Home

Geonosis is balanced!!! Read

Gh3nt

this map has become my favourite of this game, followed by hoth and endor.

i hear many ppl complaining that this map is heavily republic favored, how ATTEs are impossible to take down and they spawn way too fast.

Wrong.

The game is still new, ppl are still learning everything. On first day, republic won EVERY game on geonosis.

Today is the 2nd day after release, droids are already winning on this map. ( have seen twice, as of today )

the details i want to discuss here only are best applied to pc version, since there are significantly more ppl on each server.

The most important asset for droids army on this map is the Hellfire missile tank. Granted, their missiles dmg are not as good as the spider tank's main laser beam, but its' still pretty decent for 5 shots every reload, and the missiles home in on the target automatically. The important trick here is that you have to keep the missile tank moving at all times, their MOBILITY is the key here.

there are many times i saw players try to assault ATTEs head on using the hellfire missile tanks. this is not the correct way to fight, the weak armor won't last long under the barage of 5 powerful cannons on the front of ATTE ( one is 360 degree main gun ). The best angle for assault is on the flank while keeping distance, where ATTE can only retaliate with one gun, it's main. but it recharges very slowly and the shots are not very fast, you can dodge the shot with hellfire's mobility. Rear assault is ok too, since 2 rear guns are pretty weak, and usually noone likes to man them :) .

another great benefit for moving around instead of sitting at one spot, is that it can waste ATTE's shots, while it tries to hit you, but since you can move faster than the walker's gun shots, you drew fire from it and reduce your teammates casualties.

in short, for hellfire, keep moving, avoide front , attack from flanks.

2nd most important asset for droids is orbital strike. spawn as snipers and place some orbital area attacks against the walker can cause some pretty good dmg, not to mention you can take out a few clonetroopers spawn around it :)

you can also park your sniper beside a gonk droid in spire and thus let you have unlimited orbital strikes until spire is taken.

i rate spider tank as 3rd important asset is because it's main role is only as frontal assault against ATTE and to draw it's fire, but since it's armor is a lot weaker than ATTE's , it usually won't last long, but it's main laser beam deals good dmg, so try to deal as much dmg with it as possible before the spider is destroyed. one trick is that you can try to engage as long range and dodge ATTE's shots by strafing your spider. you won't always dodge successfully, but it helps.

the point here is that use everything you got ( teamwork ) to take down the walkers first, it's always the priority on the battlefield besides defending the flags against infantry. ( gotta love this feature that you can't cap flags by vehicles, promotes teamwork )

gunships are pretty easy to take down. geonosian fighters, infantry rockets, turrets are all pretty effective against them.

in those 2 winning battles for droids, none of the ATTEs made it further than the spire. it can be done. :)

Archived