Home

Xbox or PC?

pat_thetic

PC = 50 man servers on dedicated computers

xbox = 24 man servers on peoples cable modem and dsl connections. Which will lag really bad.

Xbox = has better controls. Gameplay feels better

PC= controls feel loose but playable.

Also the pc version hopefully will be patched. But cant say for sure. I will not be like the other idiots on the forums flaming either one. I just pointed out the main points I thought you would be interested in.

XBox is easier to get along with, XBox LIVE games don't lag if you have even a decent conntection... unless this game is the most taxing game on your connection ever made and stands far apart from the rest... which I doubt. I haven't played either but I've heard the PC doesn't feel right... due to controls among other things. I also like XBox more, so it's really hard for people to tell you because it's all about preference. If you like better controls, XBox, if you like ****ty controls, but bigger human person games and better grpahics, PC. If your PC is good, I guess I actually suggest that... you'll just have to adapt to the controls.

They feel fine. Much better than trying to aim with one thumb, trying to stafe with another, and trying to jump with your third thumb...

PC controls require getting used to (you can't shoot while jumping and crouching is a toggle meaning when you press it you sit and there's a cooldown. When you press it again you stand up, again with a cooldown where you can't shoot) but they feel fine. Just put mouse sensitivity to whatever you prefer/grows on you.

If you've been playing FPS for years you should have no trouble. Very natural control. Logical. I too have been playing for a long time and I find nothing wrong with the controls. You don't slide, the shots are accurate (can shoot between someone's body and bent arm) jumping is good enough. Grenade throws go far enough and bounce properly. You can't super-fast switch between weapons, there is an adequate cool down for all weapon switching. It's a physics engine that matches the open-play feel of the game. Very nice.

Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR

PC for FPS. keyboard+mouse:rolleyes: .

I'll never understand this... First of all, I think the controller is fine on XBox. But, that aside, I can only agree with you on Mouse. I also play or have played quite a few FPS games on PC, but the keyboard is cumbersome and annoying. I would love for XBox to have a mouse, although I could care less either way. But a keyboard is just retarded. Another thing, one complaint I notice is referring to the mouse. Apparently, the aiming is too accurate and it's easy to kill things rapidly with the percise, quickness of the mouse. One of the reasons I am fine either with mouse or controller is that controllers move and aim more realistically. Controls have also been said to suck for vehicles on PC.

This eventually boils down to preference. If you don't like the keyboard then you obviously haven't played much Quake, Half-Life, Counterstrike or any other semi-competitive FPS environment. You play console FPS and that's your preference. So stick with it. But for someone who realizes how effective wasd is in precision of movement then that's better for them.

How is a controller more realistic? You have to move in discrete units in only one direction rather than smoothly with a mouse in true 360 degree range. Whatever. It's all preference. The debate is endless I've had it a million times over.

Apparently, the aiming is too accurate and it's easy to kill things rapidly with the percise, quickness of the mouse.

It's called being good :)

Archived