Home

kicked back to desktop

annas_feet

Hi,

I installed the game as well as direct x 9.0c

when i launch the game the screen goes black and after a second or so i am back on my Desktop ... no error message, no nothing.

I have tried running this syscheck.exe thing - it sais "no sound hardware"

However , when i run dxdiag I pass all the sound tests ... nothing out of the order. I already updated my sound drivers, it did not help.

Does anyone have the same problem ?

Any suggestions ?

ya my brother has the same problem on one of his machines- except he can't even get in the game. When he tries to run the game he gets a Windows XP error message immediately. Oddly enough he can run the game on one of his older computers. The newer one he has is an overclocked 2500+ with GT 6800 Ultra and Gig of Corsair with Raid Raptor drives - I am thinkin it has something to do with the graphics drivers on newer cards. Anyhoo- can play on my machine and I likes it Aloooot! -- Goodluck

quote: i get kicked to the desktop (game closes) randomly every once in awhile.. no idea why...

Christhaolin, I have this problem too. I was thinking that maybe it kicks players who have been in a server for awhile to let other people in. It really bothers me though, it usually happens to me after about an hour of play when I'm really getting into it.

Originally posted by Hallowicious

quote: i get kicked to the desktop (game closes) randomly every once in awhile.. no idea why...

Christhaolin, I have this problem too. I was thinking that maybe it kicks players who have been in a server for awhile to let other people in. It really bothers me though, it usually happens to me after about an hour of play when I'm really getting into it.

Hmmm, that's possible, but the fact that I am kicked to the desktop and the game terminates itself from the process list leads me to believe that it is a bigger issue than that.

ive had the same problem.. that where I start the game, the screen goes black, then goes back to desktop.. i've tried messing with the regional and language settings, and it didn't work. I've also completel updated directx and my video drivers. Still i haven't fixed the problem. Guess i'm s.o.l.

Out of all the people having problems and getting kicked back to the desktop, What sound card do you have... I really think it's the sblive sound cards... Then again it could be the new video cards.. I have the X800 XT PE with the 4.9 drivers installed and a SBlive 5.1 Plat...

strange thing. i had the same problem, reinstalled the video driver, put in a new sound card (soundblaster 4.1 digital), changed the country settings, closed every possible program and got it to work.

now i am trying the same thing, and of course it doesn't work.

i figured, it had something to do with the soundcard. i turned my onboard soundcard off (via bios) and ran the install syscheck on cd1. everything fine.

then i reinstalled every driver but it won't work anymore. i installed the newest patch, and even reinstalled the game. nothing.

getting tired of not being able to play.

athlon 3000+, 512mb, geforce 5700le 256mb

The game freezes for me during gameplay on SP and MP. It use to freeze on the 2 map for clone wars campaign which is theed i think. i changed some stuff around on my PC and now it crashes on genanosis when i go to the mountain thing in the center. Anyone know what else i can do to change it?

Archived