Home

Firewall Ports question

eliteman

I've tried all the ports everyones suggested. 3658, 3659, on UDP, TCP and/or Both. No one can connect to any of the servers I've setup, I've used different firewalls, different servers. I've also tried all the ports for the gamespy stuff, nothings worked. Anyone know the exact ports and which protocol(s) they use? Please this information would be really helpful, I can't believe LA hasn't released this crap with the game for gods sake.

If you're using "Direct Connect" to connect to the server that's probably where you're running into problems. After a couple hours of testings, a buddy and I have come to the conclusion that "Direct Connect" will only successfully connect to a "Direct Connect" server (using Direct Connect/Create), but not a LAN or GS server.

Still trying to figure out if it's possible to launch a dedicated, Direct Connect server :\

woof

It's ridiculous and amazing to me that we still don't have a definitive list of all of the UDP/TCP ports that need to be opened to run this game server without leaving yourself completely vunerable to the internet. I suppose they believe that in this day and age no one is running behind firewalls or routers. What naive, fantasy world are they living in?! :rolleyes:

That being said, you may want to have a look at this. This seems more for the client than for the server, but you may want to try opening all these ports for UDP and TCP.

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=6715&tstart=0

• 2 weeks later...

There is an additional TCP port that is choosing a dynamic port address each time I spawn the battlefront.exe application. Fortunately, this socket appears to be making a connection to a remote host instead of listening for connections which shouldn't be a problem.

Since day 1 I have only had 4 ports opened.

Luckily my router supports the UDP/TCP option so it doesnt matter which protocol they are using.

However, I did set them up for incoming traffic to be redirected to my server ie "Port Forwarding" as Netgear call it.

Also running it on a win2k workstation (none of this annoying winXP nonse!).

Oh, and if I run gamespy on the same PC as the server, I cannot see the server on the gamespy list, but can still connect.... I guess it just uses & therefore blocks the ports.

Um, while I think of it.... dont tick the LAN option too!! As it doesnt allow both, its an one or other jobbie.

ive been watching my ports being used in DOS while running the game i have seen the following ports being used while using the direct connect option. i entered these in my router and so far it seems to work.

tcp/udp 1450-1650

udp 3650-3660

tcp/udp 2000-2500

also you must disable windows firewall and any other firewall you might have on.

i hope this works for you all.

sincerly,

Darth Hater

This is ridiculous. No game will ever have me disable my firewall...

With all due respect: do you know what you are saying?

I have been trying and trying to get it to work. When monitoring the ports used by the battlefront process I constantly see port 3658 popping up. I have forwarded that port on my router. Aside from that port I see a lot of other more random ports starting 26xx popping up after a while.

Also the game becomes severely lagging a short while (3 mins.) after you spawned

Ohhh: And the most important part : no one can connect to me!!!

So: I have not been able to get this to work. I don't use gamespy.

Originally posted by Darth Hater

also you must disable windows firewall and any other firewall you might have on.

i hope this works for you all.

sincerly,

Darth Hater

Let me share my own experience. I have no router, but I do have a firewall (how can you not in this day and age). It does not block outgoing connections, but it does block incoming connections. The only incoming ports I have open for this game are:

UDP and TCP 3658

UDP and TCP 3659

UDP and TCP 27900

UDP and TCP 6500

I am also allowing IP 207.38.8.49 which is from GameSpy and based on the domain name, appears to be for stats .

That confirms what vwjoker states above. I can't say for certain that every one of those ports is necessary, but I can say for certain that (last I checked) our server was visible and able to be connected to from the in-game browser, GameSpy, the All-Seeing Eye, and XFire. As far as latency goes, there are spikes when new players join the server and when the map changes. Those are SWBF server-related performance issues that Pandemic needs to work out. Hope that helps.

[OSF] May the Force Be With You!

Thanks for the response Kramerika :)

I didn't have 27900 open so I opened it up and will try again tonight.

I'm also a little confused with the trigger portion of my router setup. It is supposed to open up a port more multiple connections. Not sure though what the "trigger" (1 port) should be and what the "public" ports should be (range of ports).

Right now I have opened up a number of ports in my virtual server/port forwarding section of my router.

i'm having similar problems with the PS2 PC Dedicated server

i have a micro$oft MN-500 router and i have tried practically everything all to no avail........

can anyone explain to me (in explicit detail) how to go about making this thing work for me?!?!?!?!?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Let me share my own experience. I have no router, but I do have a firewall (how can you not in this day and age). It does not block outgoing connections, but it does block incoming connections. The only incoming ports I have open for this game are:

UDP and TCP 3658

UDP and TCP 3659

UDP and TCP 27900

UDP and TCP 6500

I have a router and have been running a dedicated server for some time now with ONLY these ports opened.

Noone has a problem finding me through the game or gamespy.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here’s what I got:

I have 2 Ethernet Cables,

One going to the PC & one going to the PS2 (SEPARATE ip addresses)

from a Cisco Router.

I am running the PS2 Dedicated Server on the PC & logging on to my room with the PS2.

On the PS2, the Network Adapter info for: Ip-Address & DNAS is set-up correctly.

.................................................. ..................................................

The PC: (ports that are forwarded)

static tcp 3658 (Playstation AMS Secure [battlefront])

static udp 3658 (Playstation AMS Secure [battlefront])

I THINK THIS ONE IS A PROBLEM THOUGH

static tcp 6500 (GameSpy Arcade query port)

static udp 27900 (GameSpyID, master server udp heartbeat)

.................................................. .................................................. ..

what do I see?

a) my room: (T.G.E.).Headshots is playable

b) Session 1 has a high ping (Headset works)

c) Session 2 has a low ping (Headset doesn't work) ...weird...

d) I am able to hear & speak in the other people's rooms

e) GameSpyId has a difficult time recording my stats for both Sessions

f) My Windows XP Home Edition Firewall is on, exceptions for above ports

If anyone knows the TRUE SET-UP for hosting the PS2 Server for Battlefront 1

on their PC and able to access the room on their PS2 with no problems, please respond, and if it works, I will inform everyone!

Thank you!

Archived