Home

FN Admin MODs

Cosmos Jack

Originally posted by [CHiX]Jenna

I agree with the guy that started this thread. I too have my head up my ass so far that I can see my stomach. I would like you guys to pay for a server that I can play on for free and be a total dickhead without worrying about getting hassled. I don't mind spawning in and getting my @ss killed immediately over and over again before I can take a single step. That's fun IMO.

Bravo Jack. I salute you. You are the 'l33t3st of the l33t! I want to join your clan!

Great first post. I'm sorry you suck so bad at playing games though. I don't do clans, but I no of few groups that might be right up your path. :rolleyes: Maybe you can find them and stand around in a circle doing emotes talking about how you're a Master Jedi.

Maybe I should rename this thread " Forum Noob Admins come here."

Jack, if you don't know the joy of being on a server you like where someone is hacking and completely ruining the experience and then an admin comes in and bans the guy, then you can't have played many games for THAT long. I've played multiple games for a long time, but mainly CounterStrike. I've found a handful of servers that I like. The maplist is to my liking, the settings are set for the more experienced player (no 30-second buy freeze) and the clientele is up to par. I can't just join a random server and enjoy it as much. So I need the admins there to control the flow and keep out hackers (who are pretty frequent). Without admins there are no "favorite servers" there are just random servers where the experience is all the same. Just be glad you have a game right now where you aren't gonna be bothered by admins.

But for me, having an admin to set the gameplay variables to something other tha the illogical defaults, kick cheaters and TKers (any server without friendly fire is newb. I shouldn't be able to shoot my ATAT's turbolasers into a melee and kill just my enemies) and (hopefully in the future) adjust RI points etc. for the losing team or increase overall RI points for both teams (to drag the game out longer. Games currently end too soon. The losing team can have a foothold and be coming back but they just run out of reinforcements) is something I will look forward to.

I like how I'm all of a sudden all of these things.

TKer

Camper

Cheater exe. exe.. exe...

Though none of you know me some of you have most likely have already played a few games with me lol. All because I believe Admin mods do a lot more bad then good for a game's life. They turn good FFA games into a stand around and chat RPG want to be. They take aspects of a games that were put in for a reason and turn them into bannable offences.

JKA is good example the siege mod reminds me a lot of this game. It was great fun when it came out. Now all the server left 9/10 the admin lames the game so the team he is on can win, or they still the objective and hide of the other side of the map. Not random lamers or cheaters the Admins. So yes I believe that admin mods will turn the game into a big lame feast.

Do I like TKers NO

Do I like Campers NO

Do I like Cheaters NO

DO I DO ANY OF THESE THINGS NOPE..

My problem is I don't do any of these things and still find it hard to fined a server to play a game on. While there might be a few with good intent for admin mods the problem is the people that you want to bann? The TKERS, CAMPERS, and CHEATERS are most of the time the Admins.

Games have gone from a few good servers plagued with abusers to the abusers running the servers.

The clan i'm in has many servers for bfv dc and q3, we run a pretty tight ship, no cheats , racist language etc etc.

Occasionally we might go on a tk rampage, if you don't like we are not forcing you to stay. Our three dc servers are almost allways full so people obviously like playing there, we have plenty of regulars so the competition is pretty fierce.

Games need admins, they generally make it a better experience for most people,.

We assume things about you because on servers that SMART folks run, people get banned for those types of things, not for say AWPing in CS.

I see your kind all the time, whiney freaking kids who think the world owes them something. I'd ban you not for 'shooting me in the back' or 'being awesome' but for being a cockbite.

cockbite.

Originally posted by FpS_Vandal

We assume things about you because on servers that SMART folks run, people get banned for those types of things, not for say AWPing in CS.

You really haven't read anything I have typed.

I see your kind all the time, whiney freaking kids who think the world owes them something.

I see way to many of your kind whiney freaking kids who have no power in their own life other then what they have on their little servers. I'm good 7 years older then you are there KID.

I'd ban you not for 'shooting me in the back' or 'being awesome' but for being a cockbite.

cockbite.

Great flame away. I have a differance in opinion and I'm the cockbite kid?

Ok let me put it this way.... I pay $104 a month for a ilnux server to be colocated at a NOC on the backbone of basically THE uberest line in NYC. We're talking pretty much the fastest thing on the net in terms of connection speed. Now it's true my group of friends contributes, about 10 of us total. And out of the "graciousness" of our hearts we allow the pubbers to PLAY on our FAT pipe server where they don't have to worry about lag, TKers etc....

We pay $104/mth, that means you play by OUR rules. You have no rights on our server and hey, anyone who admins any of our other servers will tell you I AM the jack booted thug of server admins. If I am running to a fighter and you gun me down to get it, guess what, you're not playing on the server ever again. You come on and say F this and F that constantly? Yeah that's a permanent ban too. That's me being charitable to our other public players so that they don't have to deal with smaktards, tkers, and general dumb s(&*s. We pay for the servers, it's our rules, you have ZERO input in how they are run unless you want to go to the server host's forums (such as http://www.ninjaserve.com/forums) and post your 2 cents.

If you don't like it then fine, you don't have to, but then you can tell us how to run OUR servers when you go out and pay for the boxes and fat lag free connections just like we do. Or hell, don't even bother, just run your servers the way you want and "steal" our client base all you want, because I highly doubt you will even ding us one bit. No no, correction you will, you'll take all teh smaktards and the real players will stay with us.

Do we need admin powers? Yeah we do... Look at it this way, at this current point in time, should a server fill up and the admin is not on it guess what he is not getting on unless he shuts it down. A server which he most likely pays in excess of $100/mth just for YOUR and the rest of the publics enjoyment. The server shutdown will no doubt result in ALOT of pissed off players who WILL NOT come back. When you learn something about the time (I spend about 20-30 hours a week JUST admining, answering forum questions and concerns and considering improvements and costs, not to mention punting off smaktards, TKers, cheaters, and generally abusive jerks from various servers) commitment, the responsibilities, and everything you have to consider about keeping the public happy with your server and coming to it, making it full 99% of the time, THEN you can talk to us about admin powers.... Till then step off, and either shut up and play, or just log and don't bother.

And if you think I'm being an ass, guess what, I am. Personally I'm tired off little two bit kids who have never played a grand battle game (like 42 or BFV), never had to pay for anything on a monthly payment other than their $10/mth fix of evercrack, and never had to concern themselves with something as close to running a business as server administration is that think have a clue what it is server admins do and the personal costs (in both money and time) it costs each and every one of them. Like it or leave it we're here to stay, and we will demand our powers or the game WILL die. Oh it will still be around like some of the other "non-admin" friendly games are with around 200 servers online, but nowhere near the 3000+ server that both BF:V and BF:42 have online at anytime individually.

Note: These views solely represent my own views as a paying server manager, and do not reflect the views and opinions of Ninjaserve as a whole, or any of its other admins and employees.

Edit: BTW it is important that this game get up and keep up 3000+ servers at any one time. THat determines whether or not a sequal is made, expansions developed, and general improvements made in terms of gameplay, not to mention whether or not to release the Mod tools. If no one is playing it online then it shows no need for the developers to make improvements to the base game as there is no profit in it. EA realised that and that is why their server are the best dedicated server packages there are.

Edit: You know what? I apologize. I got all worked up over nothing, and am acting no better than the jerks I regularly send on the big ban ride.

While I disagree with your position that the game does not need admin, I can agree to disagree.

Sorry to cause you trouble.

Nothing like running around a game getting the highest score not saying a word, not camping, spawnkilling, or whatever. Just having a good time. Then so and so says "Jack lamed." Then all of a suden "server disconect" log back in "you have been banned." Great thing really makes me respect people.

Originally posted by =HR=Meltdown

blah blah blah

Great thanks maybe I will resbond in a few weeks.............

I must be stepping on some toes for so many to come out of the woodwork on me lol. Don't worry I'm sure you all get your precious ADMIN Mods soon and bann away to your hearts content.

As for now I'm going to enjoy the game while I can. Without all the crying, flaming, and admin banning bull crap that will be here soon enough. If you all want to keep flaming me on here go a head. I have my opinion and you all have yours have fun if that what you call it.

Originally posted by [RNGD]Tyrant

admins, I see no more need to beat this dead horse

we all know this guy and his type

we all know what to do if we see him in our servers

its not like anybody is agreeing with him here

...so let him keep posting his useless defense of laming

Ok I have to say one last thing. "LOL" what a joke... another person that never read a thing I typed and just jumped on the "Bann wagon." lol

Oh and be careful when you are having them power trips there guys you might fall. lol

Cosmo Jerk is just jelous because he is an Admin. wannabe. He has probably been banned from servers for being a smacktard. This has made him mad. OR Maybe he was too good and he got banned from a server because some BAD admin. thought he was too good. Something has soured his idea on admins.

Its pretty obvious that he cannot afford his own server. He won't admit it, but he is on a power trip, but he doesn't have any power, yet he wants it. He REALLY wants to be an admin. so he can boot people.. You can read that out of his posts...lol.

Since that will not happen for him, he is lashing back at admin. and posting his negative ideas. He doesn't understand that Admin. tools are needed.. It is what will make the game player base grow more.

I also do not think that he understands that not all admin. of servers are jerks and just boot or ban people to boot or ban. While there are admin. who are jerks.. There are far more who are fair and friendly that exist to HELP gamers who play on their servers have a good gaming experience.

THAT is what it is all about.. being able to enjoy a game without all the jerks and smacktards ruining it with other people who appreciate the game in the same way as you. That is also why Clans and teams/units get started and evolve. It enhances the online gaming/group experience.

Archived