Home

Battlefront PS2 Problems/Questions [MERGE]

PAYBACKill

No offense I'm a PS2 owner also, bottom line is PS2 needs a upgrade...one that involves throwing it in the trash and getting an Xbox, PC or waiting until Sony's next system. The main reason for all of your complaints is PS2 online component is a last minute half ass job to compete with the god of console systems, Xbox.

I have all platforms (ALL!!!) and can give a honest answer based on my experiance playing them all.

-Xbox has the best convenience!

-PC has the best options, graphics, technology, replayability (Mods, patches, etc) and everything else minus convenience (in just about all cases)!

-Gamecube has the best wireless control ever!

-Sony has the best console Library ever!

I enjoy my PS2, but I enjoy my original NES too...so take it as that. PS2 is behind the times.

Originally posted by PAYBACKill

Why do the servers take so long to load, how can you find ANYONE you know, why can some people see SOME servers and some not, why is voice chat so not there???

All of these are ps2 related.

\

Your really adding to the thread bud.:rolleyes:

I think is bad because you cant find all the room, you have to restart you ps2 OR WAIT .... and YOU cant make a room for 16 people .. just 4 .. I need to read to see what the hell is happening .. and the game restart himself when the game is too lag ... I hope the patches can help . :( ....:D IM latin so tell what you odnt understand from PUERTO RICO LOL :cool:

ok, i jsut got the game battlefront... i thought it was badass for liek an hour or so then i realized that its the same thing as battlefield 1942 only better... thing abotu that game is i dont like doing that same thing over and over... do u think that if u have the hard drive they will come out with mods or anything like that, so that maybe u culd download some new gametypes like ctf,dm,tdm, and soo on??? becasue i have a feeling if they dont this game is gonna get old fast......thanks

I've set up the dedicated server and it's working fine. My friends have been able to find it and ping is at a steady 30 to 100. I've opened all the ports that gayspy had said to open, the only problem being that none of us can hear each other. I'm wondering if anyone has figured out any other ports that need to be opened? If you have any information on this subject an answer would be greatly appreciated....

thank you,

watcher

Originally posted by Phyr

I meant to quote the guy below you ill :)

When it comes to finding servers...it definitely is a Lucas Arts issue, but I still stand by everything else I said (finding friends, voice, etc). Whos doesn't know that PS2 had no plans for online except for to rush it out against Xbox Live? I enjoy the PS2 but when it comes to online game play its way behind, better then gamecube (only cause its not avaiable) but still behind. Some of its online games are good, but most lack features that would really make them shine. If the author of the post was seekign assistance, I would have probably replied differently...but he wasn't, he appears to be venting frustration. So I don't think my response was unnecessary.

Well, after much reading of these forums (most are all PC based) and having played the single player mainly, I finally went online last night.

Me and a few buddies up here in Canada all bought Battlefront, foaming at the mouth in anticipation and on the fatefull eve of 9/21, one bud told me the online was bunk due to now obvious server flaws. I was shocked and chagrined!!

HOWEVER! We were chatting on MSN and it looks like when you log on online, there may only be a few server lists available to choose from, at least for now. It was actually no problem for my friends to find the same list I was looking at via funny game names (such as "MAMtesters" and "HornyBoyzRoom". From there it was gravy!!! Of course you have to reboot your PS2 in order to get a new server list, but hey...

We were all playin in same room without flaw. Gameplay was smooth, as we obviously picked a room with best ping and medium player content. Unfortunately, this particular room didn't have headset capability, but oh well. The first time was a success..

Now, on to the PS2 Dedicated server on PC issue. One of my boyz set one up and actually found it and entered it!!! We are going to try tonight to get us all on his ded server room togther. If this is the case, then I don't see too many life-threatening problems with online issues and if they do fix them, great.

I will post tomorrow how our session went and any tips that we come across!!

Schlepter

Originally posted by DrAWOL

How can you say the ps2 is behind when it comes to online gaming, when SOCOM2 has more registered users alone than all of Xbox live? Look it up..

I doubt thats true, but it comes down to PS2 has an established rep and fans...as well as more PS2 units in homes (since they been out long before Xbox and have backwards capability). Xbox might not have sold as many units to date, but that doesn't change the fact that PS2 is behind the times. A lot of people play socom and its an ok game (I have it myself), definitely the best for PS2 online, but it has nothing on Xbox titles (Rainbow 6, Pandora Tomorrow, Full Spectrum Warrior, Halo2 etc..on and on). It comes down to stability and features (all games have voice and friends list, etc).

I'm sure PS3 will step it up, but Xbox is quickly gaining fans. It was slow out of the gates because people were skeptical, but in the end I think Xbox will rule because it has the lead/experiance on the online market which will define the future of gaming.

I didn't say PS2 doesn't have good games, it does have that...its the lack of features and stability due to its unplained counter attack against Xbox Live sells.

Also, as a owner of SOCOM II, EVERYONE knows that people register multiple screen names...I've don it myself, so that info is misleading.

PWNED!!!!

Is it just me or is the AI Confederacy stronger against the Republic when you play single player offline Galactic Conquest mode? I always end up winning one of two maps for each planet but can never win the bonus because the computer wins the other map. But when I play has Confederacy I can win every time. Seems the gun turrents and Republic Rocket Launcher Troopers are weak against AAT's and Spider Droids if you are fighting by yourself with no computer help.

Archived