Home

How Can Boba Fett be Alive

Lecter 66

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
....hence why you can't dismiss a certain parts as being stupid or silly (such as JA).

Its all equally unbelievable.

AS a matter of fact, you can. Just add 'Compared to the overall story of starwars.'

Now, compared to LoTR for example, some twit can write that Gandalf DID die in Moria and that this is a weird clone of him. People would want an explenation.

This amy not be a very good example but you'll get what i mean.

The ja series was in keeping with the overall 'star wars' style in terms of technology, themes etc. To discount it as 'unbelievable' seems silly.

Are you suggesting that Gandalf the White was not a clone?

Anyway...cloning is not in keeping with the lotr style and era.

But equally, in a story where a giant red eye is taking over the earth and a bunch of tamed ghosts is killing a massive army spawned from the earth, I don't think any storyline can be considered any more 'stupid' than what you may call 'canon'.

But equally, in a story where a giant red eye is taking over the earth and a bunch of tamed ghosts is killing a massive army spawned from the earth, I don't think any storyline can be considered any more 'stupid' than what you may call 'canon'.
So you're saying that "fantastic" is the same as "stupid"? Nonsense. Fiction has its own internal continuity. SW EU mauls the canonical continuity. GL's idiotic prequels maul the original canonical continuity. Nuff said.

Originally posted by iamtrip

but noone gave a damn about darth maul.

You're kidding right? There was serious hype about him and serious merchandise. Though it's died down somewhat, Darth Maul is easily the biggest "thing" about Episode I.

Lucas recognized this, and that he had all the trappings of a new Boba fett... mysterious badass villian with few lines who gets killed in a kind of cop-out way... just begging for fans to demand his return and some EU author to write it in.

Originally posted by iamtrip

I heard darth maul was cloned.

Actually, I heard the same thing from a friend of mine. He said it happened in a Star Wars comic book he read where some dark Jedi dudes cloned Darth Maul and had him fight Darth Vader (Vader won, of course).

If what he told me is true, then it's yet another incident of how EU is a load of bs.:mad:

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

Actually, I heard the same thing from a friend of mine. He said it happened in a Star Wars comic book he read where some dark Jedi dudes cloned Darth Maul and had him fight Darth Vader (Vader won, of course).

If what he told me is true, then it's yet another incident of how EU is a load of bs.:mad:

cool i just made that up

Many legends propagate as to the origins of Boba Fett -- perhaps by design, since the uncertainty derived from a corrupted backstory of half-truths only adds to his mysterious and deadly aura. One tale tells of Fett being a failed stormtrooper who killed his commanding officer. Another has him being the commanding officer of a fabled group of warriors from Mandalore decimated by the Jedi Knights. A third account tells of a Journeyman Protector from Concord Dawn named Jaster Mereel who adopted the mask and guise when he was convicted of treason.

Fett has kept his early, vulnerable years private. The times he spent playing with his toys in a sparsely furnished Kamino apartment, his guardians Taun We and MU-12, the quiet moments he would share with his father catching rollerfish -- all quiet memories buried under a hard callous of vengeful thoughts and malice.

After Jango's death, Boba picked up the pieces of his shattered life with the help of his "black book," an encoded message unit written by Jango with instructions for survival should Boba ever find himself alone. After the Battle of Geonosis, Boba quietly buried his father's body and marked the grave with a simple "J.F." He sought out his father's benefactor, Darth Tyranus, who had the remainder of Jango's stipend.

Among the first records of Fett's activities were during the early years of the Empire. Fett was hired by the gangster Sise Fromm to dispose of young speeder pilot Thall Joben and his friends. Though the Fromms were enemies of the Jabba the Hutt -- Fett's sometime employer -- the hunter took the contract to square off a favor he owed Fromm.

At the time, Fett owned a droid named BL-17, and used him to sew confusion among Joben's droids, R2-D2 and C-3PO. Unaware of a bomb planted on Joben's speeder, the White Witch, Fett entered his modified racer Silver Speeder in the Boonta speeder competition. During his attempt to capture Joben with a magnetic beam, Fett pulled the bomb onto his own speeder, and it was destroyed. Angered at the loss of his speeder and droid, Fett captured the Fromms to turn them over to Jabba the Hutt.

As a licensed law enforcer of the Empire, Fett worked for that oppressive government on numerous occasions. One report had him allowing Rebel agents to capture a mystical talisman infected with an Imperial sleeping virus, though records of this event remain classified and cannot be confirmed. Another report details that Fett was hired by Darth Vader to track down a Rebel agent known as "Mole" on the frozen world of Ota.

Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, a group of Jabba the Hutt's bounty hunters captured Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Chewbacca in the Hoth system. These hunters were to deliver the Rebel trio to Ord Mantell, where Boba Fett was to take possession and continue the delivery to the Empire. One of the hunters, an arrogant tracker named Skorr, botched the operation and let the Rebels escape. Skorr was killed in the process and Fett was left empty-handed.

After Fett finally captured Solo and was set to deliver him to Jabba, he was attacked by the other hunters hired by Vader to bring in the Corellian prize. The assassin droid IG-88, aboard his ultra-sleek IG-2000 attacked the Slave I high over Tatooine. Though Fett destroyed the droid, the Slave I sustained serious damage. Unwilling to be caught defenseless, Fett laid low for a while, which prompted a concerted search by Solo's friends.

Fett dresses in fearsome armor of Mandalorian design. The battle-scarred suit's design heritage can be traced back 4,000 years, when clans of Mandalores fought against the Jedi during the Great Sith War. The armor is heavily modified with numerous hidden and deadly features. The T-shaped visor set in the helmet incorporates a macrobinocular viewplate. The rest of the helmet features a temple-mounted broadband antenna, motion and sound sensors, an infrared device, and an internal comlink connected to his ship. Fett's weapon of choice is a sawed-off BlasTech EE-3 rifle.

Fett's armor and body were extremely battered by his ordeal in the Sarlacc. When he plunged into the beast, he was kept alive by numerous fibrous suckers that attached themselves to his body. This was part of the Sarlacc's horrible metabolic process; it would keep its prey alive for thousands of years, all the while slowly feeding off it. Fett almost lost his identity in the swirling dementia brought about by the Sarlacc's toxins. His resolve held, and he used his weapons to blast free of the beast.

Naked, wounded, and defenseless on the sands of Tatooine, Fett was rescued by his fellow hunter Dengar, who nursed him back to health. Fett reclaimed his armor and his reputation, returning from the "dead," and again taking on bounties. It wasn't until six years after the Battle of Endor that Han Solo learned his nemesis was still alive. Although Fett still piloted his antiquated Slave I, he updated his arsenal with the ultrasleek Slave II. These were but the first two of his vessels, which would eventually number up to Slave IV.

there you go boba's live story :p

Originally posted by Nokill

Many legends propagate as to the origins of Boba Fett -- perhaps by design, since the uncertainty derived from a corrupted backstory of half-truths only adds to his mysterious and deadly aura. One tale tells of Fett being a failed stormtrooper who killed his commanding officer. Another has him being the commanding officer of a fabled group of warriors from Mandalore decimated by the Jedi Knights. A third account tells of a Journeyman Protector from Concord Dawn named Jaster Mereel who adopted the mask and guise when he was convicted of treason.

Fett has kept his early, vulnerable years private. The times he spent playing with his toys in a sparsely furnished Kamino apartment, his guardians Taun We and MU-12, the quiet moments he would share with his father catching rollerfish -- all quiet memories buried under a hard callous of vengeful thoughts and malice.

After Jango's death, Boba picked up the pieces of his shattered life with the help of his "black book," an encoded message unit written by Jango with instructions for survival should Boba ever find himself alone. After the Battle of Geonosis, Boba quietly buried his father's body and marked the grave with a simple "J.F." He sought out his father's benefactor, Darth Tyranus, who had the remainder of Jango's stipend.

Among the first records of Fett's activities were during the early years of the Empire. Fett was hired by the gangster Sise Fromm to dispose of young speeder pilot Thall Joben and his friends. Though the Fromms were enemies of the Jabba the Hutt -- Fett's sometime employer -- the hunter took the contract to square off a favor he owed Fromm.

At the time, Fett owned a droid named BL-17, and used him to sew confusion among Joben's droids, R2-D2 and C-3PO. Unaware of a bomb planted on Joben's speeder, the White Witch, Fett entered his modified racer Silver Speeder in the Boonta speeder competition. During his attempt to capture Joben with a magnetic beam, Fett pulled the bomb onto his own speeder, and it was destroyed. Angered at the loss of his speeder and droid, Fett captured the Fromms to turn them over to Jabba the Hutt.

As a licensed law enforcer of the Empire, Fett worked for that oppressive government on numerous occasions. One report had him allowing Rebel agents to capture a mystical talisman infected with an Imperial sleeping virus, though records of this event remain classified and cannot be confirmed. Another report details that Fett was hired by Darth Vader to track down a Rebel agent known as "Mole" on the frozen world of Ota.

Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, a group of Jabba the Hutt's bounty hunters captured Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Chewbacca in the Hoth system. These hunters were to deliver the Rebel trio to Ord Mantell, where Boba Fett was to take possession and continue the delivery to the Empire. One of the hunters, an arrogant tracker named Skorr, botched the operation and let the Rebels escape. Skorr was killed in the process and Fett was left empty-handed.

After Fett finally captured Solo and was set to deliver him to Jabba, he was attacked by the other hunters hired by Vader to bring in the Corellian prize. The assassin droid IG-88, aboard his ultra-sleek IG-2000 attacked the Slave I high over Tatooine. Though Fett destroyed the droid, the Slave I sustained serious damage. Unwilling to be caught defenseless, Fett laid low for a while, which prompted a concerted search by Solo's friends.

Fett dresses in fearsome armor of Mandalorian design. The battle-scarred suit's design heritage can be traced back 4,000 years, when clans of Mandalores fought against the Jedi during the Great Sith War. The armor is heavily modified with numerous hidden and deadly features. The T-shaped visor set in the helmet incorporates a macrobinocular viewplate. The rest of the helmet features a temple-mounted broadband antenna, motion and sound sensors, an infrared device, and an internal comlink connected to his ship. Fett's weapon of choice is a sawed-off BlasTech EE-3 rifle.

Fett's armor and body were extremely battered by his ordeal in the Sarlacc. When he plunged into the beast, he was kept alive by numerous fibrous suckers that attached themselves to his body. This was part of the Sarlacc's horrible metabolic process; it would keep its prey alive for thousands of years, all the while slowly feeding off it. Fett almost lost his identity in the swirling dementia brought about by the Sarlacc's toxins. His resolve held, and he used his weapons to blast free of the beast.

Naked, wounded, and defenseless on the sands of Tatooine, Fett was rescued by his fellow hunter Dengar, who nursed him back to health. Fett reclaimed his armor and his reputation, returning from the "dead," and again taking on bounties. It wasn't until six years after the Battle of Endor that Han Solo learned his nemesis was still alive. Although Fett still piloted his antiquated Slave I, he updated his arsenal with the ultrasleek Slave II. These were but the first two of his vessels, which would eventually number up to Slave IV.

there you go boba's live story :p

wow

Fett was one of the first new characters to be designed for The Empire Strikes Back. He can trace his origins to rejected Darth Vader concepts that once had the Dark Lord as a rogue bounty hunter. Concept artists Ralph McQuarrie and Joe Johnston were most responsible for Fett's design. He first appeared in an 11-minute animated segment of the lamentable "Star Wars Holiday Special" television broadcast in 1978. Fett had another pre-Empire appearance in the daily newspaper strip story arc entitled "The Frozen World of Ota." Given that Fett and Skywalker meet for the first time in both stories, and Luke unwittingly befriends the bounty hunter each time, one or both of these tales is probably apocryphal.

Fett was the first new action figure for The Empire Strikes Back line of toys. He was originally available as a mail-away offer; kids would send in the appropriate proofs-of-purchase and Kenner would send the toy out. The original mail-away offers stated that Fett would feature a rocket-firing backpack, but safety issues dictated that the toy was released with the rocket glued in.

Fett's big-screen appearance had actor Jeremy Bulloch behind the mask, though the character was coldly voiced by Jason Wingreen. For his return appearance in the Star Wars Trilogy: Special Edition, various Industrial Light & Magic artists wore the armor.

Fett's return from the dead was first chronicled in a 1984 Star Wars #81 comic entitled "Jawas of Doom." A dyspeptic Sarlacc regurgitates the hunter onto the desert sands. Fett, stunned and suffering amnesia, stumbles across Solo once again. The tale ends with Fett tumbling into the Sarlacc again, though it was definitely not his last appearance.

In 1985, Fett made an appearance in the animated Droids television series. Toronto-based Nelvana Studios had animated Fett once before, in the aforementioned Holiday Special. Fett's second ink-and-paint cameo aired in the episode "A Race to the Finish."

In 1992, Dark Horse's Dark Empire comic saga was shaking up the Star Wars universe. It was in these full-color pages that readers discovered that Fett was alive and well, and once again on Solo's trail.

the rest ;)

Originally posted by Alegis

wasnt there some story where the sarlacc chewed on his armour and then some other bounty hunter saved him while he lay in the desert or something

yeah, his name was dengar ... and from the star wars databank:

... Surviving the collapse of Jabba the Hutt's criminal empire, Dengar's newfound compassion and camaraderie extended to rescuing a naked and wounded Boba Fett who had clawed his way out of the Sarlacc's gullet. The two formed a working partnership that would last years, and Fett even served as best man at Dengar and Manaroo's wedding.

Originally posted by Chiraen

In movie 6 he dont die, it only looks.

Only what appears on screen is considered "canon". Canon means correct continuity. Anything in the expanded universe, although it may be cool, is only fiction as far as the franchise is conserned. For example: here's a little story...

Bossk had had a hard day at work. Bossk was clinicaly depressed lately, so he was having a lot of trouble at work. One particularily gloomy day, Bossk went to pick up his dry cleaning, only to dicover that blood from one of his prey had been baked into the suit by the dry cleaner. Bossk payed what he owed, climbed in his car, and drove home to his wife Korrsk, who nagged him for an hour over the ruined suit. Bossk cried himself to sleep that night.

There, I wrote a story in the expanded universe, but guess what? It doesn't count because the EU doesn't really exist. Plus, alot of EU stories end up contredicting the prequels nowadays.

All the EU really is is fan fiction, albeit well written fan fic. Don't get me wrong, I love the EU, but it never happened:dtrooper:

Well actually you wrote fan fiction, not EU. EU stories are done exclusively through:

1. Bantam books

2. Dark Horse comics (Although the old ones were through Marvel)

3. Lucasarts games.

4. and possibly others that have the rights to do so.

EU is not fan fiction because it is published through one of the above three media.

Fan fiction is written by people who do not have the rights to do so, but aren't worth the Lucas Lawyers' time to prosecute. (unless you're making a nice piece of coin off it.)

How do I know this? Because I had a concept that I was going to make for the Star Wars Infinities comics (which are DEFINITELY not canon.) I began to pursue it, and I was told to cease and desist. Long story short, I learned an important lesson that day, the difference between EU and Fan Fic.

Your viewpoint is interesting and valid, but GL has not totally discredited the EU. The name Coruscant was not something Lucas thought of. That was a Timothy Zahn creation. And now it is canon.

I think the main reason why he hasn't totally discredited it is because EU brings in extra cha-ching and bling-bling. He needs to make sure that his great-great grand children can afford to go to college.

Seriously, if there was no EU, then his forum would not even exist. We'd all be in lucasforums/network/star wars/cantina instead.

I love most of the EU. Some stories are retarded and ghey. My fav is Shadows of the Empire. I like the concept of Splinter of the Mind's eye, but I think it's retarded that Luke duels Vader in it. Of course I think it was written before ESB, so that would account for that. (BTW I have a Splinter of the Mind's eye mod concept that I'm working on.)

Honestly, I think most people are pissed off that GL killed off Boba Fett. We didn't really get to see him in any really cool scenes. Come on! He was killed by a BLIND MAN who got lucky and ACCIDENTLY killed him. B Fett is supposed to be better than that.

At least J Fett gave us some candy, although like the death of Darth Maul, his came to early.

First off all, let me say I disaprove of your use a certain 3 letter word (or as you wrote it with 4), as it is used in a derogatory way.

On topic, I was just giving an overblown example, I understand the difference between fan fic and published books, but it still falls into kind of the same catagorie.

As for Boba Fett, hell yea I'm one of a bazillion people who think he shouldn't have died in the movies, and I relish the use of him in the EU. The other character killed off in the EU that ticks me off is...SPOILER ALERT

Chewie. I liked most of the EU, particualrily the Mandolorian armor series and the forementioned SOE, but I really don't like the "25 years after the Battle of Endor" kind of books. Killing my favorite characters is wrong!

Archived