Home

Galactic conquest

Decepticon

im taking back my copy if a patch isnt out in a week and im buying warhammer dawn of war. in the mean time i will be downloading the starwars mod galactic conquest for bf1942, which is pretty much the same thing swb tried to pull off except gc is ten times better with 50 vehicles and space maps(deathstar!!!) and the advantage of being on the battlefield1942 engine. oh did i mention it was free too?

ps....the name galactic conquest was unoriginally borrowed from the starwars mod created by prolific games and put into swb.

is this an honourable mention to the mod or just a big kick in the nuts for the modteam?

Originally posted by Decepticon

im taking back my copy if a patch isnt out in a week and im buying warhammer dawn of war. in the mean time i will be downloading the starwars mod galactic conquest for bf1942, which is pretty much the same thing swb tried to pull off except gc is ten times better with 50 vehicles and space maps(deathstar!!!) and the advantage of being on the battlefield1942 engine. oh did i mention it was free too?

ps....the name galactic conquest was unoriginally borrowed from the starwars mod created by prolific games and put into swb.

is this an honourable mention to the mod or just a big kick in the nuts for the modteam?

this post is vaguely familiar....

oh yeah, cause you posted it in another thread already! no need to repeat yourself.

Originally posted by Decepticon

Eh, the death star map is god awful.

I have to agree that the GC mod for BF1942 is pretty lacking. It doesn't compare to Battlefront. Don't freak out on the fact that it has some bugs... they'll get fixed and soon enough the game will be running great.

Knee jerk reactions don't help anything. And saying that the game had better be patched in a week or you're taking the game back... haha... come on... As if your whining and threats are even founded in any kind of reason.

So since they were pushed to get the game out on a certain date and didn't have time to refine it for the PC yet (which I understand why they would concentrait on getting it more stable for the systems that can't be patched first)... Now you want them to RUSH out a patch so their patch can be buggy too? You do realize that this stuff is coded by humans and requires time and testing to get it right. They obviously didn't have the time to test everything by the deadline that was set for them by the people who managed the sale of the game... give them a little slack and more importantly... give them a little time to try and refine it and do it right so they aren't just creating more problems by releasing a patch too early.

You really have shown a great lack of understanding of game development and business level deadlines.

From what I've heard, Battlefront is strongly lacking, and not in terms of bugs.

Oh, and "advantage of the BF1942's engine" means "advantage of an engine better than SWBF's engine". C'mon, "Specifically made for a SW game?" So was the Force Commander engine.. remember FC? Worst RTT ever?:rolleyes:

GC:

- Space maps.

- Large community.

- Stable.

- Caring, friendly, and active developers.

- A total lack of BS like ewoks and an invincible Luke 'bot.

- A flight system that allows you to do more than just go up and down and roll 10 degrees.

- Some accuracy. You actually get the feeling you're playing a Star Wars game.

- No charges for playing.

- You can have a connection that didn't cost $1000000000 and still play it -it allows connections other than broadband.

That do it?

As for "coded by humans": Quite possibly. I mean, I don't think he walked around thinking it was designed by a bunch of Labradors.:rolleyes: BUT if it wasn't so goddamned rushed, it'd need no patch. And yes, patches should be rushed. And that doesn't make them bugged.

You really have shown a great lack of understanding of game development and business level deadlines.

I'm a game designer, can I have an opinion?

SWBF shows a lack of research and has a lot of dubious features. And as for it being rushed: Well, that's not the makers of the game's fault, but LA.

Eh, the death star map is god awful

GC=Absolute crap

No, by all means, don't go into specifics!:D Come on, "it's god awful" and you're not even saying why? Geez.

Just close this thread anyway.

I Love GC, But there's no way you can compare the immersiveness of GC to SWBF... I have the latest Galactic Conquest And I appreciate what those modders have done, But I doubt I will be playing it much more as I now have an immersive Star Wars Game.. Yes, The Space-craft in SWBF seriously feels ported from Console.. Why They did The Space-craft like this is beyond me.. However, The Infantry look and move way better than the refractor engine, Not Like Stiff legged people.... I can't believe this dead horse is still being beaten.... Now I have my game line-up til HL2 comes out... Desert Combat, Red Orchestra Mod For UT2004, and Starwars Battlefront, Pretty good line-up, Too Bad in the near future all these games will go by the wayside for me when HL2, and MODs come out, Gonna be Awesome Baby!!!

in what way is the gc mod lacking? all it lacks is an atat. swb is the game that lacks. also the deathstar map is designed so the rebels have to free fall down to the deathstar, as flight controls are disabled if u go too high to stop the ties from raping the poor rebels. it is a gameplay/balance technique implemented with the love of the devs, but you wouldnt know what balance or love means. and if u want to blow up the deathstar, fly as low to the bottom of the trench as possible before shooting your torpedos.

also i may be new but as swb just came out, how am i to know

that both games already been compared to death when the game has only just come out. oh i get it, youve been comparing swb for months already to gc, even though your precious game wasnt released, but just expected it to own.

Look, Noone Is Dogging GC, It's an excellent Mod, They had A rocky Road with some of the team breaking up, and still managed to make good progress, I love those guys, But Really, Getting All Offended over this is rediculous man.... People Have their preferences, and How In the World can you expect a Mod Team to Compete with Lucas Arts For Gods sake, The GC Team Should Be Proud Of What They Accomplished, Infact, I would Love to see them Mod For HL2, Which Would Prolly turn Out Better Than SWB If you ask me... I really Like SWB, It's cinematic, It's Immersive, A Little kookie In Some Ways But...

GC is not bad but the map are bug filled and vehicles too : how many times did I felled through a ship on taslk force or died instantly in a lamda ship on beggars canyon.... and tkers and spawn raper(i know spawn raping is not illagal but it bacomes abusing) are evriwer.

so swbf is MUCH better because of = clones and genosis map. not bugged speeder. better engine and worlds. incredible graphics. working republic gunship. more teamwork, much more...

gc is just a good mod. swbf is a kickass good game!!

excuse me, but when was the last time you actually played gc? they are up to 4.2 build now, and none of the problems you talk about exist anymore. if you hung around or bothered to post in the gc forums, you would realise how quick patches get released for this mod. as for tkers and spawnrapers?? man i think you will wait and see what sort of dickheads run aaround the swb servers. i can only imagine the smacktardedness of nade campers. that will learn swb for making some of the flags so close to each other!!!

ps2 is crap. this is the opnion of every pc and xbox owner ive ever met. wven with bugs, pc vversin owns becuase of 50 odd players compared to 16? come on dude. get with the times!!! at least xbox has 24 players. the low resolution crap to look at for us pc junkies after playing games in 1024 by 768 for so many years.

"- Caring, friendly, and active developers."

Hehehe.... HEHEHEHEHE....

Yeah sure... Do you never even talk to the devs?! I mean their reply to the messed up Gas Grenade, which you can't even see, and which lags the server to hell because of noob spamming it everywhere was "We didn't have smacktards like that on the test server, run a real server". When it was THEIR feature that they put in. The game is glitchy and unbalanced (2 shots from a rebel tank to take out a Imp tank, but more than 5 shots from an Imp tank to take out the reb tank, not to mention the reb tanks has an artillery piece mounted on it, and screwed up hit boxes all over the place), combined with the mass rapping of ideas from SW:BF. GC was good for it's time, when there was nothing else around, but as of this point, once a Linux server with real functionality comes out there is no need to play GC any longer. The graphics, gameplay, and balance are all superior than GC in SW:BF, it will just take some time, tweaking, and patches to fix it all up.

And of course I love their defacto reply when you bring any problem in the mod to them "Works fine for us" or "it's as we intended". They know very little about working towards improving the community.

Note: This are just my personal views from personal experience with the GC devs.

Originally posted by =HR=Meltdown

"- Caring, friendly, and active developers."

Hehehe.... HEHEHEHEHE....

Yeah sure... Do you never even talk to the devs?! I mean their reply to the messed up Gas Grenade, which you can't even see, and which lags the server to hell because of noob spamming it everywhere was "We didn't have smacktards like that on the test server, run a real server".

actually, within a few days after release4, a patch called 4.2 was released to fix the nade problem. the problem wasnt lag, the problem was smacktard noobs who would camp near ammo crates and spam with them and the green gas only damaged the enemy and not the spammer. this has been temporarily fixed now by making the gas just for smokecover until further tweaking has been done to solve gameplay issues.

and the only reason you couldnt see the green gas is because your graphics must be turned way down or your pc is ****. ;)

what is your name on the gc forums as the devs are always helpful and friendly. and what can i say but i agree with the devs. it wouldve been hard for them to find gameplay issues with the new gasnades on test servers as most of the testers are not nade spamming smacktards who like to exploit new weapons. the only way to see how the gas nades would act in public servers was todo just that. give them to the public. but what a mistake that was. the gc devs shouldve been hired by lucas to make a real starwars game. imagine what they couldve done with the a proper starwars engine as apposed to a ww2 engine.

I've never seen so many complainers whining on and on. You came on our board just for that? Get out of here, go play your crappy mod.

Noone else is on because they're all enjoying the game(which is pretty damn good in my opinion). Yes, they need patches, every game does. And never fear, I'm sure an expansion will come out sometime and there will be space maps. Better than anything GC can make. Come back in a few months.

Originally posted by WickedBadMan

Yeah and how long has GC been out to troubleshoot bugs... Give it a rest you nub.

you r so unrateful. the gc devs dont get paid, they do all that stuff in their spare time. release 4 has only been out a cpl of weeks, and if u listened, within a few days of that release a patch was given out. just remember, the gc mod is dealing with the starwars universe, and as such everything has to be built from the ground up. custom everything. i am not saying do not buy this game and go download gc, i like this game and i hope it gets better with patches. unlike you who just bags gc. i am not bagging this game, i am giving my opinion on the gameplay and such. if ive said some negative points about this game, they are most often views reflected from the community, not just my view. it is not my fault the game is quite flawed. at least the first day i bought bf1942(the day it was released) there was a patch the next day.

Archived