Home

Worst release EVER!

OCG-GabooN

Dude I agreed to with the post. I was expecting a game on par with UT2004, FarCry, etc. on game detail and play. But I got a Dark Forces II graphic console game. Damn, the Physics in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast are better that SWBF, and it was realease years ago. The graphics are better in JKO also. For the price I paid for the game I expected the lasted technology in the game. The game also advertise Voice chat (VoIP), where the hell is it????

I have been playing FPS for a while, first release of Half-Life, and currently running three game servers, and this game was the worst setup than any of them. Again, this was a bait and switch. Provide the enhanced graphics advertisements and give you year 2000 console game technology. It is a waste of computer resources to play this game. I invested in the lastest X800 card to play high end FPS, and this game doesnt need it.

Again, this game could be good, but it needs some major overhauling of the graphics, physics, and configurable settings.

[iLB] Pebbles

http://www.bedrock-jk.net

http://www.bedrock-jk.net/utstats

Bedrock-JK: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast server

Bedrock-UT: Unreal Tournament 2004 DM/ONS servers

Bedrock-BF: SW BattleFront server ( for what its worth)

Bedrock-Voice: VoIP chat servers

Originally posted by OCG-GabooN

The point of this post is that the game shouldn’t need patches to address these things, if the game wasn’t rushed then we would have never of seen these problems. And if this was the case meaning the game wasn’t rushed then they would be releasing a patch that would address any balancing issues and perhaps even new content. But we are left with I am sure several patches that if the game have had 3-5 months longer dev time we wouldn’t have seen.

Players like you are the reasons why games are released as is, you come in here and try and tell me a few patches will fix this, well duh the point is if they had spent more time on the game maybe even releasing a beta demo then we would have never of seen these problems. Unfortunately there are more players like you who would just rather play an uncompleted game and let multiple patches eventually fix the game then wait 3-5 months for a more polished game. I for one will not settle for a un polished game, I paid 50 bucks for this and I cant even play it in its current form.

BINGO!!

if you think for a second that this game will be played as much as a Quake 3, or Half Life Counter Strike or URT, you're insane!!! This game is lacking in every way possible and there is NO PATCH that will fix it the way it should be! There is no Community integrated interface in the online portion which makes for a nightmare when talking about the PS2 version and organizing your clan to get in a room. How do you make a game that is worse than SOCOM 1 ?!?!?! leave it to the Lucas Dynasty!!

There was no beta testing, except for lucas arts people connecting to each other on their T3 connections. How the hell can you have an Online Shooter and no beta testing by the community?!

This game was absolutely rushed to meet DVD release and in doing so, they've wasted everyone's $50! If it had stayed in development for a few more months and had the community been given a chance to beta test it, this game might be worth picking up. But since it is a polished turd, i'll be returning it this weekend.

This game had potential but they must have been getting pressure from the head honcho forcing them to get it as ready as possible to meet the DVD release date. If anything, they advertised it on TV exactly how it should be. A way for hardcore SW geeks to get their rocks off and feel like they are truely living out their SW dreams.

For those of us seeking refuge from other games that have gotten old or full of exploits and cheats, this IS NOT the game for you! Go back in your homes... nothing to see here! :(

Archived