Home

Worst release EVER!

OCG-GabooN

This game has been the most disappointing game of all time for me.

First off I am a server admin, our clan has a Dual Zeon 2.8GHZ server with a ton of avl bandwidth. I go to install the server and since we are running win2k3 you need DX9.X for the server to load. Ok not so bad but a freaking readme would have been nice to outline this. The dedicated server file is a JOKE it’s just the very bare minimal to start a server, there isn’t even a freaking server log, HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE A SERVER LOG ? This server file needed at least another 3 months of testing to add NEEDED features and stability, and sadly it was released way to early.

Next the game itself, the server browser is the worst browser I have EVER used, no filters, you cant stop the server list, when you join a server that is full it reloads the entire list, no direct IP, no favorites list again this needed at least 3 months to iron out.

Now to the worst part of all, the very thing that is making me return this game tomorrow and that is a 20FPS cap in multiplayer. I really would like to hear the reasoning behind that.

Last but not least they rushed this game out the door so it met with the same release date as the trilogy which is sad. Lucas Arts, Pandemic learn this and learn this well release the game WHEN IT’S DONE!!!

wow, it really sounds like this game is in immediate need of service in order to have any kind of longevity with server admins. I really hope they do release some tools or a patch soon as i want this game to go on and not fade away after a month. I think the release of a patch is really gonna be the deciding factor with any kind of editing, i mean if people are not gonna play the game and return it, why bother? I do think it's a great game, but yeah, the fps cap and lack of mp options is a big deal that needs to get serviced like right now.

There is a way to do some logging though it is not very useful you can add the switch /log to the APP_COMMAND_LINE_BASIC in your battlefront server.ini. Direct connection is an option when you select from Internet, and Lan. Server control is abominable though.

I would have to agree that the game was rushed. Most likely to meet the release of the of the trilogy. Theres enough people that are unhappy with the product that I'm sure there will be some extensive patch work to enhance the game. In this multiplatform release I am sure that the PC version took the biggest hit because it could be updated the easiest later. With luck we can get some of the server stuff fixed up and then some new gamemodes going.

We just need to have some faith in the Pandemic people they will come through.

I kinda glad your leaving. I'm hardly in favor with all this flaming of a game. Sure it needs some patches, but rest assured Pandemic is trying there damn hardest to get a patch through. I would hardly call this OMG WoREST RELEEASE EVAR!!1!!1! And one thing they need to fix is set teh TPS to a defualt of 30 instead of 20 because servers are forgeting to do this and everyone in the game has to suffer it as they have no effect over it. Even though I'm still really confused on the FPS thing everyone is talking about since this problem isn't too apperant to me.

I would keep the game. The SP is perfectly fine to me and they will release a patch soon to fix the other problems.

Are you going to get the full price or a trade in if you take it back?I bought a game at EB a few months ago and hated it. So I took it back. They wouldn't let me trade it in. I had to sale it for like 1/5 of what I paid for it. Then beat myself over the head because I should have kept it. I don't buy games from them anymore though unless they are used.:o

Originally posted by SITH_ShadowCat

I kinda glad your leaving. I'm hardly in favor with all this flaming of a game. Sure it needs some patches, but rest assured Pandemic is trying there damn hardest to get a patch through. I would hardly call this OMG WoREST RELEEASE EVAR!!1!!1! And one thing they need to fix is set teh TPS to a defualt of 30 instead of 20 because servers are forgeting to do this and everyone in the game has to suffer it as they have no effect over it. Even though I'm still really confused on the FPS thing everyone is talking about since this problem isn't too apperant to me.

The point of this post is that the game shouldn’t need patches to address these things, if the game wasn’t rushed then we would have never of seen these problems. And if this was the case meaning the game wasn’t rushed then they would be releasing a patch that would address any balancing issues and perhaps even new content. But we are left with I am sure several patches that if the game have had 3-5 months longer dev time we wouldn’t have seen.

Players like you are the reasons why games are released as is, you come in here and try and tell me a few patches will fix this, well duh the point is if they had spent more time on the game maybe even releasing a beta demo then we would have never of seen these problems. Unfortunately there are more players like you who would just rather play an uncompleted game and let multiple patches eventually fix the game then wait 3-5 months for a more polished game. I for one will not settle for a un polished game, I paid 50 bucks for this and I cant even play it in its current form.

I paid 50 bucks for this and I can play it just fine. Maybe it's a personal problem?:o

Even with Open Beta testing of games there are still a lot of problems that come up after the game is released. Not tell they are in the field do they show up. All kinds of possible system combinations can add to new bugs and such.

There isn't any problems in this game that warrant all the negative feed back. Needs some stability work and better FPS in MP. Over all a pretty good game.

This game "as is" is a lot better then SWG. It is still in beta and it has never been fixed. lol

hey- I was upset when I first tried to install this game - and took me several attempts to install before errors went away. I can say this.. This game .. at least in single player so far.. has been a star wars dream for me. The graphics have grown on me immensely and I think it's an awesome awesome game. It needs work nodoubt. Give it time.. Pandemic will fix the issues. Rest assured.

Originally posted by ^Invader

you never played Galaxies have you?

Yes I have played SWG, but I wasn’t comparing this 1st/3rd person shooter to a MMORPG. I was comparing it to its related genre. You cant dispute the facts and they are that the in gamer browser is a mess, and if you are a server admin then you know the frustration there. I will not be forced to play a FPS at a 30 FPS to me that is unplayable and that is my opinion.

People need to understand that I truly want to like this game, I really wanted to play it and have been wanting so since I heard about it. But my point here is they rushed the game out the door. You can argue what you like but that is a fact. And if you say its not then you would also say the game doesn’t need any patches in its current form..

I agree...... there are NO filters... very very save prefs either. I am just as dissapointed as you. :( But alas, I feel this game was made for the console players and not the PC folks that are used to, and expect a polished game. Heck I started playing BF:1942 before the full game came out. I was playing the demo!

I understand BF:1942 was far from perfect when the demo came out, but SW Battlefront is just sad. They should be ashamed of themselves to leave us PC guys with 'console' quality gaming for $45!!!!!! :mad:

you never played Galaxies have you?

Look in my sig bright one. lol

Originally posted by Dabba

You cant even compare this game with SWG. Battlefront is a shooter, galaxies is a mmorpg. Thats like comparing Connect 4 with D&D, you just cant compare them.

You can compare the fun and the quality of Connect 4 and D&D.

of course every game has problems, and the SWG comment was cause someone said battlefronts was the worse game ever released :)

SWBF can't be the worst game ever releacsed SWG happened.

Originally posted by OCG-GabooN

Yes I have played SWG, but I wasn’t comparing this 1st/3rd person shooter to a MMORPG. I was comparing it to its related genre.

I was comparing 2 Star Wars games and to quote the SWG community. "If you don't like the game don't play it."

Howdy all

Im playing the PC version......It does need some work...However, for those who are just getting the game I would recommend to just get into a server and stay.....In game is very cool...easy controls and fast paced.

The server lobby is by far the WORST I have ever seen in all the games I have played... They need to fix the refresh rate ASAP. It is harder then heck to pick a server and then get into it. My squad {HT} is going to put up 2 dedicated servers but for now its a waste of time in that it is almost impossible to even find it.....If u have the game or get it you will see.

The other thing that really sucks is the in game chat....Why all these developers think having a chat system that fades away in a few seconds is what people want is beyond me.....YaYa, get voice chat but that is for folks you know......I have found for many years that in game chat is how you make some friends and joke around..

The last problem that I keep having is after a while of playing, any menu goes berzerk in that it keep auto scrolling thru options.

Overall in game is fun....its fast paced and I like the options of changing to other characters before respawning. Also the controls are easy to use.....Im sticking around for a month to see if they fix the stuff...also hopefully JTL will be out by then...

Happy Trails all.

Originally posted by OCG-GabooN

This game has been the most disappointing game of all time for me.

First off I am a server admin, our clan has a Dual Zeon 2.8GHZ server with a ton of avl bandwidth. I go to install the server and since we are running win2k3 you need DX9.X for the server to load. Ok not so bad but a freaking readme would have been nice to outline this. The dedicated server file is a JOKE it’s just the very bare minimal to start a server, there isn’t even a freaking server log, HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE A SERVER LOG ? This server file needed at least another 3 months of testing to add NEEDED features and stability, and sadly it was released way to early.

Next the game itself, the server browser is the worst browser I have EVER used, no filters, you cant stop the server list, when you join a server that is full it reloads the entire list, no direct IP, no favorites list again this needed at least 3 months to iron out.

Now to the worst part of all, the very thing that is making me return this game tomorrow and that is a 20FPS cap in multiplayer. I really would like to hear the reasoning behind that.

Last but not least they rushed this game out the door so it met with the same release date as the trilogy which is sad. Lucas Arts, Pandemic learn this and learn this well release the game WHEN IT’S DONE!!!

Agreed, this game is a joke, really. Maybe 2 years ago it would be good but today? No way this is a modern FPS game, it is just a console game ported to PC and ported poorly at that.

I HATE THIS I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO A ALTERNATIVE TO SOCOM2 BUT NO WE GOT RIPPED OFF. WE CANT FIND OUR FRIENDS WE CANT MAKE A CLAN SO WE KNOW WHERE THEY ARE AND THAT SCROLLING OF THE DIFFERENT SERVERS YOU CANT SELECT ONE WITHOUT IT BUMPING UP TO ANOTHER ROOM. BIGGG DISAPOINTMENT

Originally posted by masteryamaha

The user interface is horible, there is no way of picking a game by level, no filters, no stop buton to stop the list from automatically refreshing/ loading, the scroll bar is a pain to use without the arrows.........its safe to say they need some work

Come on, even you, a blinded by love fanboy, can see that this release was rocky. A ton of people rush out to get it, and a ton of people see severe issues with it. Thats not how its supposed to go. Even socom 2, when it came out, with like a million users online, was FAR more streamlined.

Hopefully patches come out for all platforms immediately

You know that the developers knew what was wrong with the game before they released it, they had to.. and that part kinda makes me mad about this.. so what if they have waited another month to release the game, it would have been worth it just so we wouldn't be as frustrated as some of us are now. Plus, they aren't dummies, they know what the online world looks for in games.

now that being said, i really like the game. when the admin'ing of the server gets fixed, as well as the server browser and a few other things, i think alot of us will be a lot happier :) But my point to this post is most of the problems should have been fixed before the game was released...like i said, they knew what was wrong.

Archived