat (or at least it used to be called that) that worked very well.

http://www.bfradio.com/stats/index.cgi?file=ev_14567-20040208_2100.xml&round=4&match=2&def_file=BFRadio.defs

http://www.bfradio.com/stats/index.cgi?file=ev_14567-20040307_2023.xml&round=3&match=3&def_file=BFRadio.defs this is a DC stat log.

this is just an example of one rounds from BF42 that you can get out of the logs..

I hope you two are working together, sounds like you both have a good handle on this.

I wonder if LFN/Battlefront.net would host a global stats system...it seems a natural fit you should inquire.

...also you may want to post on the TWL forums since it seems they developers are paying attention to those forums and I am sure that there are quite a few things the next patch can address to improve both server status scripts and a global stats system.

...also you may want to post on the TWL forums since it seems they developers are paying attention to those forums

Ok maybe it is just me but shouldn't the devs pay attention to the board that they have a link to from their site?????

Anyways I will put a post up on TWL later tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

I have been working on a script for PHP but in my testing the connection just hangs. PHP finally times out but it does not retreive any info from the server. I have put that on the side for right now and am in the process of creating a stats system. I might get back to working in a week or so.

Archived