Home

FN Admin MODs

Cosmos Jack

The one thing this game doesn't need is Admin functions.

The only thing Admins need is to turn of Friendly Fire to keep someone from laming their team mates.

This game doesn't need to be like Jedi Knight. Everyone standing around, chatting, and doing emotes. Anyone who tries to play gets kicked.

The only thing this game needs is better stability, bug fixes, and maybe a few more maps.:o

No way this is a competitive FPS game, whereas JK is not as competitive (it's too complicated and not streamlined enough nor is it based on a competitive framework where you have objectives and an end-goal). Because of this it needs controls. The admins will focus the gameplay on the competitive. No one is going to be sitting around in a BF server. Need to boot out people you don't like, control for clan games. Read the admin posts... there are some genuine concerns. Some admins can't even join their own servers! They fill up too fast and they can't boot anybody or reserve spots to get on.

On one side I agree with you. Admins can ruin games. If there's an admin on a CS server I will be kicked within 5 rounds for 1) cheating (I'm good enough and they don't like to die. Plus I wear headphones so I know where people are and it looks like I wallhack) 2) telling them that they are a typical admin (because they whine when they die) 3) some arbitrary rule (like no vent camping, nade spamming or AWPing of admins. But admin controls make games structured enough so that you and I can enjoy a game without being hassled and so can the admins. They need to be there to set round variables (whatever that might be in BF, like team balancing or team kill limits) kick abusers, kick cheaters (it will eventually happen), etc. Without admin controls no one will run a server or moderate a server and no one will be able to find a game.

With more admin controls admins will have more ability to make the game fun and modify gameplay (spawn tanks for the losing team, increasing spawn rate for vehicles, remove vehicles, increase spawn rate for reinforcements, change starting parameters, etc.). There's so much that can be done with gameplay at the moment to vary the experience. I see it getting boring eventually without more variation in maps/modes/gameplay. Starting at the same start location with the same goal on the same 10 maps that have the same opposing sides won't last forever.

Originally posted by Iceman_IX

JK is not as competitive (it's too complicated and not streamlined enough nor is it based on a competitive framework where you have objectives and an end-goal).

Easy in a.

FFA - you kill everyone and score more points.

CTF - you kill the other team and steal their flag.

END-GOAL you get more points and win the game.

What's complicated and unstreamlined. It's a perfectly good competitive game. The people suck!

"But admin controls make games structured enough so that you and I can enjoy a game without being hassled and so can the admins.

The only people that hassle are the Admins.

They need to be there to set round variables (whatever that might be in BF, like team balancing or team kill limits) kick abusers, kick cheaters

The only cheaters are the Admins.

Without admin controls no one will run a server or moderate a server and no one will be able to find a game.

With Admin controls no one will get on a server, play a game, or find a game.

With more admin controls admins will have more ability to make the game fun and modify gameplay (spawn tanks for the losing team, increasing spawn rate for vehicles, remove vehicles, increase spawn rate for reinforcements, change starting parameters, etc.). There's so much that can be done with gameplay at the moment to vary the experience.

So they can cheat?

I see it getting boring eventually without more variation in maps/modes/gameplay. Starting at the same start location with the same goal on the same 10 maps that have the same opposing sides won't last forever.

So make mods and maps not Admin Mods.

Have you played “Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory.” That was a really fun cheap game. I stooped playing it for awhile then came back to find nothing, but Admin mods. ½ the time I just get kicked for joining. The game sucks now all the servers run Admin hacks.

I have been LAMED more by Admins "just for playing the game" then I have ever been by a Cheater or Team Killer.

The basic commands of a server,

-kick, ban user ID

-maplist

-restart, change map

-enable/disable vote

-amount of players/bots

-max ping

of course for sw:bf some on/off commands (jedi) but nothing like slap, teleport and bonus commands etc, this should be fine. Even though now some of the basics aren't yet in it, i expect them to be.

Originally posted by Ny152

Jack maybe you shouldn't play a game like this if thats how you feel.

Tis the nature of the beast, and will never change at least not anytime soon.

Well the way I see it you buy a game you should be able to play the way it is meant to be played the fact this game doesn't have Admin cmds it the best thing in the world though I'm sure that will change. Nothing like getting vote kick for the largest score or banned for killing the Admin too many times.

Originally posted by Stryker412

So Jack,

Rampant TKing, basecamping, and racist language is fun for you?

Rampant TKing - Simple Turn TK off

Base camping? - Your not allowed to defend you base from capture. Here come the stupid made up rules. Like Snipers can't camp. That is what snipers do they don't run around they camp. I don't play one and it doesn't bother me to get shot by one. It doesn't bother me to die in a game at all you know why, because it's just a game. You should do whatever is in the ability of the game to win. That is legal or it wouldn't be there or it would be patched.

Racist Language - lol just shoot the guy every chance you get and move on. I've been called stupid, a Jew, and even the N word. I'm not that dumb, I'm not Jewish, and my mom was Native American. I really don't give a rats @ss what people say in a online game as long as I can play it. WOW if that bothers you maybe you should stay inside your house the real world can be alot more rude and in your face.

Admin mods really destroy the game play of the game. Impose rules that don't apply to the game and kick people for try to have fun more then they kick Lamers. the JK games and Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory are good examples of what happens with Admin mods. Alot more harm then good is done.

Originally posted by Alegis

The basic commands of a server,

-kick, ban user ID

-maplist

-restart, change map

-enable/disable vote

-amount of players/bots

-max ping

-maplist

-restart, change map

-enable/disable vote - not for kicking players

-amount of players/bots

-max ping

That is all you need. The only thing you need a kick and ban for is to kick people you really don't like. That happens more then kicking cheaters.

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

Well the way I see it you buy a game you should be able to play the way it is meant to be played the fact this game doesn't have Admin cmds it the best thing in the world though I'm sure that will change. Nothing like getting vote kick for the largest score or banned for killing the Admin too many times.

Rampant TKing - Simple Turn TK off

Base camping? - Your not allowed to defend you base from capture. Here come the stupid made up rules. Like Snipers can't camp. That is what snipers do they don't run around they camp. I don't play one and it doesn't bother me to get shot by one. It doesn't bother me to die in a game at all you know why, because it's just a game. You should do whatever is in the ability of the game to win. That is legal or it wouldn't be there or it would be patched.

Racist Language - lol just shoot the guy every chance you get and move on. I've been called stupid, a Jew, and even the N word. I'm not that dumb, I'm not Jewish, and my mom was Native American. I really don't give a rats @ss what people say in a online game as long as I can play it. WOW if that bothers you maybe you should stay inside your house the real world can be alot more rude and in your face.

Admin mods really destroy the game play of the game. Impose rules that don't apply to the game and kick people for try to have fun more then they kick Lamers. the JK games and Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory are good examples of what happens with Admin mods. Alot more harm then good is done.

Basecamping: I don't mean snipers, that's not camping. That's what they are and how their class is. I'm talking about people who sit in a tank/vehicle and continously hover near a base and kill anyone who spawns and has no intention of actually CAPPING the flag. If you're there doing that and take the flag, that's fine it's part of the game. However if you sit in an ATAT pounding a flag and not doing anything but trying to get your score up that's lame.

TK: So basically if we're on Hoth and there's a flag with both my teammates and rebels, I can blast the hell out of the flag killing all the rebels and leaving my team to take the flag? Sorry but that's just lame. With TK on you actually have to use skill.

Racist Lang: If you're a company hosting a server, you have an image to uphold. If you're server has that kind of talk on there then you'll get labled. Plus, there are kids who play the game and there's no reason to use that type of language.

I can't speak for other admins who flex their muscles for fun, but I know we don't. I've kicked for excessive TKing, racist/excessive language, and camping. I don't overuse my power, and we try to make a mature place for people to play.

I'm talking about people who sit in a tank/vehicle and continously hover near a base and kill anyone who spawns and has no intention of actually CAPPING the flag. If you're there doing that and take the flag, that's fine it's part of the game. However if you sit in an ATAT pounding a flag and not doing anything but trying to get your score up that's lame.

So it's left up to the interpretation of a God like Admin like you if a Player is doing that. Maybe they are giving fire support tell a teammate arrives to take the flag. If I'm on a battlefield in a tank, with no team around, and the enemy keeps running out of a hole in the ground rest assured I'm staying in the tank.

TK: So basically if we're on Hoth and there's a flag with both my teammates and rebels, I can blast the hell out of the flag killing all the rebels and leaving my team to take the flag? Sorry but that's just lame. With TK on you actually have to use skill.

TK would be ok if Teammates didn't randomly run in front of you get shot and cry. Then it's back to the God like Admin to figure out what to do. Kick the player or kick him not ...... Kick him. Seems both parts have situational awareness problems. Maybe you should kick both to be fare. Oh but wait he is your clanner buddy and if he says "kick so and so" you better believe you will. I like watching for the same guy get TKed all the time then cry and get several people kicked.

Racist Lang: If you're a company hosting a server, you have an image to uphold. If you're server has that kind of talk on there then you'll get labled. Plus, there are kids who play the game and there's no reason to use that type of language.

Notihng really to say to that other then LOL.

I can't speak for other admins who flex their muscles for fun, but I know we don't. I've kicked for excessive TKing, racist/excessive language, and camping. I don't overuse my power, and we try to make a mature place for people to play.

1 or 2 TK isn't excessive, Ignore language, and Fire support isn't camping.

I'm so goddamn sick of this "ADMINS SUCK" BS. I own and opereate several servers for other games, and its exactly this attitude that makes the "typical admin" ban the "typical dickwad". It's not about kicking people for 'cheating' thats what anti-cheat is for. Any admin who kicks/bans for cheating (unless completley obvious or admitted) is a whining kid who has his daddy's credit card number memorized.

EVEN IF you think the admin is 'unfair' ect, we PAY for our servers ok? you come into my server, its like coming into my home. You'd better respect my home, or I'll toss you out. My rules are valid and simple. No tk, no shooting in spawn (day of defeat rule), and have respect for one another. If you don't act like a cockbite, we're all fine. But let's say one day I wanted to ban everybody who's name had a Q in it because I decide:

"Hey, **** Qs. I think Qs suck."

And you come on with the name Queen Queer Pants. I am well within my right to ban your sorry Q lovin ass because its MY server, MY money and MY rules. If you don't like it, wipe your damn eyes, iron your skirt and go play someplace else. Even better, get your own server and offer people admin, just so you can ban 'n00b admins'.

Sorry, not everybody is as skilled as you, or gives a **** about what you think or what you want. Get over it.

It is not a 'feature' that SWBF currently has no admin commands, it is a bug. They released the game before the server was ready.

server Admins have the right to full control of the servers they pay for...end of story.

If they are assholes and abuse their power...no one will play in there server

If players dont like a particular server...they can go somewhere else

...but servers are like peoples houses, when you go visit you have to abide by their rules. You do not have the 'right' to go in and do whatever you want regardless of the owners wishes....sorrry

It should also be pointed out that more admin control means more options which means more variety of server types. Which is a benefit to the players as well.

...so if you feel so strongly about servers being 'free for all' zones, then I suggest you get out your wallet and rent one.

Originally posted by [RNGD]Tyrant

server Admins have the right to full control of the servers they pay for...end of story.........

...but servers are like peoples houses, when you go visit you have to abide by their rules. You do not have the 'right' to go in and do whatever you want regardless of the owners wishes....sorrry

My point, almost VERBAITUM. I don't shell out my hard earned cash every month so some punk ass can complain that I'm tired of letting people calling my regulars and clanmates "f***ing jew n00bs"

Originally posted by FpS_Vandal

I'm so goddamn sick of this "ADMINS SUCK" BS.

Need a bucket to barf in? :o

So if you feel so strongly about servers being 'free for all' zones, then I suggest you get out your wallet and rent one.

LOL the point is I and nobody else should have to. The game should be played the way it is meant to be played. Without admin made up rules. As far as your server is like your home? I doubt anyone would have many real life friends if they run their house like they run their servers.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by FpS_Vandal

My point, almost VERBAITUM. I don't shell out my hard earned cash every month so some punk ass can complain that I'm tired of letting people calling my regulars and clanmates "f***ing jew n00bs"

I can feel your power trip and I'm not even on your server.;)

LOL the point is I and nobody else should have to

...no you just feel that other people should pay but have absolutely no say in how their servers are run

The game should be played the way it is meant to be played.

and who is to determine 'how the game should be played' on my server? You?

....uh right

Just do us all a favor Jack and don't grace us with your prescence on our servers.

I was just going to ask for his IP address so I could save him the trouble since he seems to have no respect for those of us who pay good money to put game servers up for him to play on for free. ;)

good thinking...I think this guy qualifies for my first ever 'preban'

but hey I am sure you can find other servers....look for ones titled

'We love TKers'

'Cheaterzone'

'Lamers Anonomous'

etc

I am sure there is a server out there for you....and if not...you can always rent your own

...now thanks for dropping by

Put off friendly fire? No way. I like it with friendly fire on wich makes the game far more realistics. And people can always find other ways to ruin the game, like entering an AT-AT and walk to the end of the map with it (don't want to give some people wrong ideas ;) ).

The best method of stopping lamers in my eye is to have a voting system. Very easy, very efective.

I agree with the guy that started this thread. I too have my head up my ass so far that I can see my stomach. I would like you guys to pay for a server that I can play on for free and be a total dickhead without worrying about getting hassled. I don't mind spawning in and getting my @ss killed immediately over and over again before I can take a single step. That's fun IMO.

Bravo Jack. I salute you. You are the 'l33t3st of the l33t! I want to join your clan!

Originally posted by S31 Apoc

go pay 100 to 200 bucks for a server "you cant even join when full" & I bet you change your mind.. To think no admins is good . means; you are a FPS game NOOB, never done anything more than run form flag to flag shooting....

Think more FF off = noob

LOL no I'm far from noob Mr. forum noob. Been playing them long before the admin mods started.

...no you just feel that other people should pay but have absolutely no say in how their servers are run.

How about this I'll start a Tackle foot ball game in my back yard and you can come play. Here are the rules "No tackling." Thats about the same as some of the rules you Admin Gods come up with.

Originally posted by Kramerika

I was just going to ask for his IP address so I could save him the trouble since he seems to have no respect for those of us who pay good money to put game servers up for him to play on for free. ;)

Oh I have lots of respect for people who put the servers up. I respect Admins that respect the game and the players. They are very few and far between. Why don't you give me your IP so I can ovoid your server so you don't ban me for shooting you in the back.

good thinking...I think this guy qualifies for my first ever 'preban'

Don't hurt my feelings like that.

but hey I am sure you can find other servers....look for ones titled

'We love TKers'

'Cheaterzone'

'Lamers Anonomous'

etc

Along withe the WELCOME to TYRANT's

Don't do this, that, or that other thing, and did I mention don't do that either or you will be kicked server. I don't like the game rules so I have to make my own.

...now thanks for dropping by

LOL:o

Archived