Home

How Can Boba Fett be Alive

Lecter 66

In Return of the Jedi Boba Fett fell to his demise in the Sarlacc Pitt, when Han Solo shot down his jetpack

He also appeared in Dark Forces as the enemy of Kyle Katarn before his death.

So how in the name of Yoda can he appear in Jedi Acadmey after his death, when it was obvious he died?

:fett:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gah!! They are just confusing you!! The answer is:

Boba Fett threw grenades at the Sarlaac Pit, almost got digested, but then got rescued by one of late Jabba's dancers, who ended up being a memory-erased Kuat Royal Family Member.

You can read about it in the Bounty Hunter Wars Series.

:fett:

As for Fett appearing in DF, the game takes place in between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, when Boba's still alive and well.

Yes, what Majin Revan said is true; Boba doesn't die in the Expanded Universe (EU).

Personally, I think many EU stories are a load of crap, and I believe that Fett met his end in the belly of the Sarlaac. Still, that doesn't stop me from playing JA. I just let myself believe that it's another bounty hunter or a Remnant assassin masquerading as Fett. After all, the AI for Fett is pretty darn stupid. He certainly doesn't seem like the deadliest bounty hunter in the galaxy when he's not even trying to dodge your return fire.

Personally, I think many EU stories are a load of crap, and I believe that Fett met his end in the belly of the Sarlaac. Still, that doesn't stop me from playing JA. I just let myself believe that it's another bounty hunter or a Remnant assassin masquerading as Fett. After all, the AI for Fett is pretty darn stupid. He certainly doesn't seem like the deadliest bounty hunter in the galaxy when he's not even trying to dodge your return fire.
Mmkay, A: Analysis of the logic behind JA's storyline can go too far. Boba's dead, Boba's alive, is an explanation really necessary?

B: Most of the enemies in JA are similarly stupid, that's just the game.

Is there such a thing as a stupid star wars plot?

I mean, you're arguing that the Tavion, Desann and co. are less valid than a 3ft 100 year old gnome, a sword made of light and an invisible mystical force.

Really...

btw, it wasn't Roba Fett, definately looked like a Robert.

I think we all know that Star Wars is fictional, iamtrip. And since the entire series is a work of fiction, you can choose to believe anything you darn well please about it.

After all, Obi-Wan said that "many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view." Heck, you see that regarding real world events in politics and the media. I don't see why people can't do that for a story that they know isn't real.

As far as Lucas is concerned, Fett died in the Sarlacc, he's said so himself.

However, he recognizes that Fett (a big surprise to him when he was making the OT) is so popular the fans wanted more stories with him in 'em, so he approved Fett's return in the EU. Unfortunately there were a couple different versions of the "return" story, but oh well. This was at a time when the EU authors were still trying to hammer out a sort of consensus and communication so they wouldn't contradict each others' stories (well, not too much anyway).

So Lucas really has it both ways. He's trying to please the fans while simultaneously having his own story.

To prevent this sort of thing from happening again, when Lucas had Darth Maul fall into the pit, he made sure to have his body fly into two parts, so people would be sure to recognize that he was dead, and meant to stay dead.

Killing off popular characters then bringing them back with a throwaway line is considered somewhat "cheap" in fiction, that's the only real valid objection to it.

Boba Fett threw grenades at the Sarlaac Pit, almost got digested, but then got rescued by one of late Jabba's dancers, who ended up being a memory-erased Kuat Royal Family Member.

Boba Fett's armor protected him from the acid of the Sarlacc's belly. Dengar rescued him after he crawled out.

Oh and Queen Amidala is your father. Think about it.

Archived