• 70-80%
    • 50-60%
    • 30-40%
    • 10-20%
    • 0-9%

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I hope it isn't that bad, and that it can be fixed with some patches. I'd like to say that all you guys are pessimistic, and maybe that's right. You expected so much of the game, and now it's out you see that not all your expectations are there.

Lag issues can be settled with patches. What about the gameplay? (NOT the bots)

I got the same thing you did: and I loved the effect! It does feel like your playing with toys- exploding, missile shooting, laser blasting toys on your living room floor. it think it's just one more classic feaature of the best game I've ver played on a computer (outside of chess)

quote:

"-- I support George W. Bush and the USA.

-- I support the troops that are fighting and dying for our Freedom!

-- Free speech refers to political and religious rights...

NOT THE RIGHT TO BE PROFANE IN PUBLIC!

-- Christians have rights of expression too.

-- Star Wars Fan since 1979. "

You can't love Star Wars and support Bush- he's on the dark side!

-- I support the USA.

-- I support Free speech, even if deemed profane by militant christians or anyone else.

-- I support the troops that are dying.

-- Star Wars Fan since 1977!

p.s. "let's leave polotics on the battle field"

pere, take your political prejudices out of this forum and keep them out. those types of posts belong in the senate chambers or the sliced tauntaun

i personally feel that it feels a little console-ish, but if you remap the controls enough, it feels just fine. the graphics have been turned down a bit, but i dont really care. this engine is amazing...i dont even meet the minimum requirements and i can play it smoothly through everything. (even a huge laser fight w/grenades in kamino)

I'm extremely happy with the Xbox version, which I played the 100% completed game a few weeks back at Gamestars (Gaming event in London) and its so much better then the Demo you get on the DVDs, its crisper and smoother and just feels right.

They've captured the whole feel of the movies and thats what we've all been after for years.

90/100% for me.

Have you all got it on PC? If you do maybe it is the PC version is bad. All the other versions are getting good reviews. Well, I am going to review it tomorrow(if it is in store). But if it isnt I will review on Friday. I am getting Xbox version. (sorry if this sounds like a flame or spam).

And by far from all the vids I would give it a 8.5. When it is played probably 9.9.

Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi

Have you all got it on PC? If you do maybe it is the PC version is bad. All the other versions are getting good reviews. Well, I am going to review it tomorrow(if it is in store). But if it isnt I will review on Friday. I am getting Xbox version. (sorry if this sounds like a flame or spam).

And by far from all the vids I would give it a 8.5. When it is played probably 9.9.

My 7/10 was from the PC Version. The console versions would probably get a higher score from me as there aren't too many games like this on them.

Does anyone have the PS2 version yet? I wanna know if you can go 2 player online (i.e. online split screen with another buddy)

EDIT: I'd like to add that I enjoyed this more than BF: Vietnam :p

Picked up the game from a store on Monday, even though they said they were not selling when I spoke to them on the phone. Say one thing, do another.....

Any way, I love it. The IGN review that came out the other day seemed a little harsh, specifically with regards to the enemy AI. I put the game on hard and played Historical, and promptly got my ass handed to me.

I have only played it for about two hours, so take that into consideration when I seem confused about some aspects of the game. I still need more time to learn all the mechanics.

I have played as the Imperial, Republic and Separatists and found that I like the Imperial the most. Pilot characters are extremely usefull, alot more than I thought they would be. I had much more success in vehicles while being a pilot because of the healing factor. I have used the AT-ST, the republic gunship and the jedi starfighter. The AT-ST was very impressive as I was able to push the rebels back to their most forward check point while in one. At that point, I came around the corner and found some light tank and a couple republic troops with rocket launchers. I was unable to effectively move while shooting at the tank at close range and so was forced to stop and go toe to toe. In the end, I took to much damage lost that fight. The AT-ST is awsome, but realisticly non manuevable. I was expecting mech-assualt like quickness (I guess I forgot which universe I was in). The AT-ST is very good at advancing forward while firing but I still need to master turning the head and circling my target while firing.

The air vehicles were a little tricky at first but awsome once you get used to it. I still dont understand how to get people to jump into the vehicle with me. I know you hit right on the D-pad, but that only caused one guy to get in, then he immediately jumped back out. I still need to read and practice more on that subject. The Jedi starfighter was awsome on the island map that I played. I found that doing long, high speed strafing runs through the enemy was most effecive. At first, I attempted to circle and shoot, but the fighter moves to fast for that. Patience and long strafing runs are the most effective. The lasers on the air vehicles are extremely lethal when used on infantry and because of this, I was able to turn back a massive assualt by enemy infantry in one battle.

As far as individual units go, my favorite is the Imperial DarkTrooper. His jump is easier to control, in my opinion, than the Clone Jumper and his weapon is easier to use. The clone jumper seems to hover and have complete mobility while in the air as opposed to the DarkTrooper who makes high and long jumps designed more to get over obstacles. The clone jumper is very powerfull, don't get me wrong, but his weapon is more like an EMP rocket that requires skill to use effectively. The Darktrooper is easier to use for NEWBs like me. I was also impressed with the clone infantry, his battle rifle is very effective against other infantry.

The snipers are also very good, head shots are instant kills of course while body shots take two or three (Wookies). I feel that there is a time and place for snipers and using them incorrectly can cause some frustration. They do not shoot like in halo, there is actually a projectile that takes a little time to get to the target. So if you are sniping a moving target, good luck, I will leave that to people with skill. For those of you who have aim like I do, try using snipers on entrenched infrantry who won't bugde from a good defensive position. I had 20 kills with my sniper in one battle because I was camped out on a hill sniping Separatists who were firing from the windows of some small huts. Every time I downed one, another would take is place because they had a good view of my sides advancing troops. By sniping them, my AI soldiers were able to push close enough to take the area.

Got to run, let me know if you have any questions.

right i have woken back up and ready to reply.

first off i am glad most of you took my comments as being an objective look at the game as a game, not as a mega star wars fan, or a SW:BF fanboy.

i just trying to help make a decsion.

now today i decided to see if i culd put into words what i was describing about my FEELINg of why it FELT wrong.

i had my PS2 on and My PC at the same time, and basically swapped back and forth ad this is my conclusion.

The Reason that it feels so wrong on Pc compaired to teh PS2, is that its SO ovisously designed for consoles. Now i know i said that before but let me elaborate.

First off, Flying a vehicle on PC. its my worst gripe with the game as its terrible on PC, and heres why.

(i have my sensitivty on 8 out of 10 btw)

say you want to do a full U turn left. ok drag your mouse to your left, then put your mouse back to the other side of the mouse mat, and drag left again, then drag it to the left again, then reposition the mouse, drag it to the left again, then reposition your mouse. Repeat until U turn is completed.

Now, whats hapening on screen while you perform this action is a Very jerky twitchy movement (as i said before kinda like rogue squadron 1) Because the game Likes to auto centre your craft after youve stopped turning it. so on screen your craft sort of goes.

moving left, back to centre, moving left back to centre, etc etc.

this as i said looks very twitchy, and this is where the console design fails on PC. because on a console you do this

Hold Right analogue stick to the left until your craft has U turned.

it gives one nice flowing motion of your craft turning round. theres no twitchy re- centering as your holding the analogue stick accross to the left. instead of strafeing your mouse accross your mouse mat several times.

THIS is the major problem with the flight code, because it was completely designed to suit consoles, and i believe this is where IGN,s comments about the PC mouse and keyboard Amplifying the problems holds true. and this is why the Console gamers will Love this game much more than a PC user (or one like me lol).

it is also why i say it FEELs right on a console, and doesnt on a PC, simply for the fact all controls have been catered toward a console style control pad. Of course some of you may notice the Pc version allows joysticks. this is all well and good, but the fact of th ematter is, the number 1 reason people state that they want the Pc version over a console, is because of the Mouse and Keyboard is greater than controller issue. So it would kind of negate that argument.

so to sum it up again. those of you with a console ANd a PC, i would highly recommend you get the console version, as the game will just feel the way it was intended to feel, unlike the awkward twitchyness of the PC version.

Evil Dark Jedi, yes i would agree with your statement that perhaps its the Pc versionis bad, yes i woudl definatly say that the console versions would score much higher than the Pc version would/will.

to those who think im flaming the game, im not, i do enjoy it, and for the PC it is a good infantry combat game, but theres realy no use in teh vehicles on teh PC. i think i will be returning My PC version and sticking with the Ps2 version, as i said before, the shortcummings of the Ported PC version spoil the flow of the game that exists on the console version.

thx again Preach

p.s. theres probaly a heap of spelling mistakes in that so i apologise to those who are atually good at english unike me lol

Archived