Home

***Blue Screen of Death***

TacoStain

I have reported this in Lucas Arts forums, sent it to technical help and still no response, also about 20 others have posted the same problem. I play 1 Round fine and then EXACTLY at the same time on my 2nd round it crashes. It doesnt matter which campaign or map is loading it is ALWAYS when it is loading a 2nd map, Right when it is showing the WORLD and starts to ZOOM in 2 where the battle will take place BAMMMM :BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH" hit power and reboot computer....grrrrrrr

Before anyone asks yes I installed the newest drivers for my VIDEO CARD and REINSTALLED 2 times and REINSTALLED the game 3 times and still same problem..

Anyone else who is having this problem please post here.

My PC Specs:

- Intel P4 2.6 GHZ

- Creative SB Live! Series (WDM)

- 1 gig SDRAM at 400 MHZ

- 128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 PRO

-80 GB Ultra ATA

- Windows XP Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

thanks,

Tacostain

Give service pack 2 a go I doubt it will be the magic bullet though.

Blue screens of death on windows xp are usually when something is wrong with the system. Something you could try is running "sfc /scannow" this will check your windows file integrity. Might need the XP cd as well.

More info on the system file checker: http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

I had that exact problem (with pretty much that exact same setup... Creative Live! and Radeon 9800 Pro, 3.0GHz P4 and 1GB RAM) with SP1 AND SP2, but I fixed it... for me, I set the sound mixer option to software, and everything works fine after that. Not a noticable difference for me either. Give that a try.

Archived