Home

List Your Tips & Tricks

reltes

hint: AA guns are very handy anti-infantry guns (even at long range)

and the clone jettrooper is very good at taking out groups of droids, but its ammo is very limited so keep your eyes out for ammo powerups dropped by fallen friends/foes (the black boxes w/a red highlight)

Tip for Destroyers:

I've found that it is very effective to use destroyers in pairs. One can be open, shielded and firing, and the other rolls up and pushes its partner. Whenever you find cover, the two switch places.

This eliminates both the weakness in limited shields and limited speed.

If you are sniping.... remember the AI is stupid.

If the AI you are trying to hit is far away and moving, dont worry too much about hitting him coz if you get close he will stop.

Then just headshot away, and watch those kills rack up.

Stormtroopers (and others similar) will roll after the first shot... and then stand still. Generally different troops act slightly differently, but you learn quick enough and can pick them off.

If you are going on as a grunt, the Z key is your friend.

Zoom in, strafe and aim for the head. About 6 shots at most should finish them off.

If the crosshair is blue, then you are probably out of range, as soon as it goes red blast away. Usually they kinda of stop, or roll and stop, after thats its candy from a baby.

A lot of people on-line are using auto-aim, which is a really bad idea. You can identify these people easily by watching their laser blasts - When a target stays across their line of sight, their shots will temporarily track the new target.

It is almost impossible to get good head shots when auto-aim is on. Attack these people mercilessly.

Originally posted by treemonster

not actually a bug or an exploit. maybe not very honourable or balanced but...

It doesn't seem like an exploit to me. I mean why should one weapons system overheat a totally seperate system?

If you had a second person in it you'd be firing double firepower at the same time anyway (rather than alternating fire, which you could do as well if you wanted to).

In " real life" it would just be like a soldier dodging from one set of controls to another (easy to do in an AT-ST, harder to do in an AT-TE).

As to how to switch, on the PC just roll the mouse wheel up or down to switch positions.

Droidekas are very easy to kill, just nail them while they are rolling or with shields down (vehicle guns or rockets work great) or just nail them with explosives or vehicle guns and one shot will take out their shields, second one blows them to bits. I suppose they would be hard to kill if you were just a lone infantry man with a blaster, but still. The only other place I engage them as in choke points (where multiples can be annoying). Just drop a grenade or two in front of them and run for cover. One for shield, one after the shield is down.

to take out droidekas i get cover behind something so i can just see a bit of the sheild but it cant see me then when the shield goes down KA-BLOWWIE i blow it up, oh yeah and when a bot takes your starship if you jump and press enter if it has just taken off ypu steal it ( i think this also works in splitscreen with the other player but i may be wrong

Tips & Tricks:

1. Speeder Bikes. Play "single player" or make your own server & practice with them. Probably one of the most underrated vehicles in the game. Ramming/gunning (jousting) with the speeder bike can get high kill numbers and once you get good, you shouldn't die because it will be to hard for anyone to hit you.

2. If you get in any vehicle, do yourself a favor and be a pilot. Also, dont be afraid to repair your ship.

3. That said, one of the most underrated classes is an imperial or rebel pilot.

4. Hoth - Imperial side. Cover the AT-AT with the AT-STs. Get 2 or 3 shock troops there as well, and you greatly improve your odds to win. Fail to do that, galavant off solo like jackasses and watch your team be picked apart by the speeders. This seems intuitive, but no one ever does it.:atat:

What I've found for defending your AT-ATs is when they spawn, they usually spawn 2 at a time. You need at least 2 of them for this to work. When you get 2 of them, keep them extremely close together, that way, the Rebel Speeders can't take them down with their tow cables. The group I was playing with tonight did it and we dominated because we wiped out all of the ground troups who were defenseless with the ineffectiveness of the speeders.

My newbie strategies...

Tatooine Mos Eisley-When using the republic try flying to the roof of the hangar (To surprise em from above duhh).

Tatooine Dune Sea-Climb or fly (Whatever...:p) to the top of the arc to attack (Again...from above).

Endor-To destroy the bunker (At the Beginning of the game) take a sniper and grab a speeder bike then head to the bunker by the

right side of the map...then Snipe them from behind the bunker...

hidden from behind a tree and release your recon droid then head

into the bunker and release an orbital strike.

Note:to Get another Recon Droid just wait till there is nobody in the bunker and head to their power droid...then...just go up again...:p.

Rhen Var Citadel-Grab a jet trooper and fly (From the watch) to the right outpost and enter by the roof...then head down and conquer the outpost swiftly.

Rhen Var Harbor-If you wanna conquer the fortress (Using Republic) fly to a rear window at the end of the harbor (Instead of entering through the main entrance) and claim it (Again swift and painless...:p).

Bespin Platforms-Grab a vehicle and land at the enemy's outpost roof then go down and claim it (In order to spawn behind them).

Got strats?

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by beard

Tips & Tricks:

1. Speeder Bikes. Play "single player" or make your own server & practice with them. Probably one of the most underrated vehicles in the game. Ramming/gunning (jousting) with the speeder bike can get high kill numbers and once you get good, you shouldn't die because it will be to hard for anyone to hit you.

Also keep in mind that a single mine will destroy a speeder bike.

Archived