Home

Weak Weapons

I was so psyched for this game, then it comes out and I find that you have to blast away for half an hour to kill someone with the basic blaster.

When are game developers gonna stop making FPS for 5 year olds and start giving the weapons some real stopping power?

It takes like 5 or 6 rounds to the chest to kill someone (wookies even more).This is worse than BF1942 as far as the nerfing of the weapons.

Is it too much to ask for a weapon that will drop someone with 2 well aimed shots to the chest (other than a sniper rifle)?

Think I'll go back to RavenShield, a game where the developers had us adults in mind...

I knew it!

Some chode would frickin tell me to "aim better". :p

Whatever bootlicker - it still takes 2 to the head to drop someone which is still WEAK! :rolleyes:

Have you played Raven Shield? One shot in the chest from most weapons will drop any foe - now that's realistic. That's a grown up's game. You kids today with your toy nerf guns in games running and jumping around at full speed blasting away need to get a clue... ;)

Right on Vandal!

FPS games should reward those who play smart, using cover, teamwork, communication, and well aimed shots at unwary targets. Instead the trend seems to be toward noobification so when mommy and daddy buy their 8 yr old the latest game they ask for they don't have to watch him get discouraged quickly by the skilled players kicking his noob arse all over the map.

In order for this game (the pc version mind you) to have any hope of longevity, especially as far as competitive play is concerned, lethality of the basic infantry needs to go way up. Hardcore FPS gamers won't tolerate nerfed weapons for long.

I can hear it now - " Man - I shot that guy like ten times in the face and he still didn't drop!"

Thank god the pc version can and will be patched - then maybe us "beta testers" will ultimately get some satisfaction...

The question you have to ask yourself here is this. "Making the weapons do more DMG mean it will take more skill to play?"

I'm all for making the weapons more powerful and realistic, but if your getting upset when you run up on a guy " you have full health" and you start blasting away at him. He still drops you first. Who had more skill you or the guy that dropped you?

I'm not sure where your coming from. Do you just want the weapons to have more power or you don't like that you can shoot a guy 10 times in the head and he still kills you?

Skill will average out regardless. If you both take around the same number of shots to kill? Then you both require better skill to drop the other guy. Landing 1 out of 10 good shots on the opponent and he lands 5 our 6?

If you get the drop on a guy from behind and shoot him in the back? Great you used your head he was careless. If he turns around and blasts you to hell for it? Maybe he was careless, but he obviously had better skill with the gun. Why, because you had the element of surprise and he still fragged you.

The 8yr old is still going to get discouraged when the skilled players still drop his ars even after he shoots them 10 times in the head.

Mr Chode is right “Aim Better!” or have fun with "Raven Shield"

I agree. The current blast is simply too weak. It does take about 5-10 shots to kill someone. It takes less than that with the best pistol in the game. It should take ~4 shots to kill someone. The current blaster just can't stand up to any other weapon in 1:1 fight. Could use some tweaking. The basic soldier's only benefit is that he has lots of ammo. I don't really ever plan on being that class. Why would I when I can be the sniper, kill in ~2 hits, and have a droid?

Why it needs to be fixed: Skill is fine. But no one with skill will play that class if it's innately inferior to every other class.

I disagree. They made the guns more powerfull then in battlefield (which I like) but they shouldn't push it even further. If you change the power of the weapons, you change the whole game, and how it is played.

It think the game you're looking for is more something like Republic Comando. The maps here are to open and provide not enough cover for two shot kills. You might change the envirmoments a little bit to counter this, but because it should saty starwars, this is nearly impossible.

Sniper rifle only takes 1 shot when you get a shot to the head, if it takes more than 1 then you missed. True that the rest of the weapons are week, zoom in with your blaster rifle while firing at someone and aim it at the head, it drops them in less than five rounds.

I like the actual weapon configuration because, in my opinion, it is very balanced.

And before be angry for the blaster power u must try to learn how to use it. If u shot in head in less then about 3 second u kill the enemy with a basic blaster (like E11). With the sniper rifle a headshot = istant kill.

If u waste lot of time for kill someone, the problem isn't of the weapon that u use, but is of the user of that weapon.

I think that if the game has certain setting, we must change our gaming style, not change the game style. Because if we start to change the balance of the weapon (that at the moment is very good) u will never found the correct configuration, because in the world there will be forever the possibility that someone say "this weapon sucks, change it".

We must learn how to play this game, not the opposite.

If u dont like it u are not obbligated to play it.

P.S: and remember that soldiers in this game are armored, and their armour deflect a part of the amout of lasershots received

I totally agree with original poster (though I would have been less inflammatory towards the kids ;) )

I have the numbers here.

The Rebel Infantry, StormTrooper, Clone Tropper, Basic Droid, Super Battle Droid, and the Droideka's main weapons all take 6 shots to the body and 2 shots in the head to kill someone. Ridiculous amount of shots to get a kill, IMHO.

For the Wookie and unshielded Drodieka it take 9 shots kill them! (less of a problem with a drodieka since an unshielded on is a dead one :). )

This is completly unacceptable for a couple reasons.

First (as some of you are starting to notice) the infantry class becomes the weakest class. In a one-on-one with a Anti-vehicle class it losses most of the time. I admit this is due to more then just thier weak main weapon. The characters high strafing speed (faster then BF games for sure) and the never ending tumble ability (somewhat chessy when you see it in action) also gives an edge to hard hitting splash damage weapons (such as the emp launcher and anti-vehicle weapons in general).

The infantry class has a hard time actally landing a shot at the same time getting wasted in one shot which actaully doesn't have to hit them directly. Giving blaster shots more punch would go a long way to combating this by allowing infantry types to get the jump on them. As it is now almost every other class has a weapon that can kill in one shot, allowing them to get an easy kill on unsuspecting opponent.

Second, (and I agree with TM on this) it promotes a type of gameplay which very unsatisfying in the long run of the game's life. Running around meat shielding as you shot missles, gernade spam, and EMP poptart might be fun in the begining, but it gets old so fast.

One shot to the head should be a kill IMO. Nothing wrong with rewarding a good shot. 3-4 shots to the body would do nicely, and 5-6 for Droideka and Wookie, repectively.

I'm not asking for SWB to become a tactical shooter, I just want better class balance and allow some thinking when moving to take place ;) .

I agree the hit boxes are terrible in this game they should have at least 2 or 3 shots per kill rather than 5 or 6. It gets very lame after playing for 1 hr that its frustrating/ tiring that you have to keep blasting away. This sort of gameplay went out 3 or 4 years ago.

I am on the fence on this one.

The game seems unballanced but after playing more I am coming to the conclusion you have to use every aspect of each character class. Yes the blasters aren't very powerful weapons but you get allot of rounds and the grenades are plenty and lethal. Also using cover, crouching, and going prone make for a smaller target.

To my surprise, issuing commands to bots to follow me works very well. There are some levels that one side appears to be more dominant on, but I think as time goes strategies are going to emerge. I am clear that the damage system works both ways and do find myself in many firefights where fire is coming from all directions.

I'm a big realism fan. I play Raven Shield, but this is not that type of game.

richcz3

Well IMO, not only would this improve gameplay for the better but make it feel like Star Wars.

Majority of battles in Star Wars were with blaster guns. When I go to an all HUMAN PLAYER server and see the majority of players killing infantry with missle lauchers and emp launchers, I feel like Im playing quake with cool Star Wars skins on. Lets face it, most of us bought this game to feel like we are in the Star Wars battles. When something detracts from that feeling, the game, at least for me, suffers.

Archived