Home

Cursor drifts while in menus screen!!!!

LoQ

Does anyone else have this problem? While in all of the menu and configure screens, my cursor won't stop drifting until it gets to the top of the screen. Now I know it is joystick/rudder related. But I know it actually isn't my Joystick/rudders. When i unplug my joystick it still drifts. When I unplug my rudders it still drifts. The only way for me to stop this is by unpluging both. Which is something I DON'T want to do because I would like to use my joystick, etc in game.

I have calibrated both, too many times to count and still the same prob. They are perfectly calibrated and I DON'T have this problem in any other game! I have also gone out and downloaded the latest Saitek Joystick drivers.

I have a saitek X45 Joystick/throttle combo, and ch rudders. Both are USB.

Can anyone help me? This is very annoying and it makes it impossible to configure, join games, or navigate around in the menu screen.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!!!

I'm having the same type of problem, except that I don't have a joystick installed on my system. What type of mouse do you have? I'm using a Logitech Mx500.

I know it's not the Mouseware drivers, because I uninstalled them and used basic MS drivers, and it still had the drifting.

I'm gonna uninstall the Wingmen drivers I have and see if that fixes it.

-The Grinman :D

I have the Logitech MX700. Which is the cordless version of the 500. And I am running it through the PS/2 port. So it is suggested that I run it in the usb port? Interesting. Is this a common problem with logitech?

Anyway I will give it a shot when I get home. Hopefully it will work. Thanks for the help guys. If you all have any more suggestions, lpease keep them coming in case the PS/2 port thing ends up being a dead end!!!:cheers:

On the MX700 make sure you base unit for the wireless portion isn't near, your tower, monitor, or speakers. Just about anything can interfere with the signal sadly. I have the 700 as well. As far as I know the 700 only supports the PS/2 for the mouse(mine atleast) signal problems though can mess with it. Also the 700 is a lot more sensitive to surfaces and dust in the lense area than the 500 is.

My MX700 actually supports both PS/2 and USB via an adapter. Like I said earlier, when I have the joystick AND rudders unplugged the problem no longer exists. So the more I am thinking about it the less optimistic I am about the problem being with the PS2/USB port. But I will try anything!!!

I just got home and plugged my mouse into the USB port and no change. THe cursor still drifted to the top. Of course when I removed my perfectly calibrated joystick and rudders, the drifting stopped.

So my problem still exists. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Is there anyone else out using Saitek X45 Joystick/throttle combo? If so are you experiencing the same problem?

I'm getting the same thing here. I'm running a MS Wheel Mouse Optical plugged into the USB port. I run a CH Products joystick/throttle/rudder pedals but they are not currently plugged in.

It only seems to drift at the menus (Main, in-game options, etc) but not while in-game. I upgraded to the latest MS Intellimouse drivers dated 8/16/04. Nothing seems to fix it, and it's getting really frustrating trying to hit the menu choices while the dang cursor is sliding up and to the left. ;)

Guys, think I figured out a fix, at least for me. I didn't have my joystick plugged in, but still had the problem. I then went in on a lark and removed the joystick driver completely and I no longer have the issue. Of course, I can't play any of my flight sims now until I reinstall it ;) but it seemed to fix the issue. Try it and see what happens.

Unfortunatly it still doesn't change the fact that i would like to be able to use my joystick in the game but can't (Just like the game was designed). So my original problem still exists.

Being that my problem was slightly different than yours, I am glad that you are at least able to play now;)

One day I would like to be able to use my joystick for what it was designed for in this game

In the same boat LoQ...joystick plugged in or not (Saitek Evo), wheel plugged in or not (Logitech momo)....still get cursor drift

Not going to uninstall drivers for either to play this game, and reinstall to play every other game I have...

Newest drivers on both

I agree guys, it's unacceptable to me as well, I was just stating what I found when I did a little troubleshooting. As I do mostly flight sims, I'm not going to accept this as a fix either. It's a moot point as I bought this so my son and I could play a little LAN head to head, but I've yet to get the damn thing to even connect via the LAN, forget about online. What a disappointment this one's been... :(

Character Moving Without Input

------------------------------

Your mouse pointer and/or player character may move in the game

without any user input when you have a joystick on your system.

If this occurs, check the throttle on the controller to assure

that it is at the center position. You may also want to make

sure the game controller is set up properly in Windows. Please

check the troubleshooting guide for more information on

correcting this issue.

thanks but unfortunatly I already tried that a while back. This seems to be an issue that is exclusive to this game because I have never had this issue before.

Hopefully that solution will help others who have similar problems

Archived