No Sky?!?!!? What?!?!?!

CaptainMurph

Specs:

Windows XP Home Ed.

Dell Demension 4600C

512MB ram

Intel 82865G Graphics Controller

Direct X 9.0c

what else do you want to know? oh yea when i run the system check it also says TNL - Failed and Sound Device- Failed....

I definitly know my sound works fine, and second off what is TNL?

thanx for the help

After using many cards from many OEM's and retailers, may I suggest ATI Radeon 9600 XT Runs the game great...

I build PC's for a living and have actually used many/most of the top cards, ATI just seems to always jump in my pocket as a good quality card... when you purchase "built by ATI", not a 3rd party chipset manufactured card or onboard vid from a Motherboard.

Ok go ahead NVidia users....;)

Your card is on the supported list for SW:BF but there is a note issue with it found in the Trouble shooting guide(trouble.rtf).

Intel i865

When playing Star Wars Battlefront on system with this chipset in Windows 2000 or Windows XP with driver version win2k_xp145.exe (6.14.0010.3865), you may experience the following issues:

• Light flare sprites may appear to flicker or sort in front of pillars and walls.

• Sky texture maps may display as solid black.

• You may experience a lockup when you attempt to start the game in Windows 98 or Windows ME. This occurs because there are no DirectX 9 compatible drivers available for this chipset in these operating systems.

[/Quote]

Try this it is the latest driver for your video card.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?agr=N&ProductID=1044&DwnldID=7773

Archived