Home

Guns. Please vote.

te27ch

What is your opinion on the civilian ownership of guns?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on the civilian ownership of guns?

• Yes (civilians should be allowed to have guns)
    • No (civilians should NOT be allowed to have guns
    • Either way is fine/I dont care
    • Other (please post)

Originally posted by CagedCrado

Just because something doesnt have a use doesnt mean that it is useless.

use·less

adj.

1. Being or having no beneficial use; futile or ineffective.

2. Incapable of functioning or assisting; ineffectual

useless

\Use"less\, a. Having, or being of, no use.

sorry, just had to respond to that. :p

And those weapons do have a use, sport shooting and target practice. There is no reason not to allow sport shooting with any type of weapon to test your mental skill and ability with fire arms.

and noone here (that I know of) is saying that you can't sport with them. Acquire a hunting license and purchase a deer rifle.

It isnt about self defense, it is about the right to do what you want to do.

but like everything there are boundaries to do what you want to do, I'm under 21 and I want to drink, does that mean the government is wrong for imposing a restriction on my right to do what I want to do, yes. But because others have made wrong decisions, in order to protect the majority of people, they had to pass laws that restricted consumption of alcohol by teens. Drunk Driving was/is a serious risk, especially among teens, sad but true fact. what about those that just wanted some fun, so they drugged a girl and raped her? Surely they were just doing what they wanted to do.

Sadly people have ruined it for the gun nuts, and I think it's time we establish some rules about guns and their purchasing.

Also to the person comparing gun deaths from the UK to the US, there are more gun deaths in the UK per population, even if you consider you didnt take full information from the US.

US population: 293 million (cia world factbook)

UK population: 60 million

that is a 5:1 ratio, so there should be 5 times more gun deaths in the united states, or about 50-60,000. Which there arent according to you.

I've addressed this before somewhere. I'll see if I can find it again.

To change any of the first ten ammendments is a violation of my unalienable rights, and will be the end of my residency in the united states. To outlaw firearms is the same as outlawing freedom of speech. The same as if they outlawed computers or star wars or the media, or whatever you liberals do for entertainment.

please cut the mindless bull****ting and slander. Restricting your having of weapons is not equatable to having your freedom of speech taken away. I have yet to hear of words killing someone. Also, you aren't legally capable of buying a nuclear bomb, but it seems that it's well within your rights to buy one, why aren't you protesting that? Or do you think that's another liberal ploy to infringe on your rights? Sure you have rights, but so do others.

I dont own guns, but i know an infringement on unalienable rights when i see one.

what about all the innocent people killed because someone wacked out gun nut shouting "i have my rights" shot them. They had rights too, the right to live. The people purposefully gunned down with legally purchased assualt rifles, ak-47's, m16's, and other various AR's. What about their rights?

all I propose is we ban sale of assault rifle and high caliber gun and handguns. You can purchase a single shot rifle if you present a valid hunting license and permit. 9mm handguns are fine enough to protect your home, if you truely value the skill of a shot, a 9mm is enough to kill someone with one shot to the head.

Finally, stop tossing rhetoric. Your constant blaming the "liberals" is no better (and no more founded) than hitlers blaming of jews for germany's and the worlds problems. You want someone to blame, blame the fundamentalists that cause these speaks of banning weapons, blame the nuts that cause the "liberal slandering" of hobbyists. Own up to reality, not everything is the fault of commie pinko, fag loving liberals.

[fun fact] from the 20's even up to the 50's and 60's democrats were actually the conservative bunch.[/fun fact]

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kain

Hunting Rifles - To be kept locked up until certain seasons come about. No shotguns.

Hand Guns - Not to be taken off your property; PERIOD. No handguns bigger than a simple 9mm

Anything Else - BANNED

Why not shotguns? I'm just curious, because that doesn't make any sense if you want them banned for some hippy tree hugging reasons. They're not all that lethal unless you're a bird, or it's being fired at you at close range. A hunting rifle is far more lethal. And the term "hunting rifle" is a pretty broad category, isnt it? Any rifle, can be used for hunting afterall, yes? I know what you mean, even if I don't agree. I was just nitpicking a little. So no need to point that out.

Anyways, here's hoping someone comes along real soon and wants to ban something you like and use lawfully. Cheers!

Originally posted by InsaneSith

hunting accident. I had no idea they were there. ;)

then i guarantee you will land your butt in prison for life on several million counts of manslaughter.

in addition, the constitution does not give you the right to use the arms, just to own them, the gov't can still limit their use, (although, IMO, they shouldn't)

you would still get pinned for manslaughter because of your neglect. You should know new york isn't a hunting range, and it would be your negligenc for using too powerful a weapon on the range. It would be neglect, it would be manslaughter, you would be jailed, also, if someone wanders onto a range, and you shoot them, i guarantee you would get prison time

Originally posted by Lieutenant_kettch

in addition, the constitution does not give you the right to use the arms, just to own them, the gov't can still limit their use

I think people are forgetting to read this. And aren't there international laws about nuclear proliferation, that would prevent someone from who doesn't already own nuclear weapons from getting them?

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

I think people are forgetting to read this. And aren't there international laws about nuclear proliferation, that would prevent someone from who doesn't already own nuclear weapons from getting them?

they are not reading that... crazy folk

and you are correct about the second part, although i think i still had a point

Hunting Rifles - To be kept locked up until certain seasons come about. No shotguns.

Hand Guns - Not to be taken off your property; PERIOD. No handguns bigger than a simple 9mm

Anything Else - BANNED

Correct me if I'm wrong, Kain, but wasn't the right to bear arms put into the US constitution to make sure that the people could defend themselves against a corrupt, undemocratic government, should the need arise?

How will they do that with handguns and the odd hunting rifle? :confused:

It makes sense that the law-abiding public should have whatever weaponry they like. Criminals will get their fully automatic guns in spite of laws, not because of them.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Correct me if I'm wrong, Kain, but wasn't the right to bear arms put into the US constitution to make sure that the people could defend themselves against a corrupt, undemocratic government, should the need arise?

Where was the revolution when Bush came into power?!

It's not the smartest thing in there. However will instaure a dictatorship on a country is sure to have the backing of the army.

but does anyone seriously foresee a time when the general population of the US is going to rise up and overthrow a corrupt government? Cos i can't see that i can.

It made sense to add it to the constitution at the time, and after the war of independence... but i hardly think we are in the same situation these days.

If the constitution is to allow guns to protect democracy, then it doesn't protect their use for self defence or hunting, does it?

Archived