• 90-100%
    • 70-80%
    • 50-60%
    • 30-40%
    • 10-20%
    • 0-9%

BattleFront is undoubtedly the absolute worst game I have ever seen

Why even bother trying to play the damn thing you cant connect to anyone

This thing has so many bugs not even God him self could have created so many different varities

The interface is a mess

trying to scroll through a list of multiplayer games is impossible

let alone trying to connect up

In trying to create a server, this must work on some distant planet other than earth. Because myself and 2 of my friends tried on several different machines and never could get one where we could connect

We run 8 JK2 and JA rooms dedicated servers

we run 7 HL, Counter Strike and Natural Selections servers

we run 10 different websites --- we are not that dumb

But Starwars BattleFront ?????? NO WAY

This is the worst nightmare I have ever come across

All I can say is where do we get our money back?

I dont think they can come up with enough patches to save this disaster

and talk about computer resources --

Well perhaps Bill Gates and the Pentagon can play the game ... but anyone making under a 100 Gs a month probably wont be able to afford the equipment necessary to run this dinosaur

If I sound critical ... I am not even getting started

Do you people even beta test these things??

We are making posts on our site not recommending this game How could Lucas Arts allow such a disaster

after 2 weeks an $50 bucks I am going to line my catbox with the pages from the manual thats the only good thing I can say about this

They should have paid less attention on the real to life movie clips

and more about the game

If I wanted real life I will watch the news

People want good graphics but not movie clips in a game

I think they tryed to compete with LOR and HL and missed on all accounts

of course this is the PC version I am talking about.... maybe its only for PS2s or Xboxes

and the marriage of GameSpy to this game is a tragic mistake

talk about another dinosaur

these two belong married to each other.....

Next time I suggest taking the consumer into account

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely love this game. It beats the hell out of Jedi Outcast and Academy. Easily one of the best games I've ever played.

I have it for PC, and I don't see any bugs. None. If you want to talk about bugs, let's talk JO and JA... it took four patches to get JKII right, and after the one patch for JA there are still bugs.

The game is only a few days old. Wait for the second patch, modding tools, and the expansion of the community. What you're doing is judging a book by its cover, and judging it took soon.

Well I'm not going to convince you to give the game a fair chance, but if you refuse to play the game after only a few days, it's your loss.

Have fun getting admin abused in JK2 and JA as well as dealing with all the bugs in JA, and getting cheated and admin abused in Counter Strike. And I've never even heard of "Natural Selection."

LOL! Doesn't surprise me coming from a CS fanboy.. but hey, you can't please everyone.

I do agree the server browser needs work, but all of your other complaints are just nonsense.. this game, just like every other game released these days does not go without its issues and is never perfect right out of the box..

This game will be patched and patched again until its near perfect.

Wow, what a critic.

Dude, answer this, what patch is CS on? Why do they run a beta for CS: Source?

The multi-player interface needs work but as you can see with the 1.00a patch, they are working on it. Plus Battlefront is along the same lines as the battlefield series (pretty much related) and not anything of HL, JKII, and JA. And if you've ever played the original Battlefield 1942, they had a bugged first release too but look at them now.

I understand your frustrations but cut them slack. I'm sure you'd want Joe Public to do the same for you if you were in their shoes!

Things need work but you don't really point out all the obvious bugs there are in the game. Can't connect? I'm having no trouble at all except for day one, hour one. Couldn't connect to anybody but that is gone. The server browser is somewhat improved but join-by-IP doesn't work. Nor does command-line joining. There are bugs aplenty but the Dev team is on it. Post any individual bugs in the Bug Reports forum. I already have quite a few threads myself. It's not CS/HL but it's a very fun game for the Battlefield style of play. Very wide open and fun, once you get in-game.

Try listing all the major problems and perhaps we can pose some answers. I bet you can't connect directly but if you tried to get on a remote server you'd have some luck. There are plenty empty ones, the way the server browser is set up right now. Patch your system and get on an empty server. You can't control things as admin anyway so why bother hosting yourself? There are work-arounds for most of the major problems but sadly search function has currently been disabled so you might have to peruse the Server Admin forum for good solutions.

At the moment you should accept the game for what it is: a direct console port of a Battlefield clone. Horrible net connectivity (lowest ping I've gotten is ~80 and the MP FPS is locked at 30), rife with minor bugs, but the gameplay is solid. With a little effort, we can polish this gem and that's what we've been trying to do by posting problems constantly in these forums. I spend as much time in this section as I do the Bug Reports/Suggestions forum.

Karter, my man, you need to go let out some of your aggression. Maybe you should spend a little less time running 17(or whatever the ridiculousy large number is) gaming servers and spend that time and money on a woman(or a man if need be).

Oh yeah...10 websites?? That's pretty funny. Well, I run a million websites, I too am "not that dumb" and I say this game is fantastic.

I own the game and I love it...the only thing bad I can say is that the ingame browser sucks......But I know that will soon be fixed! Other then that there is no way I'm gonna miss out on this game. By the way if you are willing to sell your copy of the game I would be more then happy to buy it from you....My friend is thinking about getting it...and I woulnt mind hooking him up with it! Just lemme know!

Truly this is a beautful and fun game, bogged down by only two things:

1. crappy browser

2. fps cap

the second one caught most folks by surprise, myself included; I initially thought "what a crappy game engine" and was angry, but then seeing it in singleplayer, and then finding a few servers with high framerates, clearly this issue is fixable.

they are working on the browser, and that's great.

But, sorry, this game should not have had these kinds of basic problems out of the box. Either they did no real beta testing of the PC version, or they are complete idiots. No middle ground here.

I must recommmend that people should buy the game, since its problems are being worked on, and it is still very enjoyable as it stands, though some patience is required. It really looks sweet at 1280 x 1024, all details on full, and at 80 fps....very cinematic, immersive, and cool game.

BTW, NOTHING in this game needs to be balanced. weapons, vehicles, classses, all are very nicely done, challenging, and enjoyable. I love having tauntaun races!

I have been waiting a long time for this game.

I have a JA clan, which has been waiting to get our teeth into Battlefront for some time.

Having played the game, I have to say that I will probably be playing this game for some years to come.

But...

I have to agree with alomst every point that the origonal poster made.

I feel like I am playing a game that was released six months too early.

I am completely perplexed as to how this game was considered fit for release.

Honestly, was this game beta tested?

I live in Ireland, but almost all my clan live in eastern U.S.

If I want to join a low ping server it isnt too dificult.

But when I want to join a server furthur down the list, I have to wait for five minutes for the list to finnish, then I join a half full server, am told there is no spaces left, and have to wait another five minutes to refresh the list again.

Whoever designed the server browser is a (insert expletive). Sorry but it is the only explanation.

Now with the new patch, every server has a ping of 1 red bar. (Whatever the hell that means.)

So it has become impossible to play.

I am in shock and awe as to how bad the online support is. And I bought this game for online play. I dont really play single player games anymore.

All I can do now is wait for the next patches to see if it eventually makes this great game playable.

Now with the new patch, every server has a ping of 1 red bar. (Whatever the hell that means.)

So it has become impossible to play.

You have to click on a server and wait for it to update. Any server with your gold bar around it will update. You will then be able to see the ping and number of players etc.

Originally posted by Skellington

Okay, maybe what I was saying there got lost on everybody. My point is that there are simply not enough win conditions in this game. It ALWAYS comes down to the same thing, deathmatch until all reenforcements are dead. There is something sorely dull and tired about that. It would not be a major technical issue to simply have added a couple of alternate conditions IE - hold Echo Base until 15 minutes elapse, detroy the shield bunker at all costs. There simply is NOT enough options in this game to make it compelling as it is. What about a simple thing like restricting certain classes on a game? What about heroes only for one side? What about changing the number of reenforcments available to lengthen or shorten a game, or handicap one side? There all seem pretty obvious, easy to implement, and exist in other games. What about a large space map with capital ship gun stations? What about a decent AI that doesn't stand around picking its' nose while you blast the bejeezus out of it? Where are the plethora of maps to play on? There is a great game ALMOST in this thing, which is what makes it so maddening. It LOOKS good, the action is furious, the classes are nicely balanced, but it feels like half a game.

You know something? You can get these kind of things by buying Battlefield 1942 and downloading the Galactic Conquest mod. Obviously, with it being a player-made mod for a two year old game, the graphics won't be as good, but that, and the fact SW:BF actually has a single-player are about the only things SW:BF has over GC.

(By the way, the space maps in GC don't just have 'capital ship gun stations', they actually have capital ships, albeit only the smaller ones.)

I know, in fact I've played the mod pretty hard :) The thing is, with a development of, what, 18 months OVERTIME, why was Pandemic unable to implement such basic stuff? GC is good, but if it had been in development as long as it has under a full-time, professional design and programming staff, what could it be now? Why has this game been released by LEC in the state it has?

I think I actually have an answer too. I asked someone I know who works at LEC, and who worked on their part of the development of Battlefront. What he said is that they were given, in no uncertain terms, a shelf date of September 21, to coincide with the DVD release of the trilogy. They were put on the game in massive overtime shifts, but it came down to simply the game would ship and sell, in whatever form it existed, for the 21st. THAT was the deciding factor in how the game ended up. Not whehter the thing was really done; NOT whether it met the design specs; A release date to help drive the parent corporation to the biggest franchise profit for media sales of an opening day. THAT'S IT. It's a poor way to do a release. If you look at the best stuff LEC ever produced, from their golden age, it was always "when it's done". Titles were ALWAYS late, and ALWAYS met or exceeded expectations. LEC is trying to revitalise themselves, and this is NOT the way to do it.

Ok so I get the game and I play it. Its a great CONSOLE game. I am sorry, it just isnt dynamic enough for me to be a PC Game. I know tons of people feel this way, I just couldnt find the thread to post in.

Either way, it still is a great console game, but lacks some serious luster in the PC field.

I will stick to GC for the PC, and I'll just get battlefront for PS2. It only seems right that way.

I'm a hardcore star wars fan and I thought the Galactic Conquest mod was horribly boring. It lacked ALL atomsphere...it takes more than a bunch of vehicles and player skins to make the star wars atmosphere.

It lacks the sounds, the effects and really..the enviroments.

I've been playing battlefront everyday straight since I bought it and i've had a blast (pc version)...playing hoth and kamino I really FELT like I Was playing a scene from a movie. Heck! there is nothing cooler than running down a hallway with a bunch of other stormtroopers (NO BOTS!) into the thick of battle.

Originally posted by insanellama

well so far they shouldn't really be bragging about the online play too much...its kinda bad but obviously the lag and servers and such will get better

and i agree the single player is too short and not deep or anything at all

You are playing the wrong servers...I've never experienced the death match thing you mention.

I always have heavy teamwork...holding positions and taking others while making sure the enemy doesn't take the ones we do have.

I pick clan servers or gaming league servers.

Archived